GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Now the question remains can we play the next 40min like we have just now. Or it is a repeat of game 3 where we don’t have the lead.

Reactions: Regal

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Bullshit officiating aside -

Thought the team played a pretty good first period. Outshot them, killed 3 PPs, and generally carried the play.

Just two bad plays end up in our net.

Also - as good as he was against Nashville, Cole has been the opposite plus 1000 against Edmonton. This might be the worst I’ve seen a Canucks defender play in the post season. All I’ve really got to compare it with was Sbisa against Calgary in 2015, and I never thought I’d see a comparable. I haven’t advocated sitting him to this point, but I think it’s time.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This game is an absolute tragedy so far

Just god awful officiating

Moments with the Oilers playing dreadful
Moments with the Canucks playing dreadful

Wake up

Reactions: calnuck

Rotang

Sep 30, 2005
Dallas, TX
There are some positives to build on here. 3-3 on the PK, Petey looking like he has the potential to leave his mark on this game, and had some sustained pressure towards the end.

Hopefully Miller can figure it out, would be nice to have him and Petey going at the same time.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Refs suck but they didn't cause Hronek to turn himself into the invisible man instead of taking the shot or pass on the 2 on 1.
Yeah that was brutal as f***, just kinda went down on one knee with no idea where Janmark was but then not really in position to block anything Brown did either so Silovs was forced to play the shot

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Soucy has always been a #5 dman, what do we expect?

This defense is always going to make mistakes, all defensemen make mistakes.

A D corp of Soucy, Zadorov, Myers, Hronek is going to make a lot of mistakes. If anything we've gotten much better performances from a lot of them this playoffs,

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
When a defenceman hesitates, the winger/C also hesitate to cover for them

Cole is a dumbass, and the coaches are even bigger dumbasses to keep playing him. When a guy is throwing a series, you pull the plug on that.

Getting beat by ONE player, ONE INJURED player.

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
The thing that stands out to me is that they're abusing our defense a lot more than we're abusing theirs.

Oilers have a terrible D core.

Why does ours look so much worse?
They have higher intensity offensive pressure with McDrai, some of our guys are crumbling with weak clears and poor decision making against the rush. Really hampers our breakout and offensive zone time.

In spans where nothing happens, we build the momentum back fairly easily, e.g. leading up to the Soucy goal.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Oilers have completely neutered the Canucks breakout. Only Hughes can really breakout cleanly or Zadorov when he skates it out.

The rest of them dmen just play it off the boards or try those flip passes and pray.

You gotta ride Hughes hard this game, if I’m going down I’m going down with him playing huge minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad