Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM01 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 5-4 (Joshua, Lindholm, Miller, Zadorov, & Garland) | LET’S GOOOOOOO

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I honestly think we smash them the rest of the series. That must have absolutely shattered their confidence. Skinner looked rattled.

This team has the same magic the 2011 team had. It's pretty special. They are never out of a game.
If the Oilers play a solid team game, they really should beat the Canucks. They've done it a few times this season, but it's been rare. The Canucks on the other hand, have really stuck to their game plan and even when the early PDO offence dried up, they were still good value staying in most games.

That Nashville series was really helpful because they had to be very diligent to keep things close when they had so little offence going. If this is how the Oilers are going to play, I don't like their chances.

Reactions: Indiana

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Didn't just win, we demoralized and rattled their entire franchise and fanbase.

They had a 4-1 lead playing against a third string goalie with less than 10 NHL starts under his belt and two of the best players in the league, easy, right?

Tight, systems focused 5-on-5 play came through and we survived an abysmal individual performance by Ian Cole and some soft goals against Silovs.

Draisaitl did not look good in the back half and if he has to miss some time we need to absolutely pounce.

Go to work on Friday and take the show on the road up 2-0.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
The official 2024 Canucks playoff experience

canucks games.jpg

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
What a beauty game. Always believed we could mount the comeback and did. Damn, it feels good to have that kind of confidence in your team and be rewarded for it. The confidence has to be rising in that dressing room with each passing game. I have 100% faith we can win this series. 5 down. 11 to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad