GDT: WCSF | Game 5 | Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks | 8:00 PM EST | NBC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Player for player, Detroit being up 3-1 is a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

This should be a PittsburgheatingOttawaalive:esque showing, but I guess Chicago is underperforming.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

This should be a PittsburgheatingOttawaalive:esque showing, but I guess Chicago is underperforming.

Well for someone who proclaimed the onset of dead wings 2.0 your mind must be blown into a billion pieces.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006

If you watch Pittsburgh they have a lot of grit. Ottawa could not get a quality chance on goal. Chicago is one dimensional and well.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Changing your avatar in the middle of our series?! Are you trying to make us lose!? :laugh:

Don't worry I have already changed it once before this since the playoffs have started, and we're still alive!!! No need to worry boys.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Well for someone who proclaimed the onset of dead wings 2.0 your mind must be blown into a billion pieces.

Actually, yes, it is. And I still think it is coming - this is just a fluke. Detroit barely even made the playoffs. When Datsyuk and Zetterberg are gone (along with others in the same age group), Detroit will experience at least a decade without being competitive.

Don't get me wrong, noone would be happier if I'm wrong, than me :)

Last edited:

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Chicago is ours to take, lets destroy these tyrants tonight!

Don't worry I have already changed it once before this since the playoffs have started, and we're still alive!!! No need to worry boys.

As long as K55 is still on his mad crusade against hats I'm confident we can overcome all but the most concerted efforts to jinx us.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Stacked top line, but Bickell and an aging Handzus in the top six doesn't scream "goal-scoring explosion" to me.

Yeah... all they're really doing is making their weapons easier to counter. We know more than anyone that Hossa alone can't do anything. He needs help. And now he doesn't have any, not that he was doing much up to this point.

Actual Thought*

Babcock probably told the team what the lineup was gonna be before Quenneville had even decided. He is so far ahead of Q it is funny. I like watching a smart guy out coach a dumb guy. Its fun!

Zetterbergs Beard

Red Wins fan
May 20, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I'm going out for dinner tonight so I hope I can watch the game at the restaurant :nod:
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 6 min
#Blackhawks lines: Sharp-Toews-Kane, Bickell-Handzus-Hossa, Saad-Shaw-Stalberg, Kruger-Bolland-Frolik.
Looks like a case of Extreme Line Blending by Quenneville, especially after the first line. I doubt this will make the Blackhawks significantly better.

PsychoPig

Jul 5, 2004
Anyone else happy with those lines from Chicago?
You've got a hot head on each the top 3 lines that loves taking bad penalties vs Detroit.
Toews on the 1st.. Bickell on the 2nd.. Shaw on the 3rd.

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
even if chicago should win today (some kind of miracle) we finish them next game. i dont think chicago will survive more then 2 games at all.
personaly i guess we will finish it today. chicago will score like last game. zero. unless jimmy get an injury or some sort of.
i will turn into the game after the 45th minute, when the action starts. i expect the wings will lead then 1-0. until then i will watch the boston game.
go wings, make the chicago fans cry and complain

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
bf1.gif

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I hope the Wings come out flying because the Hawks are oviously going to play their best game they've played all season. Howie just has to be good enough to win...weather the storm early on as well.

And yes, this game screams Mule time. Also the 3rd line will be key too.

That said, I believe the Wings head to the WCF tonight... :thumbu:

(nervous)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad