GDT: WCSF Game 3 | Of Fences and Men | SJS @ COL | 7:00 PM PST | NBCSN KFOX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Sharks as heroes, Colorado all as white walkers, with MacKinnon being the Night King, of course.

EK65 is Jon Snow. Burns is Tormund... boy, now I want to do this.

I actually did this for a GDT (game 2) against Calgary (A Game of Ice & Fire). Was pretty fun but I was just learning photoshop.

Reactions: Jargon

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
They showed this huge dark cold storm looks like there was tons of feet of snow and they were saying how it’s almost May in Colorado

With a huge episode of Game of Thrones on Sunday in the way everything is gone I feel like a Game of Thrones GDT Would be awesome I just had would have no idea how to do it LOL I’m sure someone here can

Thinking about doing one for game 5

Malbec Rules

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Even if Nyquist was out, which he isn't, slotting Gambrell in doesn't mean that their offensive depth is basically gone. That's just nonsense. Nyquist is way down the list of being a part of the offensive depth list. That list starts with Burns and Karlsson as they're the catalyst for the team's offense and whom they built the system around. And among forwards, Nyquist is still pretty far down that list behind guys like Hertl, Meier, Pavelski, Couture, Kane, Thornton, and Labanc. They would be fine slotting Gambrell in for Nyquist if that became necessary. They certainly wouldn't lose their offensive depth based on his absence. That's just absurd.

Yeah, saying it was gone was an over statement, but having Pavs and Donky out for Haley and Gambrell is not good.

I absolutely agree with you about the Sharks offensive depth starting with Burns and EK but thats a double edged sword at times though. The Sharks currently have the worst GAA and PK of the eight playoff teams, which is at least partially due to the offensive mindset of Burns and EK. They’ll need to balance that better if they want to make a deep playoff run.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah, saying it was gone was an over statement, but having Pavs and Donky out for Haley and Gambrell is not good.

I absolutely agree with you about the Sharks offensive depth starting with Burns and EK but thats a double edged sword at times though. The Sharks currently have the worst GAA and PK of the eight playoff teams, which is at least partially due to the offensive mindset of Burns and EK. They’ll need to balance that better if they want to make a deep playoff run.

The part that Burns and EK65 are partially responsible for on the GAA front is a coaching issue. They had been asked during a large stretch of the season to pressure the puck almost relentlessly. That wasn't just Burns and Karlsson either. That was everyone. When it's everyone, it's a coaching/system issue. The PK issues are hardly on them. There are certainly defensive mistakes made from time to time but it's not some repetitive issue and it's not because of their offensive mindset that their PK is what it is. The PK's problem stem mostly from forwards not being fully committed and fully aware of what their responsibilities are. They often let seam passes through the box which is largely a forward's responsibility. They often do not stop and start when changing directions and instead skate for a little loop to change directions. They also have had repeated issues of getting into the shooting lanes.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Malbec Rules

Dec 7, 2009
USA
The part that Burns and EK65 are partially responsible for on the GAA front is a coaching issue. They had been asked during a large stretch of the season to pressure the puck almost relentlessly. That wasn't just Burns and Karlsson either. That was everyone. When it's everyone, it's a coaching/system issue. The PK issues are hardly on them. There are certainly defensive mistakes made from time to time but it's not some repetitive issue and it's not because of their offensive mindset that their PK is what it is. The PK's problem stem mostly from forwards not being fully committed and fully aware of what their responsibilities are. They often let seam passes through the box which is largely a forward's responsibility. They often do not stop and start when changing directions and instead skate for a little loop to change directions. They also have had repeated issues of getting into the shooting lanes.

Agree it is a “coaching/system” issue...I hope it ends up working out.

McDeez

Feb 8, 2007
San Jose
Sharks bounce back with a huge game, and hopefully Kane actually dumps and chase the puck once in a while.

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
They showed this huge dark cold storm looks like there was tons of feet of snow and they were saying how it’s almost May in Colorado

With a huge episode of Game of Thrones on Sunday in the way everything is gone I feel like a Game of Thrones GDT Would be awesome I just had would have no idea how to do it LOL I’m sure someone here can
You know who's throne it is.
B02JTAv.jpg

PackShark

Oct 7, 2017
1-0 Colorado in OT.

Jones plays it behind the boards over to EK65 who proceeds to shoot it in our own net...

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
I love the Shorks on the road, except in Vegas, which by happen stance turned out to be glorious... I digress.
No pressure on our boys. 4-2 with an empty netter.
Burns, lebanc,Meier, Hertl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad