WCQF: Wild vs. Stars Series Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think we all like the idea of being able to move a boulder through sheer force of will, but there are boulders that are just too damn heavy.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

When Porter is the best player of the night...in a #@$!@ing playoff game, everyone else (except Dubs) should be bag skated and then forced to watch Waterworld for the next 12 hours straight.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

Yes, you were far off, Poms.

A sorry excuse for a sorry excuse of a game. Astonishing.

I think we all like the idea of being able to move a boulder through sheer force of will, but there are boulders that are just too damn heavy.

Requires us to get up off our ***** and put our hands on the boulder. Right now it's like we're sitting 50 feet back with our hands on our heads like we're concentrating and thinking we're gonna move the thing with psychic powers.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

When Porter is the best player of the night...in a #@$!@ing playoff game, everyone else (except Dubs) should be bag skated and then forced to watch Waterworld for the next 12 hours straight.

Not nearly punished enough.

Make em watch Manos: The Hands of Fate.

Without the MST3K episode to make it bearable.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
We just need to work hard and cliché and then eventually the clichés will come. We just gotta start clicking at all clichés and the goals will follow. If we just stick to our clichés then we will win some games.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Can't help but saying out loud what everyone should know by now. This team was just way better under Yeo. Even when they were losing every game.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009

Well at least he's honest. Think Granlund had a case along with Porter but they were the 2 best.

Zucker doesn't deserve a spot but I guess we have to keep him in so throw him on the 4th line and take Fontaine out if Haula comes back. Funny how Fontaine was talked about as a luxury we couldn't afford after this season prior to it starting and right now I wouldn't be shocked if he couldn't find work in this league next season.

Am I the only one that saw us lose to a better team, and not a harder working team?

They are a better team, they also worked harder and more effectively.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Can't help but saying out loud what everyone should know by now. This team was just way better under Yeo. Even when they were losing every game.

I'd feel much better about our chances if Yeo was our coach right now. I wouldn't think we'd be favorites at all, but Yeo was a good playoff coach, Chicago just had our number.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Well at least he's honest. Think Granlund had a case along with Porter but they were the 2 best.

Zucker doesn't deserve a spot but I guess we have to keep him in so throw him on the 4th line and take Fontaine out if Haula comes back. Funny how Fontaine was talked about as a luxury we couldn't afford after this season prior to it starting and right now I wouldn't be shocked if he couldn't find work in this league next season.

They are a better team, they also worked harder and more effectively.

I'll give you 'more effectively'.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I'd feel much better about our chances if Yeo was our coach right now. I wouldn't think we'd be favorites at all, but Yeo was a good playoff coach, Chicago just had our number.

Don't think Yeo would've been able to out-scheme enough to make up for Parise and Haula missing from the lineup. Dallas is just more stacked and are the better team at the moment. Coaching has nothing to do with this.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Don't think Yeo would've been able to out-scheme enough to make up for Parise and Haula missing from the lineup. Dallas is just more stacked and are the better team at the moment. Coaching has nothing to do with this.

Probably wouldn't be able to out-scheme, but I know he'd have a better shot than Torchetti. He had the abilities of pulling out upsets with inferior squads. Hard to win with 2 5th lines though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's bizarre how we are talking about Haula as some indispensable cog to this team. He was a fourth liner last year, and for the first half of this year, and NEVER PLAYS on the PP, which is where we need help. He's probably my favorite player right now, but he's the very essence of a complimentary player...a seventh rounder who makes 1M/yr and who does a nice job killing penalties.

The problem with this team is that our high priced forward talent is either injured, invisible, or both. Koivu, Pominville, Parise, Vanek. That's 26M of nothing....well, Koivu and Pominville each took a penalty. No team can get nothing from their top4 forwards and expect to go anywhere.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Don't know why people keep on bringing up the depth as the reason we lost this game. Koivu, Suter, Spurgeon, Scandella, Dumba, Coyle, Zucker, Pominville, and Nino all did not perform at a level acceptable for us. I'll give you Stoll ended the game and Fontaine did nothing of value but the rest of the depth players gave us acceptable play.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought Spurgeon played well. A lot of the rest looked out of sync...sorta like they had been thrown together for the first time...go figger

se7en

infamous...
Apr 14, 2010
Maui, HI
nvvbde.gif

I don't even know why I'm so upset... It's exactly what I expected... Except I expected a 6 to 1 game.. I guess I got greedy thinking they could muster a single goal.. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we don't even score a single goal all series...

I think I'm more frustrated because the off season won't fix this mess... It's either trade away everyone we possibly can for picks & hopefully some pan out or just more of the same ******** next year...

I hate our team.

I'd honestly only keep about 5 players & of those 5, 2 didn't even play tonight & I'm not even too sure about the other 3...

I'd honestly be down to be a bottom feeder barely at the cap floor for a few years.. I never thought I'd say that but at least then I have absolutely no expectations & you can watch the players develope & have hope for the future...

This is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets any better...

se7en

infamous...
Apr 14, 2010
Maui, HI
You know what I just thought of? If the Wild only manage to score 1 goal this entire series, it will only be a tie for our worst every playoff series... But I could never hate on the 2003 Wild for their effort, that team made me think that our future was bright... I was so young & so naive... Haha

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Best time to fire Fletcher and clean house. Coach is gone. Not a ton of contracts to deal with. Koivu will be gone in two years. Good time to reshape this team.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
It just looks like the team has no idea what to do. They get the puck and they just stop moving their feet until they are caught

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad