Post-Game Talk: WCQF - (WC1) Nashville Predators vs. (P1) Anaheim Ducks - Series Talk (Preds win 4-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
So I'm listening to penalty box radio and they are interviewing the girl that covers the ducks for yahoo. They asked her about match ups and she said the Kessler line would probably match up against Fishers line because Kesslers line always takes the toughest assignment.

A lot of out of town analysts don't follow us very closely....

Ok, that is just downright funny!

Did I see the clip right? horny got a hatty tonight for the flightless birds? Miss that guy

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The real reason is the Ducks went back-to-back Saturday and Sunday including flying from Colorado to Washington then back across the country. The league did not want to punish the Ducks for making up a game that was out of their control.

And I get that, however- the Islanders also played a makeup game Sunday night (albeit at home)- and they will have completed TWO playoff games before Anaheim starts their first.

The league really helped the Ducks out big time......

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
So I'm listening to penalty box radio and they are interviewing the girl that covers the ducks for yahoo. They asked her about match ups and she said the Kessler line would probably match up against Fishers line because Kesslers line always takes the toughest assignment.

A lot of out of town analysts don't follow us very closely....

Jen Neale? Yeah, she's not that bright.

Btw, it's Kesler. ;)

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
And I get that, however- the Islanders also played a makeup game Sunday night (albeit at home)- and they will have completed TWO playoff games before Anaheim starts their first.

The league really helped the Ducks out big time......

They are playing their first tonight (Thursday), Anaheim's arena is not available tonight. That's why it got pushed back.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
They are playing their first tonight (Thursday), Anaheim's arena is not available tonight. That's why it got pushed back.

I know that- but if the Islanders can play TWO GAMES before the Ducks even start their first, then Anaheim sure as heck could have played on Wednesday....

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I know that- but if the Islanders can play TWO GAMES before the Ducks even start their first, then Anaheim sure as heck could have played on Wednesday....

Not a chance the league would have done that to a divisional winner. The flights from Colorado-Washington-Anaheim in 27ish hours with 2 games played in that time is worthy of a couple days extra rest. Remember, we get the time off too. I prefer starting Friday night since I'll be able to stay up and watch all of game 1.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Obviously having a competent performance Rinne is important but beyond the typical "our goalie needs to play well" statement what/who will be the linchpin for the Preds in this series?

For me, the Wilson/Fisher/Ardvark line has to step up and do some scoring. Can they? Idk but I hope so. Fisher and Wilson have both shown they can find another gear and make things happen in the playoffs and we'll need them and Ardvark to do just that.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I'm expecting 30 minutes a night out of the Weber-Josi pairing, and 20 minutes a night out of Ekholm and Ellis. I hope they go with Bitetto-Jackman on the third pair so Ekholm and Ellis can stay together.

And frankly, I think that's our lynchpin. If Weber and Josi can dominate the ice for half the game, and Ekholm and Ellis can elevate their game for the playoffs, I think the team has a good chance of shutting these guys down and advancing. Yes they have a good defense too, but they don't have any defenders on par with Nashville's top pair.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
You all realize the entire state of California (outside of Ducks fans), if not the entire NHL, are hoping you beat the Ducks, right? Your bandwagon is massive.

Go get 'em.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Senapreds!

You all realize the entire state of California (outside of Ducks fans), if not the entire NHL, are hoping you beat the Ducks, right? Your bandwagon is massive.

Go get 'em.

tumblr_n1fytnTKJy1s81ftuo5_250.gif

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Flip side of Salomaki-Gaustad-Bass as a 4th line is Nystrom-Sissons-Watson as the 5th in Practice.

A bunch of interchangeable parts.

Although Pk wise we have
Jarnkok-Forsberg
Fisher-Salomaki
and then all those 4th liners. I don't expect to see Bass because of this.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

Go get 'em.
I was living out there in 2011 when we played Anaheim and I was (of course) wearing my Preds stuff everywhere I went and it was common for people to stop me and say they were rooting for us to beat the Ducks. Some much more vulgar than others, which I found humorous. The Ducks don't exactly seem to be the most-liked team there. Lot of Kings and Sharks fans. Lots of disdain for the Ducks.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
There really is. While the Sharks and Kings players seem to really hate each other, the fans have a sort of respect for each other that neither one of has for the Ducks in any way, shape or form.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
There really is. While the Sharks and Kings players seem to really hate each other, the fans have a sort of respect for each other that neither one of has for the Ducks in any way, shape or form.

well, I am still traumatized by losing to you guys two straight years the last team we had a really good team... so Im hoping for better results this year but I Will Not Get My Hopes Up

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I was living out there in 2011 when we played Anaheim and I was (of course) wearing my Preds stuff everywhere I went and it was common for people to stop me and say they were rooting for us to beat the Ducks. Some much more vulgar than others, which I found humorous. The Ducks don't exactly seem to be the most-liked team there. Lot of Kings and Sharks fans. Lots of disdain for the Ducks.

They have respect for what the Ducks have accomplished since 2007 (winning the Cup, winning most of the division titles, always being a really tough opponent, etc.). What they don't have much respect for are Ducks fans, themselves. Kings and Ducks fans hate each other. I think that part of it is that the Ducks were the Mighty Ducks for 15 years and owned by Disney, so Kings fans looked down on them (calling them a "Mickey Mouse organization" and so on) and Ducks fans resented them for it, like your typical older/younger brother dynamic. Another part of it may be that, until only recently, both teams weren't very good at the same time, so there was a lot of alternating looking down on one another and chest beating. That's starting to change now (i.e. both teams are good and both fanbases have respect for the other team), but it's not easy to reverse the decades of bad blood that the fans built up towards each other.

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
After watching most of five different games the past two nights, I'm just hoping the Preds come out ready for playoff hockey. I see that ability to raise the intensity level in a lot of the players but there are a handful that I'm not certain about.

We know Anaheim is going to bring their playoff game, we can match them in skill but we need to match them in "want to" as well.

If the rest of the game ones around the league are an indication, tonight is going to be a lot of fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad