Post-Game Talk: WCQF - (WC1) Nashville Predators vs. (P1) Anaheim Ducks - Series Talk (Preds win 4-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Just can't stop thinking about playoffs, drop the puck already!!

Perry > Neal
Getzlaf > Johansen
Kesler > Fisher
Perron < Forsberg
Silfverberg = Smith
McGinn > Wilson
Rakell > Jarnkrok
Cogliano < Ribeiro
Pirri = Arvidsson
Thompson = Gaustad
Garbutt = Nystrom
Horcoff < Salomaki

Yeah, their depth on offense is crazy.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Just can't stop thinking about playoffs, drop the puck already!!

Perry > Neal
Getzlaf > Johansen
Kesler > Fisher
Perron < Forsberg
Silfverberg = Smith
McGinn > Wilson
Rakell > Jarnkrok
Cogliano < Ribeiro
Pirri = Arvidsson
Thompson = Gaustad
Garbutt = Nystrom
Horcoff < Salomaki

Yeah, their depth on offense is crazy.

And yet we scored 10 more than they did.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It is pretty simple really, if we play solid D ( this is what got us on our streak to begin with), get solid goal tending, stay out of the penalty box and put the puck in enough we win.

If we try and go out or are forced to score 4-5 a night to win, this is a short series.

I think the other big factor is going to be Joey, Neal, and Ribs. If they let the Ducks gets under their skin, this thing will be over quick because we will spend too much time on the PK. Adversely, if they get under Shea's skin, someone may day.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Bass + Salomaki would be a good combo. Wish we could get Sissons on there for the pivot though instead of Goose.

No doubt, but I like Goose's ability to block shots and face-offs he is just so damn slow, it makes him ineffective in the offensive forecheck.

He absolutely battles in the playoffs though

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm fine with Goose being in the lineup for the playoffs. He's straddling the line between grizzled veteran with a lot of experience and old, washed-up center in need of replacement but I'm willing to look at the former right now. I wouldn't hate Sissons being in either though.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Gaustad is terrible and should no longer be an option for any NHL team.

You're really handcuffing the roster in terms of line-matching with him out there consistently. Especially when you don't have last change. I know he's got the 'experience' card, but I have a bad feeling about it. Now if the rest of the team is subpar, then it's not really an issue. But in the post-season it's usually a tug of war match where the weakest links get taken advantage of.

Such a tease we have to wait until friday. Uhg.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Salomaki-Goose-Bass is a pretty good 4th line. Bass is certainly better than Nystrom and we need that kind of grit against the Ducks. Would I like to see Sissons in place of Gaustad? Yes, Goose is a great warrior and battles in the playoffs. He goes to the same category as Bass as far as grit goes. Salo, Fish, Jarny, Bass/Forsberg/Goose should be our PK forwards.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Sens fan here helping to keep the Senapred alliance alive. Preds in 3! (No, but I really do always root for your squad to win.)

Go Preds Go.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Sens fan here helping to keep the Senapred alliance alive. Preds in 3! (No, but I really do always root for your squad to win.)

Go Preds Go.
lol at the Legwand avatar.

BTW, about the series, apparently NHL Sirius Radio was talking about how silly it is that our series starts late on Friday and someone brought up a reason that I hate to admit might make sense. And that reason is such a large percentage of the Ducks fan base are Lakers fans and a lot of them will be watching Kobe's last game tonight. If that was a reason I don't like it, but in an annoying way it makes sense, and of course the NHL isn't going to want anything in the way of their product.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
lol at the Legwand avatar.

BTW, about the series, apparently NHL Sirius Radio was talking about how silly it is that our series starts late on Friday and someone brought up a reason that I hate to admit might make sense. And that reason is such a large percentage of the Ducks fan base are Lakers fans and a lot of them will be watching Kobe's last game tonight. If that was a reason I don't like it, but in an annoying way it makes sense, and of course the NHL isn't going to want anything in the way of their product.

The real reason is the Ducks went back-to-back Saturday and Sunday including flying from Colorado to Washington then back across the country. The league did not want to punish the Ducks for making up a game that was out of their control.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The real reason is the Ducks went back-to-back Saturday and Sunday including flying from Colorado to Washington then back across the country. The league did not want to punish the Ducks for making up a game that was out of their control.
I agree that's the main reason but I'm sure that didn't hurt either.

Greg4preds

Dec 10, 2014
So I'm listening to penalty box radio and they are interviewing the girl that covers the ducks for yahoo. They asked her about match ups and she said the Kessler line would probably match up against Fishers line because Kesslers line always takes the toughest assignment.

A lot of out of town analysts don't follow us very closely....

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
These were the lines during practice today btw

Perron - Getzlaf - Stewart
McGinn - Rakell - Perry
Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg
Garbutt - Thompson - Wagner
Ritchie - Horcoff - Santorelli

Fowler - Bieksa
Lindholm - Manson
Despres - Vatanen
Theodore - Holzer