Post-Game Talk: WCQF GM06 | Canucks defeat Predators | 1-0 (Suter) | SILOVS! SUTER! HEROES!

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Whatever happens next, i'm just kinda glad to be done with this defensive structure stalemate of a series. It's hard to imagine things aren't going to open up a ton against the Oilers. Which will be a different kind of stressful, but these grinding "nothing ventured, nothing gained" games with both teams just falling back to their structure and looking for mistakes that the other team wasn't making, was so nerve-wracking.

Don't love that this series clearly took a lot out of the players. Especially needing the extra game to close it out. It was a tight checking, hard battling, physically grinding, shot blocking, series. Whereas the Oilers just largely cruised through their series and have had extra time to rest and wait.

Don't love that they come out of this missing Demko, but the way Silovs has stepped up huge...assuages some of that in a big way.

There's a reason this team matched up so well against the Oilers in the regular season. Everything is new come playoff time, but i'm excited for it. I think they've got a real good chance. And the actual hockey should be a little bit less ugly to watch, compared to this defensive clinic of a series. There should be a lot more available for this team to counterattack and capitalize on.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
So this is absolutely house money.

Really great placement in the regular season, and a first round win. Pretty impressive considering this team doesn't have playoff experience (the bubble doesn't count, and the players have admitted that).

I think we always thought that we had the talent (Boeser, JTM, EP, Hughes, Demko) but Tocchet has shown that a good structure was what was needed to channel all that talent.

Before the season even Rutherford thought we were a bubble team, and I think that was a realistic assessment at the time. Even during the season they would sometimes regress, with some disastrous stretches of games when that happened. I don't anyone could have predicted that we would reach this level of success, you love to see it.

Anyways, just enjoying our win. We've done 1/1 times what Toronto has managed only 1/8 times.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Scouts us excellent players like Adam Gaudette, lets us know when commercials come on, now he's taking hits in the Coilers' trenches for all of us.

What a guy.

Man I love this poster :yo:
In retrospect, I probably should have said more insulting things so their mods would be angrier when we spank their silly 2 player team. O well, next time. Regardless:

Man I love this team :yo:

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Screenshot_20240503-222647.png

Myers with our playoff hearts in his hands 😆

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Nashville was a much tougher team than expected. Like a lot of people were saying. Feel like were lucky to get out of that one.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Bought game 1 tickets too. Now I see why some owners are ok with just making it in at these prices.

Reactions: Red

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad