Post-Game Talk: WCQF GM06 | Canucks defeat Predators | 1-0 (Suter) | SILOVS! SUTER! HEROES!

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I like our chances vs EDM, but don't even care if we lose. This PO was about getting experience, and NSH gave us that. Oilers *should* beat us, but it's all house money now.

And if they don't? Where does that team go from a 2nd round loss to the PDO kings? All the pressure is on the Oilers.

Thanks to the Preds for making this group earn it. Didn't play our best, but lessons were most definitely learned.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I like our chances vs EDM, but don't even care if we lose. This PO was about getting experience, and NSH gave us that. Oilers *should* beat us, but it's all house money now.

And if they don't? Where does that team go from a 2nd round loss to the PDO kings? All the pressure is on the Oilers.

Thanks to the Preds for making this group earn it. Didn't play our best, but lessons were most definitely learned.
I don't even think the Oilers are the favorites.

Reactions: Indiana

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Yeah, my expectation is Monday at 7pm.

Yeah the Leafs/Bruins winner is already scheduled for Monday, and that isn't even over yet. Unless for some random reason they push Canucks/Oilers as the only game on Tuesday.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
The reffing was objectively dog-shit this series, and favoured the Preds. Nashville played a dirtier, defense-focused game and spent a lot of time in their zone, with a couple of the earlier games completely tilted against them.

And yet, the powerplays this series were 22 to 13 in favour of the Preds. That is unmistakably biased, and it damages the NHL's brand imho.

In comparison, the EDM - LAK series (which saw the offensively gifted Oilers cave in the Kings) resulted in a much more logical 20 - 12 PP advantage to the Oilers.

The refs really do have it out for the Canucks, and it kind of sucks.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Silvos is the
giphy.gif

Kid with a shutout in an elimination game! To come in under the circumstances and play the way he did is ice cold. So happy for him and the team.
Jacky boy Burton :yo:

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
The reffing was objectively dog-shit this series, and favoured the Preds. Nashville played a dirtier, defense-focused game and spent a lot of time in their zone, with a couple of the earlier games completely tilted against them.

And yet, the powerplays this series were 22 to 13 in favour of the Preds. That is unmistakably biased, and it damages the NHL's brand imho.
If you think that's bad, wait until you see the gift PPs the Coilers are handed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad