Post-Game Talk: WCQF: Game 6 Whales @ Perds 5/3/24 6PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Now that the season is over if you’re content on not rebuilding please oh please spend our cap space on players that can help when our 1st line isn’t scoring. Stamkos reinhert heck even monahan. Sissons isn’t a 2nd line player. His 35 career best season is more fitted on the 3rd line. Don’t waste our cap being any of our ufas back

Y’all are on the upswing, way better team than I expected. 50/50 series till the end. I would have cheered for you guys if the Preds went thru against the Oilers instead. It’s weird not hating a team after just playing them in the playoffs. Likeable team and Josi is a stud. GGs
Vancouver didn’t play their best this series. Hopefully you all can next series

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
We were a team that had costly defensive gaffes all regular season and those carried through into the playoffs. We struggled against teams with big backends that could clog the house and that carried through. The fact we're able to focus on one or two plays per game that were the turning point rather than this 7th seed team licking our wounds from getting blown out of the arena repeatedly says a lot about the compete level from this underdog team.

Funny how the people who spend 82 regular season games actively cheering for the team to lose are the biggest complainers when the team doesn't make a miracle run. Some members of our fan base are as inconsistent as the Preds in the defensive zone.
Generously, there may be a couple of people on this board who actually "cheered for the team to lose". But the fact that it would have taken a "miracle run" to get anywhere in these playoffs is, well, kind of the point. We're at 5 straight seasons of coming in as significant underdogs or not making the playoffs at all. It is not unreasonable to question the direction of the team. Trotz has every opportunity to establish that direction this offseason. I and many others simply say that the status quo, or nibbling at the edges as they have often done, is not enough. You can condescend about that all you want.

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
A positive side these guys looked destroyed after the game . I have seen past pred teams get put out , and they looked like it was no big deal. These guys expected to win. After the pain , comes the anger. Nothing wrong with a little anger going to the gym in the offseason.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
After recovering from a gut punch. I have nodoubt Trotz is going to be very busy this off season. I expect multiple moves, maybe even NHL shocking .

We're shallow up front, especially when Novak isn't contributing. The team needs late last season thru injury levels of scoring from him and didn't get that. We lack size with skill on the back end. Those are hard to find which is why guys like Zadorov were sought after so early this season. Schenn needs to be the 6/7 ... Lauzon on the 3rd pair ... someone with size

I wished Parsnip was able to play more than one game. He fits your bill.

You might want to take that up with the HC.

Pärssinen needs to remember to use his strength on every shift at the NHL level. Too many times he has the option to play the body to free the puck but eases up and becomes ineffective.

Generously, there may be a couple of people on this board who actually "cheered for the team to lose". But the fact that it would have taken a "miracle run" to get anywhere in these playoffs is, well, kind of the point. We're at 5 straight seasons of coming in as significant underdogs or not making the playoffs at all. It is not unreasonable to question the direction of the team. Trotz has every opportunity to establish that direction this offseason. I and many others simply say that the status quo, or nibbling at the edges as they have often done, is not enough. You can condescend about that all you want.

In reality there are at least 8-10 that were total tank advocates which is sizable considering the number of regular posters here.

Year one of the Trotz reconfigure with a coaching and system change that took the team months to adjust to. It was ALWAYS at best a bubble team this season that needed multiple players to step up then got about half of them to do so. It remained defensively porous with one of its worst GA and PK% seasons in its 25 year history. It reached the upper end of that bubble and exceeded most expectations ... but that just led to intellectual inconsistencies here and a continual moving of goalposts. If you find factual statements condescending ... that says a lot about you.

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
It would be crazy if we could sign Sam Rhinehardt . Is Sam a true center? There is no way anytime soon we find a young a number one center , with our current draft rankings.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
We're shallow up front, especially when Novak isn't contributing. The team needs late last season thru injury levels of scoring from him and didn't get that. We lack size with skill on the back end. Those are hard to find which is why guys like Zadorov were sought after so early this season. Schenn needs to be the 6/7 ... Lauzon on the 3rd pair ... someone with size

Pärssinen needs to remember to use his strength on every shift at the NHL level. Too many times he has the option to play the body to free the puck but eases up and becomes ineffective.

In reality there are at least 8-10 that were total tank advocates which is sizable considering the number of regular posters here.

Year one of the Trotz reconfigure with a coaching and system change that took the team months to adjust to. It was ALWAYS at best a bubble team this season that needed multiple players to step up then got about half of them to do so. It remained defensively porous with one of its worst GA and PK% seasons in its 25 year history. It reached the upper end of that bubble and exceeded most expectations ... but that just led to intellectual inconsistencies here and a continual moving of goalposts. If you find factual statements condescending ... that says a lot about you.
I simply have not seen this. I think we may have different definitions of "tanking". There are many on this board who have called an aging roster capable of reaching the middle of the NHL standings (while about half a dozen teams are actively not trying to win) not a great situation. I haven't seen a ton of people calling for a full teardown.

I agree that the team overachieved against expectations this year and have given credit to Brunette etc. I simply don't think that relying on one of the oldest rosters in the NHL to build on that the next few years is a realistic plan.

What's condescending is refusing to address what people are actually saying and exaggerating people's positions, something you do constantly.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Barry Trotz and Andrew Brunette have been at the helm for 1 season. You can’t lump the last 5 years on the new regime, you can only blame them for this season. If you think this team under Trotz and Brunette are anything like the teams before them, well I have no idea what to tell you.

Trotz said it was going to take about 3 years to rebuild this roster. Year 1 of that was a great move in the right direction.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Barry Trotz and Andrew Brunette have been at the helm for 1 season. You can’t lump the last 5 years on the new regime, you can only blame them for this season. If you think this team under Trotz and Brunette are anything like the teams before them, well I have no idea what to tell you.

Trotz said it was going to take about 3 years to rebuild this roster. Year 1 of that was a great move in the right direction.
Yes, hence "Trotz has every opportunity to establish that direction". People are still going to express their opinions on the state of the roster.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Maybe its too soon, but its in my head so I’m putting it out there.

Hey hey! We are back baby! Classic Trotz run team - first round bounce!

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023

I'am just glad Trotz is not a cult leader because that is the only mistake in life I haven't made.

Reactions: JR303

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Why are they hyping up Pettersson in postgame, who had almost nothing to do with their goal? He appears to be about Jarnkrok's equal in postseason.
Same reason they kept gushing about Novak's contributions.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
The better team won the series. The Preds had their opportunities but failed to capitalize on them. And then when they had one game essentially won, they could not put it away.

I have more faith in this HC and GM than the previous admin to make this team stronger going forward. Also, in getting help for the first line as I'm not expecting them to carry as huge a load next season. Or perhaps, to even be able to.

Looking forward to see what changes we have in store for this summer and next season.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
I simply have not seen this. I think we may have different definitions of "tanking". There are many on this board who have called an aging roster capable of reaching the middle of the NHL standings (while about half a dozen teams are actively not trying to win) not a great situation. I haven't seen a ton of people calling for a full teardown.

I agree that the team overachieved against expectations this year and have given credit to Brunette etc. I simply don't think that relying on one of the oldest rosters in the NHL to build on that the next few years is a realistic plan.

What's condescending is refusing to address what people are actually saying and exaggerating people's positions, something you do constantly.
I address what people put in their posts based on their actual words. There is no need to exaggerate what people say when they are absurd enough. Do you have a logical retort or more fallacies?

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
I address what people put in their posts based on their actual words. There is no need to exaggerate what people say when they are absurd enough. Do you have a logical retort or more fallacies?
Substance free post calling others absurd and fallacious, the 101st special

• Haha
Reactions: hido and bdub24

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
You have the best fans in the league, and really gave our fans some heart attacks. Your system is stifling as hell, and the balls from your guys in blocking shots was unlike anything I've ever seen before.

I would have 100% jumped on your bandwagon if you beat the Nucks. Wish you guys nothing but the best. Sucks we couldn't have traded you guys at least one win in Nashville; your fans deserve it.

Look forward to the future meetings between our teams.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Substance free post calling others absurd and fallacious, the 101st special
Another ad hominem from you which is expected. I'll refuse to lower myself to attacking the person and instead counter the content you've provided.

When posters here spend the vast majority of the season calling for a tank, arguing against every roster decision even when they put the team in contention, only to whine when the team doesn't advance as an underdog is intellectually devoid and absurd content.

When posters here rant we should waive Gurianov in the days / weeks prior to the TDL which ran counter to a full century of NHL history of waiting to the last moment to get an asset back, even if it is an AHL level asset to balance out where he was destined, is absurd in context.

Your post quoted here depends on lying about my posting history to make a false assertion.

The only thing you didn't disappoint on is your dependence on a fallacy in your retort. Be better.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Glad we get one more post game thread that devolves into who has the more fallacious argument to finish off the season. Really didn’t expect Gurianov to come back up but here we are.

• Haha
Reactions: bdub24

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Jesus Christ I hate the "oh your team(that we just elininated) is great.. blah.. blah... blah."

Save it, FFS.

I skipped games 5 and 6 and just now checked the box score. Glad I missed it. I was legit unhealthily angry after game 4, I would have probably stroked out if I had watched these last two.

Thoroughly frustrating.

Can't score a single goal, at home, against a 3rd string goalie.

I meant it when I said I really enjoyed the season because of the unexpected success, but holy shit does the way we lost this series sucks massive ass.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
At the end of the day I wasn't far off.

We needed Novak to step up and score in this series and he didn't. Saros got better as the series went on but he wasn't any better than the other teams 3rd string goalie. He was ok, but he didn't steal anything. Sadly the 3rd and 4th lines didn't contribute much either outside of Zucker.

The PP was awful and like in years past I don't feel like our coaching staff did anything to try and adjust what they were doing. Vancouver was solid on the PK, but I feel like we made it easy on them.

We essentially got turned into a one line team and if they couldn't score we were screwed.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Another ad hominem from you which is expected. I'll refuse to lower myself to attacking the person and instead counter the content you've provided.

When posters here spend the vast majority of the season calling for a tank, arguing against every roster decision even when they put the team in contention, only to whine when the team doesn't advance as an underdog is intellectually devoid and absurd content.

When posters here rant we should waive Gurianov in the days / weeks prior to the TDL which ran counter to a full century of NHL history of waiting to the last moment to get an asset back, even if it is an AHL level asset to balance out where he was destined, is absurd in context.

Your post quoted here depends on lying about my posting history to make a false assertion.

The only thing you didn't disappoint on is your dependence on a fallacy in your retort. Be better.
You have yet to address any point I've made about roster construction other than hand waving about meritocracy, so you get what you give. But here's another chance.

This is the 5th oldest team in the NHL and is by your own admission a large underdog. Yet when I point this out as an issue while acknowledging that they overachieved and Trotz has every opportunity to correct it, you type screeds about my unrealistic expectations and shout about youth not EARNING spots. Fair enough, except you give zero solutions of how to address being the 5th oldest roster in the NHL and nowhere close to Cup contention.

Pointing out simple facts and then distorting peoples' positions is not interesting discussion. We can all track 10 game splits and ups and downs of players' seasons. Where do you actually want this team to go? Is having an aging roster and grabbing a low seed in the playoffs with a 1st round exit a good spot to be in? You are awfully light on answers and awfully quick to try to stifle this discussion. Where should the team go? Take a position instead of snarking. We all know we have no control. We're just trying to have a discussion about something we're interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad