GDT: Around The League: 2024 Playoffs Edition Round 2- “Oh, You Didn’t Know? You’re Ass Better Call SOMEBODY!!!!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Yeh local media’s infatuation with Ceci was annoying. I didn’t mind the miss on Tanev though cause I knew there was no way the Flames would trade him here. What was more annoying to me is that local media didn’t consider anyone available to be an upgrade on Ceci. Like Ceci f***in sucks, it’s not that hard to find someone better/more reliable/more impactful. Ceci is the lowest f***in bar to clear.
IIRC, the Flames had no issue trading him here, they just didn’t want to take Ceci’s salary back. Which is such an easy fix, unload him to a team like Chicago for a pick.Colorado dumped Johansen’s 8mill contract on Philly to acquire Walker. It’s not only an easy bar, it was such an easy fix to just give him to another team.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
After seeing Talbot's pads being held down against Anaheim was still deemed a good goal, nothing ever surprises me with the league's so called 'video review.' The sad thing is, the fanbase that gets f***ed over by the goal call would be called 'whiners' but this shit is just a league wide problem that will NEVER be fixed. The league deserves to get ripped apart for this crap. It's just an utter disgrace to the integrity of the game.
As fans we're being taunted. During the whole travesty of the call and he goal called off the bet adds are rotating on the rink boards. Mocking any alleged integrity of the game. After the sham goal called off the broadcast actually has the gall to remind our viewers to get your bets on and what the currents odd are.

The NHL deserves to lose all its fans and nothing less. WE need a non compromised league, Or else all bets are off. pun..

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Was a weird view on the AV's bench. Camera zero's in on Mackinnon on the Colorado bench and he already looks defeated. as if he knows the sham and that legitimately the AV's had already lost the game. Just struck me as odd. Soon as I saw the look on the bench and Mackinnon specifically I thought he's already mentally checked out. Not sure what was up with that.

Anyway justice ultimately served. Dallas had to win in OT twice, f*** you NHL.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Well, I'll watch it, if that helps :sarcasm:
Dallas are relatively enjoyable to watch. Don't have any particular dislike of the club. Hope they play the Rangers though. Would be a more interesting matchup of contrasting styles.

In anycase should we lose to Van glad Dallas advanced. I could see the AV's continuing to play with little heart and actually losing to the Nucks. Something really off with that club since their cup win. With Dallas pretty sure they take care of business.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Yeah well, according to Jason Gregor, Tanev wasn't considered as an upgrade over Ceci. Lmfao.
That’s just sour grapes. Edwards refused to trade with Edmonton as Tanev would help Edmonton have a better chance at a cup.

But the Oilers could have had Lidstrom, Pronger, Niedermayer, Orr, Robinson and Chara as their 6 D-men and they’d still lose the series because of Skinner. Tanev would have been nice but he ain’t helping Skinflap.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
At this rate, the cup will be handed out Canada Day or pretty damn close to it. That’s too late to be watching hockey.

The NHL should start camps in early September, with game 1 of the season scheduled October 1st and game 7 of the cup final scheduled no later than May 31st every year. If they have to cut 5 games off the schedule because of the large number of teams to squeeze it in, so be it.

That gives the cup finalists and champs at minimum 3 months off when a cup final goes 7 games, everyone else a bit longer depending if you were a playoff team or not.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
At this rate, the cup will be handed out Canada Day or pretty damn close to it. That’s too late to be watching hockey.

The NHL should start camps in early September, with game 1 of the season scheduled October 1st and game 7 of the cup final scheduled no later than May 31st every year. If they have to cut 5 games off the schedule because of the large number of teams to squeeze it in, so be it.

That gives the cup finalists and champs at minimum 3 months off when a cup final goes 7 games, everyone else a bit longer depending if you were a playoff team or not.
Of course that will never happen, if anything I expect them to go to an 84 game schedule at some point. Too much money in it for both sides to decrease the number of games. And the league is in fear of the NFL, and football down south in general, so will continue to start as late as possible. Wish it was different, but nothing us minions up north can do about it.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad