GDT: WCQF Game 6 | Anaheim @ Detroit | 8:00 PM EST | FSD / CNBC / TSN2 / KDOC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
While quincey DID get tripped, its no excuse for smith not being hard enough on the man in front.

Filppula just stop...you suck and just ruined the season.

Hey Kenny, Smith needs to go, Quincey needs to go, Kindl can leave too, Cleary can leave, Filppula can leave.

We have the worst 3/4 and 5/6 in the league for defense

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Wow, watching that play again, how do you not call a trip on Perry. What a joke. Its not even an accidental trip, he purposely turns his blade and trips him

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Your statement implies their antics just started this series or something... it's been going on all year. They've been together anytime they were healthy and it's been a disaster the entire season.

Yes, but it wasn't Babcock's job to trade for better D-men before the deadline. Every D-man combo you throw out there will have significant disadvantages simply because *every* D-man we have has significant disadvantages. We don't have a single *very good* D-man i.e. a strong guy who doesn't also have multiple drawbacks.

Let's not kid ourselves here. The Wings got 3 home games out of this series, mission accomplished for management. Made the playoffs, cashed in on the max. home games..that's literally the most you could hope for with the roster they put out.

Geki

Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
You want to blame someone, blame management. They knew we had this mud puddle depth d back in September and did nothing all year to address it.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Babcock didn't call a timeout after the 2nd goal.

Your clairvoyance told you that a timeout would have prevented Filppula from being a bad hockeyplayer, huh? Tell you what, stop talking like you know what would have happened. No such thing as alternate history. All of it is pure, baseless speculation.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
They are 7th seed because of garbage defense and horrible coaching.

Did Mike Babcock acquire this defense? That's funny because I thought roster composition was on the GM. This defense cannot handle a forecheck. When Mike Babcock had a talented roster we'd eat a forecheck alive.

Keep posting brah, the truth is out there. :laugh:

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Both of my German shepherds left the room after they tied it. I was screaming waaay too loudly at those boneheads.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
Look on the bright side, we get a good draft pick in a deep draft class if we lose. If we win, we can eliminate Anaheim, their annoying fans and send Corey "Cheap Shot" Perry and Teemu "Whiner" Selanne to the golf course.

It's win-win IMO. I hope they win but the compensation for losing isn't terrible.

Aug 6, 2012
Looked like Q flopped to me. He just got tapped on the top of the foot. He should be able to skate easily through that.

Need to see another replay.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
While quincey DID get tripped, its no excuse for smith not being hard enough on the man in front.

Filppula just stop...you suck and just ruined the season.

Hey Kenny, Smith needs to go, Quincey needs to go, Kindl can leave too, Cleary can leave, Filppula can leave.

We have the worst 3/4 and 5/6 in the league for defense

Which man was Smith soft on? The guy that scored or the other guy? There were TWO GUYS IN THE CREASE. You're going to blame a defenseman, ANY defenseman, for not stopping a goal when he has TWO opponents in his crease?

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
Your clairvoyance told you that a timeout would have prevented Filppula from being a bad hockeyplayer, huh? Tell you what, stop talking like you know what would have happened. No such thing as alternate history. All of it is pure, baseless speculation.

And you, just stop talking. ;)

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
KFQ falls down all the time, so it would be hard to know for the refs. That being said it looked like Perry looked at the ref right after like he did something wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad