GDT: WCQF | G4 | “Village To Burn” | Oilers @ Kings | 4.28.24 | 8:30PM | Crypto.com | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Well the math says something is OFF, so maybe its the weather then. The chances of a Canadian team not winning for 30 years straight, all things being equal (if they are), is approximately 0.1%. And getting lower every year. (Actually lower than that even, as that is based on 32 teams).
:| ?

Reactions: GhostfaceWu

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Well the math says something is OFF, so maybe its the weather then. The chances of a Canadian team not winning for 30 years straight, all things being equal (if they are), is approximately 0.1%. And getting lower every year. (Actually lower than that even, as that is based on 32 teams).
Taxes play a part, and most importantly, you don't blame Bettman with some hidden agenda. You blame the players themselves. The biggest and most detrimental thing to the Canadian market is losing superstars cuz the refuse to play here. I guarantee that's what's skewed the stats. It's also hilarious that "fans" blame Bettman, yet it's the Canadian "fans" who are doing the most damage forcing players away

I'm a Flyers fan also. Want to know how many times their fans have call league bias against them? I like to goto other teams boards during big games. Ask a California or Florida fan if they think Bettman is instructing refs to win them games? They say the opposite. I've seen many Floridians accuse the league over the years during some of their collapses over the years. Hell, just last year Bos fans were saying the same thing.
This is not a novel concept.

Players, fans, weather and lack of sports teams hurt the Canadian market. Not Bettman and some hidden agenda

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
f***ing Nucks. They barely escaped and took a commanding lead.

Henrique Iglesias will score sooner than Brown!
Enrique Iglesias Probably scores more than all of this board.

This is pretty false. The Habs went deep a few years ago.
McDavid winning a cup is good for the NHL. It's ludacris ppl think there's some hidden agenda. Just nonsense
You really don’t count that appearance do you?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I would argue that the league's best player is more marketable and profitable with a cup.
Probably not in the USA or in European markets.

The Oilers really want to test the hockey gods...First that country midget and now Campbell back ughh.
I’m assuming you are referencing the anthem singer. The guys bleeds Canada and Oilers.

Pathetic.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Started drinking way to early. Cant slow down now or it will be bedtime for this guy. Thankfully no work tomorrow but cant see myself remembering all of the game haha.

Please drop the puck

Heard we have to wait until the end of the Rangers game, even if it goes 3 OTs

/s

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
The best bet would be to ask Corey Perry after his stint in Edmonton, if he notices any difference in officiating, reviews etc.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
The Oil will probably take the Kings best punch in the first 10 mins tonight. Withstand that not down 2 or 3 and I like their chances tonight. Time to break their will and take a commanding lead

Last edited:
Reactions: nabob

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Sweet. Only another 10 hours until the game starts. Yes I’m exaggerating but seriously, these start times are ridiculous. Lol

The hell for? Pikard is more than capable. That’s some bs right there. I don’t want campbell anywhere near this team.
Of course you bring up your #3 goalie to the taxi squad, would be asinine not to. Canucks are down to their third stringer, who won for them today. You keep him sharp by practicing with the other black aces, so that if they need him as a backup at some point he hasn’t been sitting on his couch for a month.

Shibumi

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
Ridiculous start time for a Sunday night.

Oilers should be fine tonight.

Anyone know who looks after the sports book?

They still haven't reconciled the bets from the last Oiler game. Can't say that is shocking as I am still waiting for my Super Bowl bet to be paid out. Campbell must be looking after them. :banghead:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I'm sure it would send waves through Germany if Drasaitl did a victory tour there
It wouldn’t be huge, given the stature of football/soccer, tennis etc in a Germany, but to think that CmD would be bigger in those markets is totally false.

That’s as much on the NHL and marketing companies as anything. But European players will still get the majority of likes in those markets.

My point is that an NHL player is not a world wide marketing opportunity. Ergo, Connor is getting the NA marketing opportunities that are available to a 4th or 5th tier major league sport in this NA market.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

I'd be so scared right now if this was against the Canucks or Vegas. Currently I do not fear LA has the hockey gods on their side. Can change in a hurry of course :)

Hope the boys watched this a couple times before the game:

The Big Sieve's career was lost in the woods for years after that lame display.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
All this talk about how horrible Riittich is going to backfire on us, just watch.
Definitely seems like bad mojo

Besides, whether we win or not depends on how good our team is. Picking Riddich is smart because it might make our team overconfident

Reactions: nabob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad