GDT: WCQF | G4 | “Village To Burn” | Oilers @ Kings | 4.28.24 | 8:30PM | Crypto.com | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Sweet. Only another 10 hours until the game starts. Yes I’m exaggerating but seriously, these start times are ridiculous. Lol

The Oilers really want to test the hockey gods...First that country midget and now Campbell back ughh.
The hell for? Pikard is more than capable. That’s some bs right there. I don’t want campbell anywhere near this team.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Sweet. Only another 10 hours until the game starts. Yes I’m exaggerating but seriously, these start times are ridiculous. Lol
Oil better win or there'll be a lot of grouchy people going to work tomorrow. JUst looking at your boss with get on your nerves. lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oil better win or there'll be a lot of grouchy people going to work tomorrow. JUst looking at your boss with get on your nerves. lol
This is my thought regarding Nashville fans after their collapse. They should just call off work on Monday in Nashville. That drive or walk to work would be dangerous.

Exaggerating but hooboy. Wouldn't want to be in that drive home after the game.

ps how is this different than other mondays?

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I hate to say it, but it's kind of the only way a Canadian team can get far. Extreme luck. You'll never get non biased officiating. Or any other intangibles.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
This is pretty false. The Habs went deep a few years ago.
McDavid winning a cup is good for the NHL. It's ludacris ppl think there's some hidden agenda. Just nonsense

To play Devil's Advocate, would the Habs have gone as deep if they weren't playing Canadian teams on the way to the finals?

It was the first finals appearance by a Canadian team in 10 years or something, no?

Reactions: brentashton

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
giphy.gif

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
This is pretty false. The Habs went deep a few years ago.
McDavid winning a cup is good for the NHL. It's ludacris ppl think there's some hidden agenda. Just nonsense
Well the math says something is OFF, so maybe its the weather then. The chances of a Canadian team not winning for 30 years straight, all things being equal (if they are), is approximately 0.1%. And getting lower every year. (Actually lower than that even, as that is based on 32 teams).

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Well the math says something is OFF, so maybe its the weather then. The chances of a Canadian team not winning for 30 years straight, all things being equal (if they are), is approximately 0.1%. And getting lower every year. (Actually lower than that even, as that is based on 32 teams).
Canadian teams have made the finals a bunch of times though

I'd even say the pre cap years shouldn't really count because of the currency and spending discrepancy

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013

That might hold some weight if every Canadian team weren't poorly managed in some way.

Reactions: BlackDogg

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey

I really don't think its some grand conspiracy. Look at how most Canadian teams have been run over those years, defintly not some of the best managed teams.

Reactions: bobbythebrain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad