GDT: WCQ Game #2 | Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim Ducks | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D / NBCSN / TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Alright boys, I think this "majority" talk has run its course. Let it go. Let's get back to playoff hockey.

Because it's the Cup!

RedWingsNow*

So any actual counter point to provide, possibly a retort with reasoning? Or just continue to make snide comments after proof was provided?

My god.

You make **** up. You assign conflicting opinions to a broad swath of people.

People point out you're full of it. And you keep arguing.

And now you're arguing that because one or maybe two people said the Wings would be a lottery team -- that it justifies your "The problem with people on this board is that they lack 'critical thinking'" post.

Absurd.

You're deadnuts wrong. Give it up. Don't admit you're wrong if you want...just stop arguing about it.:laugh:

RedWingsNow*

Alright boys, I think this "majority" talk has run its course. Let it go. Let's get back to playoff hockey.

Because it's the Cup!

Oh great.:) Just when I thought I couldn't respect Bench any less, he goes and gets modified.:)

Is there a rule that says all mods must be from the homer camp?:laugh:

Best of luck, Benchy.

RedWingsNow*

Samuelsson will be in, don't worry. Cleary, Samuelsson and Bertuzzi will surely put the Red Wings over the top! All this time we forgot about how the veteran presence is what really matters. Forget the fact that Bertuzzi hasn't played in a game for months and is walking with a cane.

Feel bad for Tootoo, seems like the guy genuinely loves being on the team but constantly gets **** on by Babcock

Agreed.
Wings should trade him in the offseason

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012

Because it's the Cup!

I think that a... wait for it... majority can agree with that. :naughty:

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
We need this W. If we get back to playing playoff hockey like we did the last 4 games of the reg. season we should make it very difficult for almost any team.

RedWingsNow*

Considering Tootoo has made literally zero impact I don't see the problem. Tootoo needs to hit and hit hard, he isn't doing that.

What? Dude. Wake up.

Tootoo had 5 hits in 6 Minutes

Abdelkader had 6 in 16 Minutes

I only remember one really big hit...but big hits require the right dump in and opportunity. If you look too much, you;ll get burned.

Why isn't Abdelkader killing penalties anymore?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
What? Dude. Wake up.

Tootoo had 5 hits in 6 Minutes

Abdelkader had 6 in 16 Minutes

I only remember one really big hit...but big hits require the right dump in and opportunity. If you look too much, you;ll get burned.

Why isn't Abdelkader killing penalties anymore?

He needs to make more of an impact to stay in the lineup or he's of no use. Tootoo doesn't kill penalties, doesn't play the PP, what does he do well? Have a right handed shot? I'd much rather have Bertuzzi in, even a rusty Bertuzzi.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
My streak of not calling scores and winning ended. Plus berts in this means babs will probably sit Brunner.

Last edited:

RedWingsNow*

He needs to make more of an impact to stay in the lineup or he's of no use. Tootoo doesn't kill penalties, doesn't play the PP, what does he do well? Have a right handed shot? I'd much rather have Bertuzzi in, even a rusty Bertuzzi.

So let's sit Abdelkader.
Doesn't play the PP. Doesn't play the PK.
What does he do well?

I think if a guy like Bert comes in, you sit Andersson or Emmerton.

Put Bert in Abdelkader's place, dump Abs to center 3 or 4.

In a series when they're banging our defense, we need to tilt the ice. One option is to bang their defense

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
So let's sit Abdelkader.
What does he do well?

In a series when they're banging our defense, we need to tilt the ice. One option is to bang their defense

Why? Abdelkader is a terrible center. And Andersson/Emmerton are too important to the PK. Babcock doesn't trust Tootoo, so I'd rather see a guy who he can trust get in there.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
So let's sit Abdelkader.
What does he do well?

I like Tootoo a lot and was calling for him to get more ice-time all season but he wasn't very effective in game 1.

I actually thought the game was void of any physical play from either team until Tootoo took a run at someone and rattled the boards. From that point on it was as if Anaheim woke up and started hitting everyone they could.

I hope if Bert is effective that ultimately it results in him taking Abdelkaders spot and dropping him to his proper 4th line duties, but I don't think Tootoo is going to be the answer in this series.

benusmc

Feb 11, 2008
My god.

You make **** up. You assign conflicting opinions to a broad swath of people.

People point out you're full of it. And you keep arguing.

And now you're arguing that because one or maybe two people said the Wings would be a lottery team -- that it justifies your "The problem with people on this board is that they lack 'critical thinking'" post.

Absurd.

You're deadnuts wrong. Give it up. Don't admit you're wrong if you want...just stop arguing about it.:laugh:

More proof, once again just clicked a random page.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1328239

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1336001 - Oh look! Interesting in this thread you talk about people talking about Seth Jones. post #9, Who is half this board we are talking about? I want proof.

Should I keep going? I really find the entire argument stupid, but you claimed people didn't act like that, yet proof is provided. Then when it is of course it is just thrown a side.

Edit: Maybe I could go through gameday threads next.
edit: What is highlighted seems pretty hypocritical: making things up, and then having the proof? Did I make the proof up?

Last edited:

RedWingsNow*

Why? Abdelkader is a terrible center. And Andersson/Emmerton are too important to the PK. Babcock doesn't trust Tootoo, so I'd rather see a guy who he can trust get in there.

Abdelkader is a better 4th line center than #1 winger.

Or do you disagree with that too?

What do you care who Babcock trusts. Babcock trusts Abdelkader on line 1. That doesn't mean it's something I want to see.

benusmc

Feb 11, 2008
I like Tootoo a lot and was calling for him to get more ice-time all season but he wasn't very effective in game 1.

I actually thought the game was void of any physical play from either team until Tootoo took a run at someone and rattled the boards. From that point on it was as if Anaheim woke up and started hitting everyone they could.

I hope if Bert is effective that ultimately it results in him taking Abdelkaders spot and dropping him to his proper 4th line duties, but I don't think Tootoo is going to be the answer in this series.

He was pretty bad in game 1, but it seems a bit quick to break up lines after a game they came very close to winning. Though I'm probably more upset as a fan from an entertainment stand point, while Babs is looking at it purely for the win.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Abdelkader isn't sitting. He should be in the AHL, but apparently like Jonathan Toews, he possesses a lot of intangible's that don't show up on the stat sheet.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Abdelkader is a better 4th line center than #1 winger.

Or do you disagree with that too?

I don't like Abdelkader on the team, period. But he's a better winger than center. So...

What do you care who Babcock trusts. Babcock trusts Abdelkader on line 1. That doesn't mean it's something I want to see.

I care because I like having conversations about what actually could happen.

benusmc

Feb 11, 2008
Abdelkader isn't sitting. He should be in the AHL, but apparently like Jonathan Toews, he possesses a lot of intangible's that don't show up on the stat sheet.

LOL. I felt the same way until about 2 weeks ago. But if Dan Cleary is still playing you damn well know Abby has a lifetime spot secured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium