GDT: WCF | II | "They Have Faults, Ref" | Oilers @ Stars | 5.25.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Dallas are a bunch of no-name NPC's. They don't even have feelings. They're just happy to be here, having fun and getting a bit of excercise.

McDavid is obviously the main protagonist in this story. So we should win this as to complete the hero's journey.

LFG!!

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Draisaitl missing practices again is a bit concerning. I wonder how much his back is bothering him and now there's the finger. Worried about his effectiveness moving forward. We'll need the first line to go supernova and the depth to chip in.

My opinion of Leon is that he will play every shift of every playoff game until the literal 'cup or bust' and it's over. He may spend the summer in a cast or two, a wheelchair, and neck brace, but he'll sacrifice. Sports are littered with athletes such as him, but only sparingly. They are anomalies and are praised rightfully so.

Leon is a fcuking warrior.

Quit complaining about my complaining. I’ll file a complaint!

Just say that the Oilers filed a complaint against the green men douches in Van for a sign in game one about Kane. Is this old news or just out now?

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Lmao!!!

I showed my wife…. She didn’t comment. Lol!

I’ll be watching the game at the Canadian brewhouse tonight, so won’t be super active. Going with a Stars fan. Probably the only one in Canada
Have fun at the brewhouse tonite!!
Represent the Oil:

IMG_4974.gif

I can confirm another ‘Stars’ fan from spruce grove. He’s actually a big Flambés fan but purchased a Modano jersey to wear around YEG during the playoff battles of the late 90’s early 2000’s.
I’m sure he still wears it and it probably stinks like shit cause he likely never got it dry cleaned.

Anyways enjoy the game fellas!
Hope the Oilers are killers tonite.

Game day tune:

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
I don't see what everyone else seemingly sees with this guy. He's slow, doesn't contribute offensively, and the team has been winning with him out. So why tinker with shit thinking you're smarter (speaking to coaching staff decisions here)? If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The one guy I see them taking out is Brown but honestly, he's been fine. 4th line has had some good moments, generating a good low cycle in the O zone in multiple games now. Just don't understand why the need to get this guy back into the lineup.

Anyways, hope they're up to the task tonight and take another one. I didn't really feel the same threat level of comeback like I saw with Vancouver, honestly. The Oilers were pretty firmly in control throughout the first game. Keep a tight lid on the defensive end of things, don't get caught puck watching and neglecting your coverage, and keep generating shots with traffic in front. Get it done tonight again.
Brown - 7GP 0 points
Carrick - 6GP 0 points
Perry - 10GP 0 points
McLeod - 13GP 0 points

Ryan - 10GP 1 point
Foegele - 13 GP 2 points

Tons of players absolutely failing us and we're still winning games. I'd sit McLeod. Every playoffs he is a non-factor liability out there and it's time to take him out. Put Henrique there and look to call someone up from the farm who will battle if we have an injury. McLeod has been given enough rope to show he is never going to help you win games in the playoffs, so what's he doing here?

Reactions: Kerberos

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
You might as well join the select few on here who file complaints against anyone who doesn’t toe the line of those who wish you to drink the Kool Aid
Mind you
That would make you a sniveler too

Do people seriously do that? Our own posters?

I like conversing while not always agreeing with others. I especially like Drivesaitl because he gives his opinion and sticks to it and will explain why. But... I was actually surprised he called out 2 or 3 posters last series and seemed upset that they had predicted Van winning series. Each to their own I figure. You can still be a fan if you don't realistically think your team is going to win.

But filing complaints? Wow.

Reactions: Faelko

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Brown - 7GP 0 points
Carrick - 6GP 0 points
Perry - 10GP 0 points
McLeod - 13GP 0 points

Ryan - 10GP 1 point
Foegele - 13 GP 2 points

Tons of players absolutely failing us and we're still winning games. I'd sit McLeod. Every playoffs he is a non-factor liability out there and it's time to take him out. Put Henrique there and look to call someone up from the farm who will battle if we have an injury. McLeod has been given enough rope to show he is never going to help you win games in the playoffs, so what's he doing here?
McLeod is a huge reason the pk is where they are. I’ll sacrifice his offence and few mistakes here and there he’s had. He’s been huge for the team in that aspect. Eventually you hope the bottom 6 has to get going a little.

My opinion of Leon is that he will play every shift of every playoff game until the literal 'cup or bust' and it's over. He may spend the summer in a cast or two, a wheelchair, and neck brace, but he'll sacrifice. Sports are littered with athletes such as him, but only sparingly. They are anomalies and are praised rightfully so.

Leon is a fcuking warrior.

Just say that the Oilers filed a complaint against the green men douches in Van for a sign in game one about Kane. Is this old news or just out now?

I think most of the practices have been optional. Mcdavid said so but he’s one of the few who said he likes to do it for his legs.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Have fun at the brewhouse tonite!!
Represent the Oil:

View attachment 875671

I can confirm another ‘Stars’ fan from spruce grove. He’s actually a big Flambés fan but purchased a Modano jersey to wear around YEG during the playoff battles of the late 90’s early 2000’s.
I’m sure he still wears it and it probably stinks like shit cause he likely never got it dry cleaned.

Anyways enjoy the game fellas!
Hope the Oilers are killers tonite.

Game day tune:

I'm on an acreage 10mins from Spruce
I'll go get him... and straighten him out

Reasonable Oil Fan

Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
Do people seriously do that? Our own posters?

I like conversing while not always agreeing with others. I especially like Drivesaitl because he gives his opinion and sticks to it and will explain why. But... I was actually surprised he called out 2 or 3 posters last series and seemed upset that they had predicted Van winning series. Each to their own I figure. You can still be a fan if you don't realistically think your team is going to win.

But filing complaints? Wow.
Yep
I’ve not only been reported for not completely agreeing, but one been warned when I came to the defence of another poster who was getting roasted for their opinion

But
I digress
Should be a great game tonight

Reactions: RegDunlop

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Yep
I’ve not only been reported for not completely agreeing, but one been warned when I came to the defence of another poster who was getting roasted for their opinion

But
I digress
Should be a great game tonight

Wow.
Yeah well save that topic for another day. Just a bit surprised.

Game 1 really ramped up the interest and anticipation for this game. Let's Go!!!

Reactions: Reasonable Oil Fan

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Never heard about that. What did those twits write?

Edit - found it. Idiots who embody the Vancouver mentality.

IMG_4677.jpeg

“Reports also indicate that the Green Men were not allowed to return to Rogers Arena for the remainder of the series.

This is not the first time a complaint has been filed against the Green Men. In 2011, a complaint was filed for their acts during the Canucks playoff run in that season.”

Last edited:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Oilers need to be not be content with one win in Dallas. Be aggressive, play to win don't play not to lose, play with desperation even though they're up in the series and plant seeds of doubt in their minds.

I'm probably going to miss the 1st but I'll be here for the 2nd at the latest so....let's go Oilers. f*** them up, no mercy etc.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton

Isn't that something?
Like.... I'm old school and older like you and some of our jokes and ribbing are definitely not PC. Knowing I'll never change, nor do I want to, I've learned that whats funny to me can indeed be offensive to others. Realuzing that i try to only express those unethical and potential offensive comments to others likeminded or who banter back. And they are NEVER intended as a slight or knock on anyone.

Honestly... of course EK is fair ground for shots and that's a good and funny sign (to me). But if you're that foolish to think that that would be ok to display in public today, I don't even know what to say. I make jokes about Rick Tocchet and his gambling allegations. It's me. But not in public. And I know this forum is public and Tocchet jokes have been plentiful, but in context, they are not malicious and I consider this board kind of, I don't know, our own, not really public. Prob wrongful thinking but whatever.

Anyway long story short -
Whatever side of is the action / sign / word offensive or not I don't care.
What gets me is any idiot defending these actions / words /signs when they know they are going to cause controversy.

Holy shit. Pretty long-winded today. Sorry all!!!

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023

View attachment 875691

“Reports also indicate that the Green Men were not allowed to return to Rogers Arena for the remainder of the series.

This is not the first time a complaint has been filed against the Green Men. In 2011, a complaint was filed for their acts during the Canucks playoff run in that season.”
A really shameful thing to mock someone who had addiction issues.

I'd be saying the same if it Darren McCarthy on the flames and if oiler fans did it. Gambling addictions are addictions like alcohol, drugs and all others.

This isn't a "chirp" and is along the lines of outright calling a player a racial /sexuality slur as far as I'm concerned.

If you've noticed all the gambling ads we've been bombarded with this year are now around "safety issues to protect you from gambling too much". Yeah self aware I guess.

Teams that let in fans that hold these types of signs need to be fined.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Draisaitl missing practices again is a bit concerning. I wonder how much his back is bothering him and now there's the finger. Worried about his effectiveness moving forward. We'll need the first line to go supernova and the depth to chip in.
I’d be less worried about Drai….played on one leg last season and didn’t give an inch. You’d need the jaws of life to pry him off the ice.

cantthinkofone

Mar 10, 2017
I think people have been talking about it.

IMO no one will ever convince me otherwise that that call was made at the next whistle specifically because of the no call on McD against Hughes. When they huddled, I'm sure that after whatever linseman said they saw it, the thought process had to be 'well we have to call this or be seen as favoriting (new word) Conner McDavid.

It's like the old adage of having to cover up a lie with another one. If you were honest in the first place, you wouldn't be in that situation.

If I may ask - how much are the tickets to watch parties?

Also... good on you for sharing!
They are only $5 but it is sold out so I thought someone might want to it.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Looking forward to the Canadian national broadcast to actively root against the last Canadian team that is full of Canadian players. I also can't wait to hear how awesome and deep Dallas is and how they also went down 1-0 in the last two rounds about two dozen times. Obviously just joking and don't really care but its just weird to me listening to the games. I don't want blatant homerism but geeze it wouldn't kill the home countries broadcast actually throw us a bone once in a while.

They are going to be in tough tonight. Honestly they got a split already so anything above that is an unexpected treat tonight in my eyes. Going to enjoy the lower stress of it all, have some drinks, and hopefully see a good game.

Vikingstad

**** the King
May 1, 2011
Vancouver
Did you watch game one ?
Yes, and I understand that theres going to be missed calls. It's going to happen on both sides but neither side can use it as an excuse. If the stars get screwed by the refs one game are you gonna be just as upset?

Nobody is going to be happy about officiating let's be honest, it's human nature. My biggest gripe about it is the inconsistency from game to game. Some games one thing is a penalty and the other day it's not. It's very frustrating to watch

What I'm not going to do is sit and whine about it every game because sadly that's not gonna change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad