GDT: WCF | I | "The Fault In their Stars" | Oilers @ Stars | 5.23.24 | 6:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
I’m looking forward to green shirt lady behind the bench
100X better than the Green men. f*** those nobodies.

Thought it was funny that after one game they weren't allowed anywhere near the penalty box. Wonder if any complaints. I thought it was ridiculous myself.

Oh well, we won't have to see Green men in the playoffs for another dozen years. They'll have walking sticks and senior sass by then.

you forgot "favortism from the refs"
I like that you used the Canucks spelling to mock them. Attention to detail. ;)

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

Zubov2156

May 22, 2024
We have an interesting bunch here. When we are winning it's plan the parade, but if we start losing it is fire sale the team. Don't take it personally - we are a passionate bunch.

That being said most posters here are pretty reasonable and friendly. We know the Stars are a juggernaut, but we also know our team gets dumpstered on a lot too at any chance.

Here's hoping for an entertaining series - and an Oilers win. :)
Satire - thanks for reaching out. I think that type of fan base is common in every sport. I love the passion ! Life is full of challenges and disappointments...Life is too short to be so serious!
Thanks for the compliments towards the Stars. They seem to have the right mix working for them right now. Other than the fact we are in the WCF, I'm most excited about the young talent on the team and in the farm system.
The Oilers have truly transformed their roster from a 1 line team to a deep and effective 2-3 line team. Bouche-bomb has got an incredible shot and has a high ceiling IMO. Its nice to see him and Miro on my team get some love. I'm so tired of "All Hail Cale" Fox and Hughes getting their tires pumped to no end.
Good luck to the Oiler. Gonna be a blast if the Stars win!:cool:

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
If the Oilers have the will I have no doubt they'll win tonight and win the series.
This series probably goes 7 games. The Oilers need Iglesias back in the lineup, and some contribution from the likes of Foegele, McLeod, and the 4th line.

We made Silovs look better than he was. Had we not taken periods (and game 5 off) his numbers wouldn't have been so good.
Thought the worst game was game 3. They were always behind and the whole thing felt futile. Game 5 they should have won. And game 1 was just criminal squandering of the 4:1 lead, albeit after Draisaitl's injury.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Enough of this Stars loving BS, finally I don’t have to hear Mikey Anderson or Petey but here comes this Stars BS before the series even starts. WTF.

Reactions: PULSATING

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Holy hell now that's a meal! That'll be $37.50 please, drive thru!
Yup pretty much!

I forgot the whistle dog is back. I will get that. Combo is 12 bucks and the wraps are 7. I think will come to 19

Still pricy as hell, but I do it for the oilers…..

Not because I’m fat or anything

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Uggggh just get a split somehow.

And am I the only one who doesn’t like watching Dallas home games. The TV camera is stupid low, people will just start randomly standing blocking the view, and that horn is an ugly ugly sound. Maybe it’s just PTDS from years past.

Reactions: Messrules11

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Just win. Take advantage of no Hintz, beat em big, and play them harder if they rush him back game 2.

Also, secretly hoping Skinner and Igor Shesterkin did an S-name soul and luck swap. Would make sense with that Laf goal last night

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Yes I agree with this. This team lets any amount of success go to their heads.

Also - hammer Tanev. All their d have played a ton of minutes. Need Kane to get out there and put him through the end boards a couple of times.

Ya with their defense playing extra minutes, we need Kane/Holloway/Hyman/Carrick/etc to throw a hit every single time the puck gets dumped in. Of the remaining teams, the 4 dmen with the most minutes played are all on Dallas. We need to capitalize on that

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
When they spanked the Oilers 5-0, goaltending was the difference.
Yup pretty much!

I forgot the whistle dog is back. I will get that. Combo is 12 bucks and the wraps are 7. I think will come to 19

Ahahahaha love what you will do for the team!

• Love
Reactions: tardigrade81

Zubov2156

May 22, 2024
We just finished a series against the Canucks. We're not used to any fan that can just be straight up and fair. Its been awhile. lol We're the team with the garbage D, garbage goalie, most unlikable team on Earth, buncha nobodies, PP merchants, Cyrsaitl, McCrybaby, one man team all that... guess who said that? lol
Hey Driversaitl - IMO straight up is the only way to be...Cuts out all the BS!
I can understand that . I'm from Texas and I commonly get... I don't know hockey, we buy our championships, bunch of old farts, foot in the crease/goal didn't count '99, playing style is boring...blah blah ...noise is all it is! Nucks fans are oblivious and obnoxious.
Oilers are great team and I love Draisaitl and Mcdavid ( I have both of their rookie cards in my collection). The Oilers PP is the best I have seen in the league in at least 4yrs. Avs had a ridiculous PP unit in 2020/21. Screw the Avs:)
Is it game time yet...Im exhausted Lol.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
Nah, Ginger understands the unwritten rules of conduct on these boards.

I'd expect a swift kick in the ass if I was posting "Go Oilers!" or "I predict the Oilers win the series 4-2" on their boards no matter how polite I am.
Yes I know that, just haven’t noticed him around here of late.

Reactions: brentashton

Zubov2156

May 22, 2024
Ahh, he seams okay. Any one is welcome if they want to have a discussion about the series even with some friendly banter. On a related not anyone seen @gingerpapa lately?
Honestly, I appreciate the acceptance from all of you ladies and gents! We can all unite in the fact that most of us strongly dislike the Nucks and the Flames. I have PTSD from when the Stars were in the pacific div.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
We're the underdogs in a play-off series against the Dallas Stars.

If this doesn't make me feel like a kid again, I don't know what would.

Eat shit Dallas, get f***ed Belfour and let's win us some games Oilers.
You forgot go f*** yourself Hatcher 😉

Reactions: PBandJ

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Yup pretty much!

It don’t matter if you’re fat if you can do that crazy splits thing you show of.

A&W away my friend.

• Haha
Reactions: tardigrade81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad