GDT: WCF | I | "The Fault In their Stars" | Oilers @ Stars | 5.23.24 | 6:30PM | SN/CBC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don’t think too many people think this will easier than Van lol
There’s a reason every betting site has the Stars as the favorite
Just read this thread regarding the defensive difficulty of both teams.
Dallas should be no problem at all...lol

Seriously though Dallas should be the favorite and I want the entire hockey world to continue pounding that drum. Hopefully Dallas gets consumed with that mantra.

Meanwhile this team shows that its more than just McDavid and Draisaitl and steals the series before Dallas has a chance to know what happened.
Then the narrative that this team is nothing more than 2 superstars can finally be put away.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I’m still in the Edmonton area. Walking my dog today I came across this house near my daughter’s place. If the owner of that place is on this site, well done. Impressive look.

I loved the Kings Crown and sword and the orca swinging from the end of ropes. I hope when I come back next month I see a Star and a Panther or Ranger up there as well.

View attachment 874830
heh, the noticing the building standards part of me is with horror noticing the scant separation between two vinyl clad homes, the runoff between leading to the back deck where a hot tub is situated with the impromptu concrete crumbling and the balcony supported by two pillars. Not built to last this stuff.

Weird too that the back door to the house is same elevation as that concrete slab that must get flooded every spring. looks like fun. heh Rip that vinyl cladding off in a few years and rot will be well established. Seems like the basement pour elevation is ground level. omg. Even if it isn't the back door being at ground elevation in what is a sunken part of the lot, how is that even code. lol

Last edited:

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Here we go, everyone can hate the Stars and Benn
View attachment 874803
if you forgot this
TBH, I view Benn the same way I view Doughty. While there is a lot to dislike about the way they play against another team, they're just great players who have a big personality and love the game. I appreciate guys like that, just not when they play the Oilers. Hate is too strong of a word for them.

Reactions: Porkleaker

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Haven't read through the thread so is Henrique back?
They'll need him in this series to counter the Dallas depth, the 3rd line (assuming that McLeod and Foegele flank him) will look a lot better with him at center and McLeod on wing.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Hello Oilers nation! Dallas fan here born and raised in Dallas TX since 1974. I come in peace!

Hopefully the Stars get out to a better start in this series. They need too! Super excited about this series. It's nice to rekindle the flame from our heated 90's series (sorry for the rival reference...F-the calgary flames). If I had to choose a Canadian team to root for it would be the Oilers. Just not while my Stars are in it!
Good luck to the Oilers team and nation! I'm glad that there are no glaring differences between our line-ups.. meaning both teams are relatively healthy and at their best. I hope that its a great series. I want my team to be able to beat the opponent at their best!
O_T_T_E_R_S B_E_T_T_E_R ! (that's all the trash talk I got!) hahaha:cool:

Any how...My prediction for the series is 4-2 Stars win and we will face the FLA Panthers in the SCF.
Games on! (in 7hrs 7:30PM CST)
Any how......why don't you f*** off back to your own board!!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
maybe you should switch up your allegiances before they drop the puck
Don't think its in doubt, thanks. I just appreciate good teams. Conversely I trash the hell out of opponents like Vancouver, Calgary. Have a harder time to do that with Dallas, its a well run org and good drafting and not a badly put together roster. A fault though is they haven't found that elite forward to add in like Vegas did.

Reactions: Satire

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

No Henrique tonight. Glad we're keeping the D the same and McDrai seperate. Hopefully the third line can bring something.

It'll be interesting to watch Dallas' 'swarm-like' defense go up against the talents of Connor and Leon
Shame about Henrique...hopefully he is good to go soon.

I like the lineup though and like you I especially like the D pairings and also McDavid and Draisaitl on seperate lines.

Reactions: Oilgasms

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Depth Depth Depth blah blah blah blah .

Depth is a great advantage when the top 2 lines are similar, HOWEVER, our top two lines are vastly superior to theirs. 3 of their top 6 are 33/34 yrs old and Pavelski is 39 ffs. We should take Mcdrai off and insert Perry and Henrique......we could all relive 2010 again.

There is not one player that scares me on the Stars, not one. All this "holier than thou" Stars team is getting old quick.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
His shot being off last half series.

Like seriously you're gonna throw shade on my view of Drai now? The whole board is laughing.

Yeah, it seems I probably get that Drai is a great player. I could've even said that a few times...

yup he wasnt really 1 timing it last game, kept double clutching. And his faceoff numbers were way down. Hopefully its not too bad

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
TBH, I view Benn the same way I view Doughty. While there is a lot to dislike about the way they play against another team, they're just great players who have a big personality and love the game. I appreciate guys like that, just not when they play the Oilers. Hate is too strong of a word for them.
Someone with a big personality doesn't do shit like this. This isn't part of the game..it's part of who this person is.

Hate isn't strong enough a word for trashy players like him

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Haven't read through the thread so is Henrique back?
They'll need him in this series to counter the Dallas depth, the 3rd line (assuming that McLeod and Foegele flank him) will look a lot better with him at center and McLeod on wing.
Coach said "early in the series".

Reactions: CupofOil

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
agree with you but LA and Van prided themselves on clogging the neutral zone and the oilers made that look easy. Knob understands the adjustments to make but more importantly the players have the skill to execute.
For sure. I feel like those both played a fairly passive system though. Vancouver seemed happy to slow guys down in the neutral zone and then keep them to the outside with a really passive in-zone D.

Dallas likes to play aggressive and, IMO, they have the best transition defender in the league in Heiskanen. Should be fun to watch.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Just dont paint us all with that brush please.
Yep. Reality is everybody on this board (almost) was cheering for Dallas to take out the despised Avalanche and despised Knights.

There wasn't a person on this board that didn't think the NHL jobbed Dallas in game 6 OT somehow requiring them to win the OT twice or 3-1 as some here joked.

I have to switch the gear myself. I have a harder time disliking Dallas. Must, somehow, feel. the. hate. ;)

I think I need some game action to gear up. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad