WCF | GM5 | Edmonton Oilers at Dallas Stars | 7:30PM CT | TNT

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

pFQ2Kmz.png

wj2rMrk.png

lYQ10Ag.png

Series tied 2-2

HXUatsC.png

LbdTe4b.png

Eny23Nh.png

4gcMV1H.png

ctH5Ev1.png

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

uXi1lgX.png

h9J4X5t.png

Nugent-Hopkins - McDavid - Hyman
Holloway - Draisaitl - Kane
Foegele - Henrique - Brown
Janmark - Carrick - Ryan

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Desharnais
Kulak - Ceci

Skinner

O9f9cga.png

AI jam of the GDT:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
If Oilers make finals, McDavid will play anywhere between 22 to 26 playoff games total.

Even at 22 games - he is currently on pace to beat peak Gretzky's all-time record for most assists in a single playoff run (he's on pace for 33, record is 31)

If he played 26 games - he's on pace for 46 points. Gretzky's record is 47, so certainly within striking distance.

Draisaitl isn't far behind, and Bouchard might set a record of his own for most points by defenseman.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
What a whacky series. Momentum has meant nothing during games and between them.

I keep waiting for the Dallas who played Colorado to show up. They are either exhausted or can't handle Oilers speed. Very underwhelmed with their level of play.
Oil fan.. I wouldn't say I'm underwhelmed with them but I did expect it to be 3-1 by now and for the divide between us to be more noticeable. Like you said, even the games shit dramatically. Twice we had exceptional first periods where Dallas looked like they couldn't do a thing. Next period comes and now my Oil are the SJ Sharks.

Been fun but not at all how I thought it might look. I'm obviously thrilled it's tied 2-2.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
If Oilers make finals, McDavid will play anywhere between 22 to 26 playoff games total.

Even at 22 games - he is currently on pace to beat peak Gretzky's all-time record for most assists in a single playoff run (he's on pace for 33, record is 31)

If he played 26 games - he's on pace for 46 points. Gretzky's record is 47, so certainly within striking distance.

Draisaitl isn't far behind, and Bouchard might set a record of his own for most points by defenseman.
Yes but this is HF so let me remind you.

1. McD sucks and a selfish player and the reason the Oil haven't won the cup - he will ask for a trade soon.
2. Despite McD not being good, he's carrying Drai.
3. Despied McD not being good, he's carrying Bouch
4. Despite McD not being good, he's carrying Hyman
5. Despited McD not being good, he's carrying RNH
6. Despite McD not being good, he's carrying Kane

Not my narrative but that is how it works. Somehow every guy above absolutely sucks and is being carried. And Powerplay merchants, don't forget PP merchants.lol

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
Oil fan.. I wouldn't say I'm underwhelmed with them but I did expect it to be 3-1 by now and for the divide between us to be more noticeable. Like you said, even the games shit dramatically. Twice we had exceptional first periods where Dallas looked like they couldn't do a thing. Next period comes and now my Oil are the SJ Sharks.

Been fun but not at all how I thought it might look. I'm obviously thrilled it's tied 2-2.
giphy (44).gif

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Yes but this is HF so let me remind you.

1. McD sucks and a selfish player and the reason the Oil haven't won the cup - he will ask for a trade soon.
2. Despite McD not being good, he's carrying Drai.
3. Despied McD not being good, he's carrying Bouch
4. Despite McD not being good, he's carrying Hyman
5. Despited McD not being good, he's carrying RNH
6. Despite McD not being good, he's carrying Kane

Not my narrative but that is how it works. Somehow every guy above absolutely sucks and is being carried. And Powerplay merchants, don't forget PP merchants.lol
McDavid is absolutely carrying Hyman though.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
What a whacky series. Momentum has meant nothing during games and between them.

I keep waiting for the Dallas who played Colorado to show up. They are either exhausted or can't handle Oilers speed. Very underwhelmed with their level of play.
Maybe the Oilers are just a good team and posing a different type of challenge to the Stars.

No, that couldn't be it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah those 13 goals this post season was all McDavid nothing to do with the 50 plus he scored during the season at all :shakehead

I mean he did assist on most of those goals too.......it's not really a stretch to say McDavid's the straw the stirs the drink. :laugh:

But hey, full credit to Hyman for whacking in as many rebounds as he can, he's been one of Edmonton's most effective forwards in this series as a result.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
I mean he did assist on most of those goals too.......it's not really a stretch to say McDavid's the straw the stirs the drink. :laugh:

But hey, full credit to Hyman for whacking in as many rebounds as he can, he's been one of Edmonton's most effective forwards in this series as a result.

He has finished better than anyone not named Draisatl while playing on Connors wing. You can't take away how smart and tenacious of a player he is. He is the perfect winger for Connor.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
He has finished better than anyone not named Draisatl while playing on Connors wing. You can't take away how smart and tenacious of a player he is. He is the perfect winger for Connor.
You can be smart, tenacious and still be carried by the best player in the league. It's not even a dig at Hyman, he's playing great.

Reactions: Macheteops and zar

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Biggest game of the year for these teams, not sure either one can afford to go down 3-2, though DAL has shown the ability to win 2 in a row this series.

EDM came back from 3-2 last series but repeatedly putting your head on the block is not a good strategy, unless youre the 2013 Kings...Need to steal one on the road here.

If Tanev is out it's as must win as it gets. Can't have the disaster from last year reoccur, where Vegas won with Pietro out.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Carry would imply Hyman is useless without McDavid which would be incorrect.

We can all agree if you change the word carried to assisted!

McDavid assisted Hyman in getting ~65 goals this season
Carried him in this sense means he wouldn't sniff 50 goals without the best player in the world feeding him pucks. The guy played with good players in Toronto and had trouble getting 20 sometimes. He may be a late bloomer but he isn't doubling his production because of it.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Edmonton can kill a lot of pent up drama with a big win tonight. I think they win 5-3 and McDavid crosses the 30 point mark for the second time in the past three postseasons.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Stars need to get a win at home and keep Dallas going as the Mavericks are now in the finals; make it happen Stars!

Heiskanen with GW goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad