GDT: WCF | GM1 | Edmonton Oilers at Dallas Stars | 7:30PM CT | TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
Knoblauch's strategy of "just play all of our top players for 30 minutes a game" somehow continues to pay off.

Bouchard has been their best player.
And yet the minutes were spread much more evenly for Oilers defence than Dallas and top forwards on both teams played similar minutes.

Maybe it's time for Vancouver fans to realize that it's okay to admit that the Oilers are a pretty decent team. ;)

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Just wanted to check back in with you, are you still on our bandwagon for this series? or is it proving difficult for you :sarcasm:
Would love to have you on!
On the bandwagon for this series but surely I'll be cheering for the East next series lol.

Reactions: Mez

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
I was told that the Oilers were a bad team and not capable of competing with Dallas. Looked pretty good to me tonight even with a 1-5 PP disadvantage.

Dallas gifted a goal thanks to Kulak and a lucky bounce. Skinner needs to keep up this level of play. Shame McDavid is injured but at least he redeemed himself after the 1st OT whiff.

Knoblauch's strategy of "just play all of our top players for 30 minutes a game" somehow continues to pay off.

It was a double OT game. McDavid played like 4 mins in the first period and is clearly injured.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Honestly I feel like that was a very even game. Could have gone either way, and I don't think either team played their best games tonight.

I was more so concerned on Oettinger but I'm thinking Edmonton can solve him this series fortunately.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Refs all took note from that series. That's why Oilers only got 1 PP tonight. Refs are onto their tactics. McDavid was in total disbelief he was actually getting a high sticking call.
Lol. You must still be in a state of shock from when Foegele dropped Zadorov with that career ending cross check. :laugh:

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Impressive road win by Oilers, and their goalie played well. McDavid fought through some tough moments, that could've made things go south, but then he came through. Fighting through "It" are qualities that can help any player/team win "Cup". Now Stars have most of pressure in game 2, we'll see how they handle that.
They handle pressure fine. Do they have anything left in the tank though?

• Haha
Reactions: Sniper99

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

McDavid played 30 seconds more than the the Stars leading forward in TOI. It was a double OT game lol. Vancouver fans have had this desperate hope that McDavid and Draisaitl are just gas at some point as if they haven't been playing 20+ minutes a night for their entire careers.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
A fluke performance by Skinner, the goal posts saved him about 25 times tonight. And the Oilers PK has been very lucky, it’s not sustainable.
Canada is primarily against them
I try to avoid this place during the playoffs because its mostly trolling and flaming but its posts like these that keep me coming back. Will always put a smile on my face that the oilers can ruin a rival fan's night. Hope you lads enjoyed the game tonight.
Divers don't get the benefit of the doubt.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Stuuuuuuuuuuuu

What a f***in game by him tonight. Time to get behind this stud and support him oil country.

Put your ego aside. No one actually cares if you are right or wrong about a guy. This is our Cup chance, and Stu deserves the entire support of Oil Country if you want to see it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad