GDT: WCF | GM1 | Edmonton Oilers at Dallas Stars | 7:30PM CT | TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
So far I like the Oilers chances... All this talk about 4 lines deep, amazing offence, amazing defence

Yeah... Of course I know you can... What's your point? Anything in my history that you want to share that goes against me saying "I want to see fair reffing"
Its literally a one goal game omg

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
While true, at the end of the day when they were a billion dollars over the cap they were a tough out.

They lacked the chemistry from the season prior likely due to the amount of new bodies acquired.
Vegas churns their rosters every year they get rid of players ( and coaches) so easily. It was bound to catch up with them. Still too much respect for the 23-24 Knights, they were not the same team as the cup winning team.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
Vegas gets downplayed but they were one of the best Western teams going into the playoffs, most people know they were not going to be an easy out
Exactly. In round 1 everybody was touring Dallas as having the hardest playoff gauntlet in the cap era.

I mean come on... Vegas, Colorado, Oilers and then the best of the east? Ridiculous if they win the cup. All teams are contenders.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
He’s not “bad”, he’s just has a terrible contract and utilization
he could make half what he makes and still be considered lazy and coasting.
What happened to the physical game he once showed he might have .......signed the contract and out it in cruise control since.
When's the last time he threw a good hit

Last edited:

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Dallas was down 0-2 vs Vegas and lost game 1 vs Colorado. It's a series for a reason.
It's insane to read anything from a game 1 victory or loss. Teams are still feeling each other out and playing lacklustre no intensity hockey. It's going to heat up and the team that wins needs to win 4 games, any 4 will do.

Reactions: Elysian

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
It's insane to read anything from a game 1 victory or loss. Teams are still feeling each other out and playing lacklustre no intensity hockey. It's going to heat up and the team that wins needs to win 4 games, any 4 will do.
Exactly. Teams are gonna lose games in the playoffs. Literally based my prediction on Dallas losing game 1, everyone should have.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
McD with a muffin shot, 6% shooting percentage in ploffs.
I am very curios what cases him to struggle so hard in scoring, its been 8 months now...

whats even more weird is last year he wins the rocket scores 60+ goals and then this year he stops scoring like WTF its like he has only one mode he can activate at one time. Either score goals or pass and get assists :laugh:

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I don't think winning or losing game 1 is going to break either of these teams. It's a race to 4. Sure it's nice to get the 1st one, but both these teams have lost a game 1 and won a series.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
My stance has always been that he could be a Top 4 guy on a cup team. But the other 3 have to be better than him or very similar. Ek, Bouch....
I think he’s more suited for a bottom pairing physical guy, don’t try to score goals, just stay back and punish people

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I don't think winning or losing game 1 is going to break either of these teams. It's a race to 4. Sure it's nice to get the 1st one, but both these teams have lost a game 1 and won a series.
Winning game 1 is definitely more crucial for Dallas, imo.

You're right though, long ways to go to 4 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad