GDT: WCF | GM1 | Edmonton Oilers at Dallas Stars | 7:30PM CT | TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
People in Edmonton are sweating bullets after Hrudey commented on the local radio station that fans should be prepared to see Pickard more than once this series...
That's not surprising. Personally, he should be the goalie for this entire series.

Edmonton was able to limit Vancouver's high danger chances in games 6-7. That's not going to happen against Dallas. The Stars will likely control most of the play.

Meaning....

1. Edmonton will need lots of PP's
2. Edmonton can't have guys like Nurse/Ceci handing gifts to Dallas
3. Goalie will need to have the series of a lifetime
4. 3rd and 4th lines need to contribute
5. They must capitalize on good scoring chances they do get

Skinner got lit up by Vancouver. A team that doesn't play a attack first style. Just imagine what Dallas will do to him.

Edmonton is handing this series to Dallas by starting Skinner.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
People in Edmonton are sweating bullets after Hrudey commented on the local radio station that fans should be prepared to see Pickard more than once this series...
HFOil was rioting when Knob went back to Stu for Game 6 lol... did you watch game 5? Would have been about 7-2 Canucks if Pickard wasn't playing.

Pickard was also in net when we beat the Stars for the only time this season, in their own building.

• Haha
Reactions: PromisedLand

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Game 1 is always interesting. It usually favours the team with the shorter layoff - so Edmonton in this case. I think this is likely the closest game of the series (barring injury) and Dallas wins. Edmonton has to play much better than they did in their first 2 rounds to win this series unless Oettinger shits the bed like he was doing at the start of the Dallas - Vegas series.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
This series is going to be nice Dallas posters getting drowned out by people not even involved in the series.

OT - It was always going to come down to whether we get 16 game win streak skinner of playoff 5kinner. I'm more curious to see what happens in games 3 and 4. DAL smoke Colorado and Vegas in their own buildings so far these playoffs, interested to see if that trend continues.

Reactions: Anemia

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Oh no, what could possibly be worse than bringing in a goalie that played two great games in the second round and beat the Stars during the regular season?

And HRUDEY said it!? Good lord. Heat is definitely up here for sure on that basis alone.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
This series is going to be nice Dallas posters getting drowned out by people not even involved in the series.

OT - It was always going to come down to whether we get 16 game win streak skinner of playoff 5kinner. I'm more curious to see what happens in games 3 and 4. DAL smoke Colorado and Vegas in their own buildings so far these playoffs, interested to see if that trend continues.

Strongest road team in the league all season, and it looks to have continued through the playoffs so far. Edmonton's barn presents another very loud challenge, so hopefully Dallas can avoid dropping the first two before they get there.

If they can split or - and I'm not expecting this - win the first two in Dallas, I'll feel a lot better about those road games.

Reactions: North Cole
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad