Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I'm biased but that's how I saw last night too- everyone cries about "game management" and "make up calls"- yet when the calls tip to one team's favour then the refs are playing favorites....? Funny how it works.

Complaining about reffing in playoffs is some lowest common denominator type shit anyway- in a deep playoff run, you're gonna see it all. The best team plays through it.
As an Oilers fan I don’t think the officiating was terrible last night everything that was called was technically a penalty but if the Bouchard slash and the Holloway hold are the standard the officials are setting for the game then I find it extremely unlikely that Dallas didn’t commit a single infraction in 80 minutes of play. The one blatant example off the top of my head is the Harley slash on the Holloway breakaway, it was a weak swat but it was a slash on the puck carrier on a breakaway, if those earlier penalties are calls there’s no reason that shouldn’t of been called on a clear cut scoring chance and there’s no reason the ref would miss seeing that, he just didn’t call it.

That said I think the perfect PK including a double minor in ot is a huge boost the Oilers fed off and will give them a boost moving forward. I also expect the penalty discrepancy gap will narrow over the next two games and the Oilers will get their chances regardless of how disciplined Dallas tries to play.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I can see why Oilers fans are so fired up in these threads.

All these other unrelated fanbases coming in to trash/target your team has gotta be annoying. They're just jealous in the end
Your best course of action is to ignore both sides of it, both fan bases are struggling to move on and regardless of what happened it would be the same no matter who won that series. As the mod said earlier, both sides have been baiting the conversation when it’s not relevant anymore

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Bouchard makes an amazing pass by the end boards. No live game footage of the play exists cause Stars fans won’t sit down and relax.

Yeh the cam angle and crowd standing sucks.
I've had Stars season tickets forever and MT seat choice have always been based on minimizing fans standing up in front of me - first row of upper deck for many years. I moved to the lower level, but my seats are in the first row above the ship railing, putting the fans in front of me down at least 5 feet. It helps, believe me

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Well why the f*** don’t they get a damn goalie?
No kidding.
Seems there is either a shortage of top #1 goalies ....or a shortage of teams who can tighten up defensively.
Some teams that don't have a bona fide #1.
Oilers
Canes
Aves
Leafs
Pens
Flames
Sens
Wings
Flyers
and some of the tankers

So where have they all gone ?

They're the western conference Flyers. The team that perpetually has goalie issues
Exactly

Reactions: BB79

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Dissapointed in the Stars game last night. They didn't look anywhere close to being good. You get a 4 minute pp in overtime and blow it, that is just unacceptable. They need to play their game and stop being so absorbed with stopping Macdavid, this took them completely out of their game.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I'm biased but that's how I saw last night too- everyone cries about "game management" and "make up calls"- yet when the calls tip to one team's favour then the refs are playing favorites....? Funny how it works.

Complaining about reffing in playoffs is some lowest common denominator type shit anyway- in a deep playoff run, you're gonna see it all. The best team plays through it.
Yeah I guess if your team is heads and tails above every other team in the NHL than things like bad calls, injuries, bad bounces don't even matter.

Usually there are a handful of really good teams and luck can be what separates them.

Vegas last year was +28 in PP opportunities through the playoffs for instance. 1-2 extra PPs every game is a pretty sizable advantage when two teams are evenly matched.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Sure , blaming reffing for maybe "lowest common denominator"
But complaining when we see it? Perfectly normal reaction.
However, last night's was fine.
A great game start to finish.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
What impressed me most of all about game 1 is both teams played very well and the Oilers still managed to come out on top. I didn't think they could play games that fast paced and gritty. I do fully expect the Stars to respond in game 2 however. They'll be really fired up and hungry to tie the series. Hintz coming back will be a boost.
I can see why Oilers fans are so fired up in these threads.

All these other unrelated fanbases coming in to trash/target your team has gotta be annoying. They're just jealous in the end
Yeah it's so pathetic. Lots of it is sheer jealousy though. Thankfully, the ignore button exists.

Talonted

Dec 9, 2010
Telling the Oilers “you just wait till Hintz is back!!1” when the Oilers beat the Canucks worse with Boeser IN the lineup lol

• Love
Reactions: Elysian

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Why was Tanev and Lindell out there against McDavid when he scored?! Were was Heiskanen?! Isn't he supposed to be out there against Mcdavid?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad