WC QROUND: May 10 GDT - Canada vs.Ukraine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
417 TO MTL said:
Team Canada fans are hilarious...were not fielding our best team, not even close to our best team, yet fans are hanging on to this as if it were a matter of life and death...It's like if Canada dosen't win 8-0...everyone is disapointed and there's a problem with Canadian hockey :shakehead

Fact is, if there wre NHL playoffs right now, nobody would care as much, it would be a bonus if the Canadian team won, but it wouldn't be as much of a huge deal if they didin't...

Yes you are. I can tell by reading your comments. :sarcasm:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Riddarn said:
Finns and Swedes have been saying the Ukrainians play ugly, dirty hockey since the first games of this tournament. And the refs allow it :shakehead

I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to play against them....... :madfire:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
wilka91 said:
Yes you are. I can tell by reading your comments. :sarcasm:

If Canada dosen't win by at least 4 goals, the suicide rate in Canada will somehow unexplainably jump...

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Team Canada fans are hilarious...were not fielding our best team, not even close to our best team, yet fans are hanging on to this as if it were a matter of life and death...It's like if Canada dosen't win 8-0...everyone is disapointed and there's a problem with Canadian hockey

may not be the best team but it's still basically an all-star team. the top 3 could easily be top 3 on any team canada puts together, and of course broduer and luongo would be on any team canada put together.

they're missing guys no doubt but due to the their top end talent...they still should be the favorites and shouldn't be struggling the way they are...the team apparently just isn't playing all that great. not a problem with canadian hockey, just a problem with this team i'd say

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Levitate said:
may not be the best team but it's still basically an all-star team. the top 3 could easily be top 3 on any team canada puts together, and of course broduer and luongo would be on any team canada put together.

they're missing guys no doubt but due to the their top end talent...they still should be the favorites and shouldn't be struggling the way they are...the team apparently just isn't playing all that great. not a problem with canadian hockey, just a problem with this team i'd say

I agree, but would everyone but so up in arms if there were NHL playoffs going on right now? :dunno:

I think not...

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
417 TO MTL said:
I agree, but would everyone but so up in arms if there were NHL playoffs going on right now? :dunno:

I think not...

in that case most of these players would still be playing in the NHL, and this tournament would have been just another pointless World Championship.

on paper it's by far the best team that Canada has ever sent to the Worlds ... I mean you have 15 guys from the World Cup!

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
wilka91 said:
in that case most of these players would still be playing in the NHL, and this tournament would have been just another pointless World Championship.

on paper it's by far the best team that Canada has ever sent to the Worlds ... I mean you have 15 guys from the World Cup!
Most of them didnt play this year. All those european countries have a step on Canada and the US.

Captain Leaf

This just goes to show you that slugging beers at you million dollar cottage and playing golf wont get you ready for a World championship ..buncha BUMS!!!!

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Alot of these guys would still be here if the NHL was on...(I think) Nash for sure,Draper/Maltby ( :eek:)#94...we know one thing...many teams would be different rosters for sure.
Its a moot point...what matters right now..is Martin Brodeur has to find his "A" game...he's had ample time to get in shape,and feel comfortable...and we knew before this tourney...the teams chances of winning starts with him.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
wilka91 said:

Yes it probably is the best team on paper but the holes on defence are glaring and the goaltending is doing nothing to help it.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
jcpenny said:
Most of them didnt play this year. All those european countries have a step on Canada and the US.

I know that you'd be looking fot that kind of excuses, but don't forget that at the exception of the Czech Republic, the European teams you're talking about are playing without at least half of their best players.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
417 TO MTL said:
Team Canada fans are hilarious...were not fielding our best team, not even close to our best team, yet fans are hanging on to this as if it were a matter of life and death...It's like if Canada dosen't win 8-0...everyone is disapointed and there's a problem with Canadian hockey :shakehead

Fact is, if there wre NHL playoffs right now, nobody would care as much, it would be a bonus if the Canadian team won, but it wouldn't be as much of a huge deal if they didin't...

It's certainly not Canada's "A" team, but it's one of the best teams Canada has ever had in the WC -- at least on paper.

The problem is that most haven't played competative hockey this year.
Everyone was worried about players being phisically rusty -- turns out, them being mentally rusty is more of a problem.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Morrison comes steaming back into the D zone...in order to do SpecialEds job!

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
A good idea by Fisher...there has not been nearly enough pi$$ and vinegar in the Canadian formula today.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Everest said:
Heatley...invisible

What's the deal with Heatley? Upon returning to the NHL last year he was good but not that great; he sucked in Russia this year; and has been pretty invisible this tourney. :confused:

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Zine said:
What's the deal with Heatley? Upon returning to the NHL last year he was good but not that great; he sucked in Russia this year; and has been pretty invisible this tourney. :confused:
He hadn't sucked in Russia. I've seen him enough. He was on the best in Ak-Bars, but even Heatley didn't help them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad