WC: WC: 2024 Team Sweden Roster Talk

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Offense is terrible. Only raymond and kempe
JEE had 30 goals and 64 points this year. They might not all be pretty, but they all count. Having a net front presence who won't disappear under heavy going is critical, and that's his MO, as well as outstanding defense. Also has a good shot.

If you want someone who dangles around the perimeter...yeah, he won't do that.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Czech hockey games clearly showed that Heed, Bengtsson and Fanta is not good enough. Give away machines. Nemeth is decent, just did 1 misstake, when he tried to make a revenge hit but failed. Im sure he learned his lesson.

Now we need one or two of Lily, Sandin, Englund and we are set at the backend.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Czech hockey games clearly showed that Heed, Bengtsson and Fanta is not good enough. Give away machines. Nemeth is decent, just did 1 misstake, when he tried to make a revenge hit but failed. Im sure he learned his lesson.
Same procedure every year, these Euro veterans always look good until the tempo is increased and their weaknesses are exposed. Most of them have tried NHL but couldn't hack it and this gets exposed with tougher competition. Build the roster with as many NHLers as possible and fill out the rest with young guns. I hope FUS makes it, bur it would surprise me

Reactions: Eye of Ra

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Maybe just try Olofsson - JEE - Kempe and see if it can bringa Olof back to life?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Maybe just try Olofsson - JEE - Kempe and see if it can bringa Olof back to life?
There is nothing to bring back to life. Most of his points in NHL was in PP. He never was a good 5 vs 5 player. If i where Hallam, i would use him in PP only.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Weinhandl in KHL was a superstar lol
Yeah so was Mårtensson. So what?

Weinhandl and Magnus Johansson should not have been on that team. We had better players in NHL. For exemple Steen, Huselius, Samuelsson, Edler, Strålman etc. Båg was crazy.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
i would put them in the same bracket with USA, but yeah, if they dont make atleast a final it is going to be taken as huge disappoitment.

Maybe we'll produce if Hedman, Dahlin and Karlsson can put on a show, but there's not one point per game forward on the squad, so the offense looks kind of bleak compared to some other teams. I wouldn't say we're a shoe-in for the finals in any way.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Maybe we'll produce if Hedman, Dahlin and Karlsson can put on a show, but there's not one point per game forward on the squad, so the offense looks kind of bleak compared to some other teams. I wouldn't say we're a shoe-in for the finals in any way.
I think Raymond and Kempe have enough edge. JEE is good and Bura definetely isn’t as bad as his numbers this season would suggest. If there were euro names that could produce secondary scoring like there were in the past. I think we would be fine. But right now those names are pretty much Frödén, Lindberg and FUS.

If there are no more NHLers I’d probably want a third line consisting of those three.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I think Raymond and Kempe have enough edge. JEE is good and Bura definetely isn’t as bad as his numbers this season would suggest. If there were euro names that could produce secondary scoring like there were in the past. I think we would be fine. But right now those names are pretty much Frödén, Lindberg and FUS.

If there are no more NHLrs I’d probably want a third line consisting of those three.
Lindberg has been added to the roster?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Not that I know of. It would be madness to leave him off it if the chances of getting additions from the NA look bleak.
He was not added to Betano games which might indicate he is not gonna play WC. Or he was given rest or declined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad