Way too Early, but who is panicking more: Avalanche or Oilers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Avalanche fans are panicking. Oilers will be fine. They're a contender. Avalanche don't know what's going on with Rantanen, Nichushkin, Landeskog and their goaltending. Way too many question marks while they rely on rookies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Colorado has legit issues with their roster

They’ll easily make the playoffs still but about impossible to buy them as legit Cup contenders with that depth& goaltending, as much as Vegas and media has loved them

Qurpiz

Nudes in profile
Nov 5, 2006
Oilers will be fine, it would be stupid for them to panic IMO. Avs though have a goaltending problem and it's wild that Sakic/Sherman didn't address it in the off-season.
WOW now that´s a name I haven`t heard in a while

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
Avalanche fans are panicking. Oilers will be fine. They're a contender. Avalanche don't know what's going on with Rantanen, Nichushkin, Landeskog and their goaltending. Way too many question marks while they rely on rookies.
Rantanen? It's Lehkonen who is injured at the moment, do you mean him?

Edit. Aah, the contract situation, I get it know.

Avs just need a goalie. It might seem dire now, but they have too much talent to just fade away.

Last edited:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Am I crazy or is this just a bad roster?
No you are not crazy. But take 4 top-6 wingers out of any team, and see how that looks.

Lehkonen, Drouin, Landeskog, Nichuskin. All out because of injury (and suspension for Nuke). All should be back at some point. At that point, find me a better forward group in this league. You won't.

Goaltending is the big issue, and who knows how the Avs can address that. The rest of the roster should be fine.

Last edited:

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
It being "way too early" is exactly why no one should be panicking. You kind of negated the point of your thread in the title of your thread.

Reactions: SeanVT395

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
No you are not crazy. But take 4 top-6 wingers out of any team, and see how that looks.

Lehkonen, Drouin, Landeskog, Nichuskin. All out because of injury (and suspension for Nuke). All should be back at some point. At that point, find me a better forward group in this league. You won't.

Goaltending is the big issue, and who knows how the Avs can address that. The rest of the roster should be fine.

Landeskog has been out for 2 years….

And they still lack depth

You’re crazy if you take their F group over Floridas or Dallas’

• Haha
Reactions: LOFIN

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
It being "way too early" is exactly why no one should be panicking. You kind of negated the point of your thread in the title of your thread.
What’s the general rule of thumb for number of games played minimum before the panic button can officially be pushed ? 12 games?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Landeskog has been out for 2 years….

And they still lack depth

You’re crazy if you take their F group over Floridas or Dallas’
A team with either Lehkonen or Landeskog in their bottom-6, I think, has more depth than Florida (who couldn't do f*** all losing 2 of their top-6 players today) or Dallas LMAO.

You are insane if you think Florida or Dallas is more deept F if everyone is healthy. INSANE.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Edmonton did the exact same thing last season but the Pacific is so weak that they can slack and still make the playoffs so I'm not worried for the Oilers
The Oilers did have a 17 game win streak right after that horrific start. Can't bet on that every year.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Answered your own question, yes it’s too early.

IMG_4359.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad