OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 12: Tank Commanders Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
The man can't even hit a wide open screen 5 yards away... we need to see how another QB does with this offense.

At the same time, I did believe in keeping Haskins in for the purpose of tanking. We need either Fields or Lawrence in the draft.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
He did okay badly relative to his game against Cleveland. Sure. But it still wasn't good IMO. Stats look good, but a lot of throws were underneath. Looked like the was taking the safe options and afraid to make a play.

I think this is telling though, don't think Haskins is a Rivera guy. They'll go after QB next draft.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

This franchise is the worst until proven otherwise. And I wholeheartedly agree with Ross Tucker on this one. They went out and got no help on the OL or at WR/TE and they cut their most productive running back and they bench Haskins after 4 games because they want to try and win? The whole situation is garbage and really tarnishes what's supposed to be an actual rebuilding process.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Tin foil hat here....

this whole deal stinks, I mean stinks, of Danny getting excited at the prospect of winning division and influencing RR to make switch.

tin foil hat tossed into garbage

*edit*

and the wheels of the bus go round and round...

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
If Ron is trying to change this into a winning culture he can’t have Haskins going out there looking like shit every Sunday while he’s holding the rest of the team accountable for their bad play

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I didn’t like Haskins when we drafted him, and I’ve never liked the prospect that he would turn into a solid QB. But we will never know acting like this. RR says we’re not taking TOs, it’s all about development, but then this? Allen isn’t our future. Either teach Dwayne or let him fail.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The man can't even hit a wide open screen 5 yards away... we need to see how another QB does with this offense.

At the same time, I did believe in keeping Haskins in for the purpose of tanking. We need either Fields or Lawrence in the draft.

Kyle Allen Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Dwayne Haskins Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Kyle Allen has 15 games in the NFL, most of which were under RR. He was QB for the Panthers vs the Skins last year, which is the game that sealed RR's fate in Carolina.

Even with that much experience playing in RR's system he's not shown significantly better overall numbers vs Haskins, who has 4 games and no preseason with RR.

Maybe this will be the year. Who the hell knows. It's DC Football Follies every season.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Nooooooooo... we lost our tank commander. Or one of them.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I didn’t like Haskins when we drafted him, and I’ve never liked the prospect that he would turn into a solid QB. But we will never know acting like this. RR says we’re not taking TOs, it’s all about development, but then this? Allen isn’t our future. Either teach Dwayne or let him fail.

Yeah, mixed signals.

Maybe he's afraid of losing the team.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
They should do Haskins a solid and trade him. It's fine if Rivera wants his own guy under center but give the kid a chance at a decent career. 13 games under 3 head coaches in 3 different offensive systems in a dumpster fire of an organization is a shitty situation to throw the guy into.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
They should do Haskins a solid and trade him. It's fine if Rivera wants his own guy under center but give the kid a chance at a decent career. 13 games under 3 head coaches in 3 different offensive systems in a dumpster fire of an organization is a shitty situation to throw the guy into.

I'm sorry this might be insensitive, but Haskins is dumb as rocks. That he didn't pick up the warning signals or spidey-sense on that 4th and goal from the 25 or whatever yard line in the 4th quarter and getting pounded on the scoreboard, then I don't know... That was the face-palm moment and the point where you just knew.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'm sorry this might be insensitive, but Haskins is dumb as rocks. That he didn't pick up the warning signals or spidey-sense on that the 4th and goal from the 25 or whatever yard line in the 4th quarter and getting pounded on the scoreboard, then I don't know... That was the face-palm moment and the point where you just knew.

I'm not commenting on his intelligence one or the other, I'm just saying if Ron has decided he's not his guy and never will be his guy we need to get him out of the locker room. It won't be good for either party if Haskins is sitting there moping around.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
I'm not commenting on his intelligence one or the other, I'm just saying if Ron has decided he's not his guy and never will be his guy we need to get him out of the locker room. It won't be good for either party if Haskins is sitting there moping around.

I'm all for it. And I'm pretty sure with Haskins getting his agent to tweet all that, that we are looking to move him ASAP. For a big of chips. And a medium soda.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
upload_2020-10-7_12-43-41.jpeg

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I still shake my head when I think of Patrick Ramsey. That guy could have been a good QB if Spurrier hadn’t destroyed him mentally.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Like I said days ago, if he's being benched so he can be the eye in the sky and watch and absorb and hit the reset button, then OK. That can be part of a development process.

Anything else is dumb as hell IMO and just moves us closer to seeing another example of the NFL ruining first round QBs because they are put in garbage situations before they're ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad