OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 12: Tank Commanders Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Next 7 games should say a lot about this team since they're playing a bunch of fellow basement dwellers. Schedule: vs LA (Rams), @ NYG, vs DAL, vs NYG, @ DET, vs CIN, @DAL

Any predictions? I'm going 3-4: L, W, L, W, L, W, L

Welcome to the 5th-8th pick overall!

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Next 7 games should say a lot about this team since they're playing a bunch of fellow basement dwellers. Schedule: vs LA (Rams), @ NYG, vs DAL, vs NYG, @ DET, vs CIN, @DAL

Any predictions? I'm going 3-4: L, W, L, W, L, W, L

Damn thats a tough slate. Gotta take it one game at a time and go 0-1 every Sunday.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
There's a lot the offense can improve to help Haskins, but this picture 'aint it. There outside receiver is in 1-on-1 coverage and there's two wide open guys underneath as check-down options.

Yeah I'm not sure what the complaint is there. Some plays are supposed to have receivers crossing or running parallel routes, or even "picking" the defender. It's not always about "spacing".

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
they already offered him 5 years 175 mil, 100 guaranteed....he said no. Gaudy early numbers aside, when he wins the big game, I’ll be surprised. I wouldn’t give the guy a blank check, but I certainly believe he would make us credible. Cowboys have built around him and we don’t have those niceties here for him though....

IINM, when Dak entered the league the Cowboys OL had Zach Martin+, Tryon Smith+ and Travis Fredericks+ all playing at All Pro levels. He had Zeke+, he had Jason Whitten and Dez Bryant. That was his rookie surrounding cast, a whole lot of pro bowlers all around him.

Skins pro bowlers on offense surrounding DH? None, nada, zip, zilch, zero. Three or four games from the ghost of what used to be Brandon Scherff does not count.

If we sign him for $175M plus and then watch him struggle with no talent around him whatsoever, who should we blame?

+Looked it up. Those four players were 1st team All Pro... which is the top individual honor per season, much higher than simply "Pro Bowl" level.

2016 Dallas Cowboys Starters, Roster, & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Yeah I'm not sure what the complaint is there. Some plays are supposed to have receivers crossing or running parallel routes, or even "picking" the defender. It's not always about "spacing".

1, 2 or even 3 receivers in the same area happens but not 4. With that many receivers one should be the safe check down.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
1, 2 or even 3 receivers in the same area happens but not 4. With that many receivers one should be the safe check down.

There are 2 guys wide open underneath. We can't see the starting formation or what the play was. It looks like someone at the bottom is running a deep post, while nearby someone else is running a deep cross. Underneath is probably some other level of crossing pattern, possibly levels concept with 2 guys, or one guy on a cross/slant and the other releasing after blocking. Hard to say.

They probably do have a lot of issues in running good routes but this pic is probably not the best example.

Reactions: Corby78

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
There are 2 guys wide open underneath. We can't see the starting formation or what the play was. It looks like someone at the bottom is running a deep post, while nearby someone else is running a deep cross. Underneath is probably some other level of crossing pattern, possibly levels concept with 2 guys, or one guy on a cross/slant and the other releasing after blocking. Hard to say.

They probably do have a lot of issues in running good routes but this pic is probably not the best example.

Let’s be reality, the only receiver worth a damn on the team is 17. It’s completely plausible the rest don’t know WTF they are doing.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Listened to the Cooley film break down for the offense yesterday. Not much news in it, Hask got a C grade and Gibson was a B+/A-. What I found interesting was the O-line grades. From left to right B, D, B, A, B+. Specifically the guy replacing Scherff got the highest grade, Cooley described his play as “baby Scherff” and Cooley said Christian has shown improvement in every game since week 1. Cooley still likes Martin at LG but Martin struggled bad against whoever he had over him on defense.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Welp. Kyle did have some success in this system last year so maybe he sparks them a bit, and maybe letting Haskins watch some more would be beneficial for his development. Hard to accept though that Haskins has lost the job after four games though based on merit alone. This to me feels like a decision where Ron and company think the WFT can win the division this year and they don't want to go through the growing pains with Haskins at the moment. Not entirely surprising if you look at it from that perspective.

Sep 19, 2008
Surprised Haskins got benched. Didn't play that badly against Ravens.

Perhaps Rivera is trying to fire this team up being so close to a playoff spot in a terrible division and all.

Kyle Allen has potential. He played well at least the first half and then tanked in the second. He knows the offense better.

We will see what happens.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They have announced that it is performance-based

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
So dumb IMO. What happens now if Allen is stagnant? Where do we go in the offseason? The only way this makes sense is that in the locker room this staff has seen enough to know Haskins is a bust. I’m actually kinda hoping that’s it, and it’s a sign we have good football guys making calls now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad