Post-Game Talk: Washington Capitals (kind of) vs Providence Bruins | 5/11/21

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Alan May just said, “The Caps are playing almost their full lineup tonight except for Kuznetsov and who knows if we’ll ever see him again (and Oshie and Carlson).” That does not fill me with confidence that he’ll be back for the playoffs.

I mentioned this earlier. On Two Man Advantage today Vogel and Walton listed the injured players returning and those missing. They did not mention either Kuznetsov or Samsonov. You would think they were told by management not to. If true, that is a very bad sign

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
If they didn't want them to get hurt then bring on the taxi squad. These guys know how to play together. Not like this game is going to make them suddenly gel or something.

Boston has the luxury of cap space. The reason why they only have $350K in cap space is because they are already fielding a 30 player roster... and still fit under the cap by $350K

Caps can't do that.. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I think they will take zero chance of going far without him over zero chance of going far with him its as bad as it might be
I don’t know if that’s how they feel, but if so, i get it. I’m enjoying watching Maillet bust his ass every shift. And we also have Oshie and Raffl capable of playing center

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Jensen, chara, and Eller have all gotten dinged so far. Hopefully nothing significant. Less fun watching a game when your main rooting interest is avoiding injury

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don’t know if that’s how they feel, but if so, i get it. I’m enjoying watching Maillet bust his ass every shift. And we also have Oshie and Raffl capable of playing center

I dont know if that is how they feel or not. If they dont feel that way, Kuzy will play. If they lock him away then it is that way

Reactions: troyerlaw

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Caps played a good period. Don’t think the Bruins had more than 1 minute of zone time. They are definitely trying to slow everything down as much as possible.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I dont know if that is how they feel or not. If they dont feel that way, Kuzy will play. If they lock him away then it is that way

Kuzy is locked up!

2Qy2XmR8ZD-6.png

McVechkin

Sponsor
Jun 29, 2015
I get that but imagine if an NBA/NFL team or whatever played a college team and did not dominate them. Basically what this is.

meh. You’re assuming the caps have to have the mindset they must win.. they know what this game is and they will be going through the motions for the most part while the players the bruins do call up will be highly motivated as they are trying to make a name for themselves. There just really isn’t a lot of conclusions you can draw from this game.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Pretty sure he said if but if or when are pretty interchangeable if it’s followed by “we’ll ever see him again.”

Lets take this back to Lavy saying its being worked out thru the room. I read that as Ov is calling the shots here. This takes me back to the Oshie thing. But as Ov was involved in the COVID mess before, he might be without tolerance for that kind of crap again. I just think this is Ov running his show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad