Warriors: Clark Or Tocchet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I would take Tocchet by a slight margin: I prefer the most prolific scorer of the two (and the best fighter as well :D )

IMO Cam Neely was even better than both of that two as a scorer but probably he was the less skilled fighter.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
they are definatly both throwbacks that the NHL could use more of.

maybe later we could throw out a Cam Neely or Brendan Shanahan one my vote there would go with Neely although by a slight margin.

espo*

Man,some tough polls here today.It's Tocchet for me but not by much.I would have liked to have seen Wendel in his prime playing on some better teams though.I think we would all have a better read if that had happened.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
When both were at their best it was close. I'd give Tocchet a slight edge (much better playmaker). Tocchet was far more durable than Wendal, which makes it a much easier decision.

Juicer

Mar 14, 2004
Tocchet is possibly my favourite player ever, and I will not vote against him. However, Wendel had much more talent and was a better gamebreaker. I could argue either side and feel confident I was right.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Wendel.

My bias reasoning: He embodies everything I want the Leafs to be. Tough, talented players.

To be honest, I don't remember Tochett enough to make a truly informed decision, but I do remember the flashes of briliance I saw in Wendel.

Vomiting Kermit*

Wendel! I'll never forget that fight he had with McSorley after the hit on Gilmour.

What a warrior Clark was.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Leaf Lander said:
primve vs prime clark lead his team tocckets was never his teams best player

Wendal Clark was NEVER his teams best player.

Tocchet wasn't usually the best player on his team, but he certainly was in:

1989-90, 90-91. An argument can also be made for 88-89.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I'll take Tocchet, he had the better career and was a better all-round player. He also had a slightly better record of staying healthy than Clark. He was, year-in, year-out, the Flyers best player in the late 1980s, had three 40-goal seasons, a 100-point season (playing with Mario, granted, but was still a PPG player during his prime from 1987-1996). He was consistently over 150 PIMs during that stretch, too. A better playoff player as well.

Being the Leafs best player in the mid 1980s to early 1990s was about as hard as being the best player for the Mississauga Ice Dogs their first three or four seasons.

I was a big Wendel Clark fan. Liked him more than Tocchet, not that I wasn't a big Tocchet fan. Many will talk about how injuries hampered Clark's career, but Tocchet was ravaged by them, too. When one looks at the careers, the facts and their play, Rick Tocchet is the better warrior.

Zoo

Jul 29, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
Gotta go with Tocchet, he was awesome back in the day. I still remember the hit he tried to put on Stevens, and Stevens ducked and flipped him over his shoulder. :lol

sunb

Jun 27, 2004
Yale University
I never actually seen either play (seen Tocchet play but he was way way past his prime so that doesn't count) but from what I hear, I would take Tocchet because of his effectiveness and longetivity. However, I don't doubt that Clark is the better player of the two and was the better player in his prime. However, because Clark's injuries, I think it is an easy choice for most people to take Tocchet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad