Value of: W. Nylander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
It has taken Willy a little longer to hit his potential than it did for Mitch and Matthews. I knew this day would come when he would become a PPG player even if only for a few years. We've finally entered his prime years. His development could be a big boost in the playoffs, if he can transfer regular season to post season success.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Only 4 teams in the entire league have less GA than the Leafs, why would we, on any planet trade away our best contract for help in an area we don't need? Absolute nonsense. We have talent coming up in Sandin, Lilly, Dermott and 3 of our top 4 are doing just fine.
I think that's much more to do with Campbell playing out of his mind than the Leafs D being all that great.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Toronto isn't winning in the post season without upgrading their blue line. Marner cannot be traded with current contract and Matthews obviously will remain Leaf till he's UFA.

So which leaves us with Nylander and with recent performance I believe he will fetch Toronto a nice return, maybe something like

Trouba + Georgiev

Nylander + Mrazek

What other dmen could Leafs target with a player like Nylander?
I've always wondered why someone would start a thread and then not return to post in it.
Surprised the Mods don't catch on to this.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Who cares. It’s a trades forum. It’s all fantasy.

Any thread is fine as long as people are discussing it in good faith. But when someone has a history of always posting a particular type of thread they start to lose the benefit of the doubt and it looks more like they're just trying to start arguments and get a rise out of people. Especially when OP never actually participates in the threads after creating them.

We shouldn't shut down legit threads but there needs to be a bar. The forum is better for it.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Nylander has been the Leafs 2nd best player behind Matthews this year and has a great contract. This will be the season he is over or close to a ppg he isn’t going anywhere unless it’s for a lot. Typical though he plays for Toronto so people will just throw spare parts at us for him and then say we overrate him.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Nylander won't be traded. You don't trade the 1 contract that is working out to be a bargain of the big 4.

It will be Marner.

/Thread[/QUOTE]

The arrogance of this is other worldly. Considering you don't know one iota more than the rest of us. You don't get to tell people to close the thread. So condescending. I bet you don't have many friends. And telling mods to close a thread is against the rules.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
While Toronto needs to upgrade on Holl on the 2nd pairing, it won't be at the expensive of Nylander, we will trade futures such as our 1sts, 2nd, Robertson, Arimov and Lilly as long as its someone that has two playoff runs with us.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, NMacrules.

Fairly certain personal attacks are against forum rules as well.

Look at 99% of Leaf fans responses in here saying Nylander is not being traded. You don't need inside information to know that, you need common sense and understanding of the team you're discussing.

Last edited:

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I've always wondered why someone would start a thread and then not return to post in it.
Surprised the Mods don't catch on to this.

You should look at their post history, it's just awful Leaf trade proposal after awful Leaf trade proposal.

Mar 26, 2010
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, NMacrules.

Fairly certain personal attacks are against forum rules as well.

Look at 99% of Leaf fans responses in here saying Nylander is not being traded. You don't need inside information to know that, you need common sense and understanding of the team you're discussing.
The team you are discussing? What are you trying to say there.

Willy Nylander is a stud #1 RW on any team in the NHL! He also happens to be on a great contract. He is young and only getting better on top of it all.

This thread was made with the intent to start a flame war with Leafs fans. Dubas or the Leafs brass has NO intentions, or suggested anything in regards to trading Willy. There is no way he gets traded.

Mar 26, 2010
You should look at their post history, it's just awful Leaf trade proposal after awful Leaf trade proposal.
I just looked. It is a bunch of posts to troll the Leafs. Hahaha. Oh man…this has to be one of the boards finest burner accounts. :laugh:

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Leafs are 5th in GA this year, 7th last season.

for once, defence is not their problem.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
SpanishPopularIrishwaterspaniel-max-1mb.gif

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I don't know what this has to do with Nylander, but man I love TCAP. Chris Hansen was the undisputed GOD of investigative journalism back then. Still love watching these clips on YouTube.

Nevermind, just double-checked OP's username and avatar. Amazing connection, lmao.

Reactions: Space Coyote

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
There is no way to know what if anything the Leafs will do in the post season. Marner can be traded. Matthews can choose to leave as a free agent or he can re-sign. I like Trouba, but I still wouldn't make the deal. Trouba engineered his trade to NY, so I don't think he would want to move. He has. NMC.

Trouba won’t be traded to Canada. His wife wanted to be in the states so I assume every Canadian team is on his NMC

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
I don't know what this has to do with Nylander, but man I love TCAP. Chris Hansen was the undisputed GOD of investigative journalism back then. Still love watching these clips on YouTube.

Just google OP's username. I agree Hansen was a pro at this game.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Just google OP's username. I agree Hansen was a pro at this game.
I didn't recognize the username at first, but I remember the meeting now. He used the ingenious "I don't know what you're talking about?" defense, it worked just as well as the 'this is my first time' and the 'I wasn't here for sex, even though I have booze and condoms' defenses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad