Value of: W. Nylander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Not sure what to make of this post. Are you just looking to stir the pot?

1. The Leafs D is actually pretty good.
2. Marner can be traded, he is a world class player.
3. Matthews will be a Leaf long after this contract. He is not going anywhere. He loves Toronto. The biggest and best hockey Market in the world.

As far as Willy Nylander goes, he is on one of the best contracts in the NHL. The guy is a total stud, there is no way he is getting traded. Even if Dubas were to entertain it, it would take a young number 1D man coming back to Toronto. That is not happening though, Willy is not for sale.
i can't help thinking matthews would be more comfortable in new york , detroit , chicago ,LA ... where hockey is not the number one game in town and he can escape the media den that is toronto

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
i can't help thinking matthews would be more comfortable in new york , detroit , chicago ,LA ... where hockey is not the number one game in town and he can escape the media den that is toronto
If he leaves as a free agent, NY and Los Angeles are far more likely destinations than Arizona in my opinion.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
This should be locked immediately and OPs account should be banned. All of the threads started is them trying to trade Matthews Nylander etc.

Mar 26, 2010
imo AZ in the picture b'c they can offer post career opportunity to buy into ownership, I suspect
Why do you assume AM wants out of Toronto. Hoping thinking for non Leafs fans I suppose.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why do you assume AM wants out of Toronto. Hoping thinking for non Leafs fans I suppose.
never said and not saying he def wants out
he'll obv get top $ and most teams will pay that if they have cap, which some do

my point was AZ has unique ability to offer a native son something the others don't
being objective
besides possible ownership
if he comes home, when he's done he can run for office or whatev else he'd like

that's my pt

Stu

Nov 20, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Only 4 teams in the entire league have less GA than the Leafs, why would we, on any planet trade away our best contract for help in an area we don't need? Absolute nonsense. We have talent coming up in Sandin, Lilly, Dermott and 3 of our top 4 are doing just fine.

Reactions: Nylanderthal

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
he'll obv get top $ and most teams will pay that if they have cap, which some do

my point was AZ has unique ability to offer a native son something the others don't
being objective

that's my pt

They can barely pay their rent and you think they can afford Matthews?

Cap space is one thing

Money is another

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
What gives you this impression? The dude loves the limelight

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010

being objective

that's my pt
There’s a better chance that team is playing in Houston or KC next season than there is that one of the leagues best players would leave a premier franchise for literally the 34th team in a 32 team league…

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Toronto isn't winning in the post season without upgrading their blue line. Marner cannot be traded with current contract and Matthews obviously will remain Leaf till he's UFA.

So which leaves us with Nylander and with recent performance I believe he will fetch Toronto a nice return, maybe something like

Trouba + Georgiev

Nylander + Mrazek

What other dmen could Leafs target with a player like Nylander?

US LOL. You already lost your first account because of these kinds of threads, stop this already :laugh:

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Muzzin is the one that the Leafs need to trade this summer. They tried Holl, Sandin and Liligren with him but the lines still suck. He is the common denominator, he's slow as molasses and rarely hits anymore. We could get a good return for him and use his 5.6mil for another dman.
So you do a good job of destroying Muzzins value but feel Toronto will get a good return for him?

Syed Ammad rizvi

Nov 1, 2020

being objective

that's my pt
You maybe right about some teams having cap space when his contract is up. But I doubt teams that are contenders by the time his contract is up would have cap space, and to find minimum $13 mill cap space on a contender is really really tough. On the other hand maple leafs just need to find $2 mil more to fit him in. Unless his relationship with the maple leafs organization turn sour, I dont see hom going anywhere. The fact that he loves playing here and contenders might not have the cap space to get him in unless they do major jiggling is the reason he stays put and perhaps become the greatest player to ever wear blue and white.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
So he ends up bankrupt by age 40 ??

Lemieux stepped in and saved Pittsburgh.
Not exactly sure but feels like that was more distressed franchise back then.
You are making an assumption that add of Matthews can not change short term projection of team, which may or may not be the case, but is reasonably plausible. $$$ not behind 'yotes now may shift, at least until AM hangs 'em up.

so answer to your ? is no.

btw Sundin may have been all that and a bag of chips
but he is not 'a god'.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Lemieux stepped in and saved Pittsburgh.
Not exactly sure but feels like that was more distressed franchise back then.
You are making an assumption that add of Matthews can not change short term projection of team, which may or may not be the case, but is reasonably plausible. $$$ not behind 'yotes now may shift, at least until AM hangs 'em up.

so answer to your ? is no.

btw Sundin may have been all that and a bag of chips
but he is not 'a god'.

2 things I am sure of:

1) There are much better investment opportunities for Matthews than the Coyotes.

2) Yes, Sundin was and is a God.

Reactions: Kelly

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
imo AZ in the picture b'c they can offer post career opportunity to buy into ownership, I suspect

Two things.

1) You do not need to play for a team to purchase said team.
2) Why would anyone WANT to purchase the Coyotes :laugh: he'd have better luck investing in Hello Kitty NFT's.

Keep dreaming.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Two things.

1) You do not need to play for a team to purchase said team.
2) Why would anyone WANT to purchase the Coyotes :laugh: he'd have better luck investing in Hello Kitty NFT's.

Keep dreaming.

1) investing [purchasing] equity in a sports franchise is generally an extremely limited, rare opportunity.

In 5 years, my work on restructuring the international monetary system may make me a billionaire. Does not mean Dolan is gonna sell me the Rangers.

2) All laws are subservient to the conditions that create and maintain them, including economic ones. [btw, I've coined that, credit pls if you use it]

AZ is not like a literal toxic waste dump requiring superfund cleanup.
May be possible to reverse whatever economic negatives perceived or actually there. Whether or not that is worth it remains to be seen.
But at least there is a theoretical opportunity.
And again, Lemieux is precedent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad