W Beckett Sennecke - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2024, 3rd, ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
That timeline sounds a lot better than the Anaheim media reported one. Some terrible journalism there from whoever had the initial report.
It was just the Anaheim social team. I highly doubt they're "journalists" and more likely just posting what they're told to post, when they're told to post it.

Reactions: Kalv

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He didn't end up on the scoresheet but outside of a couple bad experiments with the puck on his stick (like a slow toe drag with a defender right in front of him that got snuffed out immediately) and one notably bad defensive play, he looked very solid and not one bit out of place at a much higher level of play than he's accustomed to. He's definitely too thin to be in the NHL this year, but his vision and involvement in the overall pace and flow of play was way higher than I was expecting. I thought there'd be much more of an adjustment needed than what he actually showed. I was iffy about the pick when and after it was made but I can definitely see why the Ducks brass liked him so much. I see his floor as a second line winger and all he needs to do to get to that level is bulk up and get a little more experience. But the potential is there for him to be a dynamic first liner.

Oct 18, 2011
I don't have a problem getting him in a few regular season games and then sending him back, with high expectation picks it's not a bad idea to give them a taste of what the pro game is like and knowing what they need to work on

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
I don't have a problem getting him in a few regular season games and then sending him back, with high expectation picks it's not a bad idea to give them a taste of what the pro game is like and knowing what they need to work on

Probably better to send him down. There's not enough role for him at the moment, he's not gonna bump Terry, Killorn, or Vatrano down to the 4th line.

Although if he bulks up a good amount there's almost no chance he plays out his junior eligibility next year. Game wise, he looks very advanced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad