W Beckett Sennecke - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2024, 3rd, ANA)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
Dach isn't a bust. I think 10% of your posts ever have been replies to me now. I'm honoured. You don't have time to watch hockey, but you have time to dedicate to trolling Habs fans and attacking me. Thank you.
You bombard me with responses then make an attempt to victimize yourself after I defend my takes….

Dudes off his rocker, lmfao

• Haha
Reactions: CanadienShark

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Why does every thread about a Ducks player always have like 30 Habs fans arguing about something in it?
You know how this all started? It was comparing rising prospects. Not as style of player, but the similar growth spurt and shooting up rankings. You can re-read my posts on Sennecke if you like. I have been pretty positive about him as a player and wished him all the best. He's an interesting pick for sure. He's got some impressive talent and the body to match.

• Haha
Reactions: LeBrun is a Clown

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Dach isn't a bust. I think 10% of your posts ever have been replies to me now. I'm honoured. You don't have time to watch hockey, but you have time to dedicate to trolling Habs fans and attacking me. Thank you.

Feel free to talk about Sennecke here. He's an intriguing player for sure.
Prob have to excuse some duck fans, were used to the standards put on zegras by canadian fans (who also ignore those standards when it comes to Dach/Newhook/Caufield)

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Prob have to excuse some duck fans, were used to the standards put on zegras by canadian fans (who also ignore those standards when it comes to Dach/Newhook/Caufield)
I don't think Zegras is a fit in Montreal, but damn is he ever exciting to watch. Never heard anything truly negative about the guy.

Ducks are building a nice looking and varied forward group and Sennecke is just another interesting piece on top.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't think Zegras is a fit in Montreal, but damn is he ever exciting to watch. Never heard anything truly negative about the guy.

Ducks are building a nice looking and varied forward group and Sennecke is just another interesting piece on top.
In my head in 2-3 years
Gauthier - carlsson - sennecke

Could be a big, skilled top line.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Was watching a Grant Mccagg mock draft from early June and he had Sennecke going 5th to Montreal. Said that his Oshawa coach thinks he'll be in the NHL at 19.
Don’t doubt that but might take a year to find his game at nhl lvl and

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
These past two Drafts Anaheim takes the player with higher elite hockey sense/IQ over the guy who gets drafted right after him. Sennecke's hockey sense is noticeably higher than Lindstrom as is Carlsson's over Fantilli. This is something GM Pat Verbeek values over just pure tool set.
They were so confident Sennecke was the guy they didn't do anymore interviews with him lol.

Both past two picks were seen as less NHL ready than the guy who went after them as well, Fantilli was seen as more NHL ready while Carlsson as the guy with higher ceiling will take longer.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
These past two Drafts Anaheim takes the player with higher elite hockey sense/IQ over the guy who gets drafted right after him. Sennecke's hockey sense is noticeably higher than Lindstrom as is Carlsson's over Fantilli. This is something GM Pat Verbeek values over just pure tool set.
They were so confident Sennecke was the guy they didn't do anymore interviews with him lol.

Both past two picks were seen as less NHL ready than the guy who went after them as well, Fantilli was seen as more NHL ready while Carlsson as the guy with higher ceiling will take longer.
I’m not sure Carlsson having a higher ceiling is a common opinion

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016

Anyone who says Sennecke has better hockey sense than Lindstrom has not watched both players. Lindstrom produced assists at basically the same rate as Sennecke, but he’s a much, much better goal scorer - he posted the same amount of goals in half the games played.

Lindstrom is also better defensively, better along the boards, in front of the net, and on the forecheck, and is a better possession player/play driver - he’s way better at zone entries thanks to his elite puck protection. He’s meaner and more physical, and competes harder. He’s grittier and plays his game in the dirty areas, and he excels there. Hands are about the same, but Lindstrom’s shot is way better. He’s faster, stronger, and more explosive.

Lindstrom is basically what you hope Sennecke turns into if he puts it all together. I’ll take the guy who already there over the guy you hope gets there.

FWIW, I’m a Habs fan who would’ve taken Lindstrom over Demidov, even with the injury concern.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

The Ducks have consistently taken the guy I wanted one spot before my Jackets pick, including Carlsson over Fantilli. And it was precisely because he has amazing hockey sense that I had Carlsson ahead.

But this year I had Lindstrom 4th and Sennecke 5th. And I don't see any gap between them on hockey sense. Lindstrom plays a more polished structured game than people give him credit for, and it's Sennecke that actually dangles his way through two guys when a simple pass would do. Lindstrom's details are better. I'm confident Sennecke will figure that out though, we've also seen him be able to beat one guy and then quickly take advantage with a great pass, that's where I see his game headed. I think Lindstrom's ability to brute force a situation misleads people, sometimes that brute force is the smartest play!

Reactions: Static

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
When I was trying to think of a comparable for Sennecke, I was surprised by how few dynamic right handed RW there are. Finding one is almost as hard as finding a dynamic RHD. Maybe that's part of the reason why Levshunov and Sennecke went 2-3 in the draft.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
When I was trying to think of a comparable for Sennecke, I was surprised by how few dynamic right handed RW there are. Finding one is almost as hard as finding a dynamic RHD. Maybe that's part of the reason why Levshunov and Sennecke went 2-3 in the draft.

He looks to me like a later blooming, less agitating, but better skating Perry. Their junior highlights are eerily similar in that it's tall lanky skilled winger with amazing spacial awareness/stickhandling, aggressiveness to the net and some great hands up close. He'll never have a season like Perry’s in 2011, but I think he can be a big bodied 40-40 guy in his prime and maybe string more years like that than Pears could.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Mctavish and Carlsson weren't "reach" at all
You clearly didn’t pay attention. Mctavish was rated around the 10 spot, and they took him at 3. Carlsson wasn’t really a reach however people on here like the good ol’ Canadian boys more than imports so they didn’t praise the ducks picking Carlsson at 2 to put it lightly.

Drafting isn’t a problem for the Ducks. I expect Sennecke to be one of the best players in this draft. 100% trust the Ducks scouts.
I definitely trust NHL scouts more than a few people with opinions on here lol. The ducks aren’t drafting sennecke for now, they’re drafting him for where he is 2/3 years from now when they start to be good again.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Lindstrom is basically what you hope Sennecke turns into if he puts it all together. I’ll take the guy who already there over the guy you hope gets there.
Lindstrom has injury problems at 18 which is a huge red flag and sennecke is the safer pick because of that. Sennecke just grew 5 inches over his rookie season into this season and may be getting used to some of that height which is why he struggled the first half of the season.

Sennecke had a great second half and playoffs and he’s going to only get way better. May hit 100 points next year with Callum Ritchie. Sennecke was one of the biggest reasons why Oshawa even made the OHL finals and when he went down the gens got destroyed.
FWIW, I’m a Habs fan who would’ve taken Lindstrom over Demidov, even with the injury concern.
Demidov is easily the second best player in the draft. And may even have the highest ceiling- compared to Kucherov and is one of the best Russian prospects since ovechkin. Not quite as good as michkov but could make an argument for 2nd or 3rd.

Only thing going against demidov is his height. But we see smallish players proving people wrong time and time again.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
You clearly didn’t pay attention. Mctavish was rated around the 10 spot, and they took him at 3. Carlsson wasn’t really a reach however people on here like the good ol’ Canadian boys more than imports so they didn’t praise the ducks picking Carlsson at 2 to put it lightly.

I definitely trust NHL scouts more than a few people with opinions on here lol. The ducks aren’t drafting sennecke for now, they’re drafting him for where he is 2/3 years from now when they start to be good again.
Mckenzie had Mctavish at 4th right before the draft. He was not a reach

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Mckenzie had Mctavish at 4th right before the draft. He was not a reach
IMG_9118.png

And there’s this website too showing rankings closer to the draft

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Reactions: stppnmd

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia