W Beckett Sennecke - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2024, 3rd, ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think that he started to show flashes of a very special player later in the season, and is perceived to be a late bloomer physically that still hasn't stopped growing and filling out(moreso than most). That's the rationale, but I can't say that i agree with it, even though I like him more than most. I think a #3oa has to have a better resume, or his tools have to be insanely good. Sennecke's tools are good, and project to be really good if everything works out, but they aren't better than some others in this draft like LIndstrom, Levshunov, Dickinson, and his mental game isn't the equal of Celebrini's, Demidov's, Buium's, Parekh's and at least a couple of others. Some of those guys led their teams to Championship games.

I would've traded back and taken a chance that he would be around at 7-8.

I have to emphasize that i really like him, but I think ANA left money on the table with that pick.

Anaheim generally goes with the mindset of just grabbing your guy…so doesn’t shock me at all.

I mean I woulda been fine with trading down to get him, but it is what it is. Our scouts liked him and that’s what matters. Also thought there were rumblings of a few teams liking him a lot

I liked him, just maybe not at 3… but Anaheim has never been shy going off the board a bit

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Anaheim generally goes with the mindset of just grabbing your guy…so doesn’t shock me at all.

I mean I woulda been fine with trading down to get him, but it is what it is. Our scouts liked him and that’s what matters. Also thought there were rumblings of a few teams liking him a lot

I liked him, just maybe not at 3… but Anaheim has never been shy going off the board a bit
also of note this is the 1st draft in a few years you guys havent taken the guy Columbus fans got attached to :laugh:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
also of note this is the 1st draft in a few years you guys havent taken the guy Columbus fans got attached to :laugh:

Wasn’t Columbus rumored to be high on sennecke(tho I think lindstrom was always their #1)…. Sennecke said he got interviewed by a couple teams yesterday (Anaheim wasn’t 1 of them)

I feel like sennecke was columbus back up plan if chi/ana went lindstrom

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think Lindstrom was their far away 2nd ranked prospect and were willing to trade down if he were gone. They had Demidov and Senneke for extra interviews/dinner I believe
Well I guess we got

Jiricek fantilli lindstrom Johnson matechuk
Vs
Mintyukov carlsson sennecke mctavish zellweger

The last few draft hauls

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
HF scouts laughed everytime the Ducks "reached" for the big late riser

Lindholm, McTavish, Carlsson and now Sennecke

Has worked out every time so far. We'll see about Sennecke but his upside is immense.
Lindholm was a reach but to #6 and not top 3. McTavish was always a top 5 consideration, Carlsson went where he was supposed to go. Sennecke is imho by far the biggest reach.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Lindholm was a reach but to #6 and not top 3. McTavish was always a top 5 consideration, Carlsson went where he was supposed to go. Sennecke is imho by far the biggest reach.
Lindholm was expected to be outside the top 15. I don’t think any ranking had him top 10. Sennecke was projected to go top 10 by a few and top 5 by some. In a draft like this we’re 2-10 was a mix by everyone this shouldn’t be surprising.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Lindholm was expected to be outside the top 15. I don’t think any ranking had him top 10. Sennecke was projected to go top 10 by a few and top 5 by some. In a draft like this we’re 2-10 was a mix by everyone this shouldn’t be surprising.

You may listen to the comments. There were teams high on Hampus.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Its fairly shortterm though honestly. After a few years it feels like fans forget where most players are drafted, they just have crazy expectations early
No not really Olli Juolevi at 5 right before some guy oh ya one of the main peices of the current SC winner Matthew Tkachuk eh.

I hope he pans out for the Ducks but considering who they left on the table it could be a yikes moment of drafting.

Reactions: Laus723
Oct 18, 2011
I hope he's good but the consensus draft rankings had him in the teens so to me the issue is not maximizing the value of the pick. I've seen the argument they might be afraid to not get him

Well Madden said this week 8 guys were discussed for the pick, today Verbeek said it was a strong discussion for him and another player, it's not the end of the world if you trade down, get assets and have to pick someone else. They are putting alot of weight into a couple months and a player seemingly years from being even close to NHL ready...too much risk when picking here

That being said I hope he's great because if he pans out Anaheim would have a potentially outstanding forward group with incredible size

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad