Prospect Info: Vsevolod Komarov, RD Drummondville (QMJHL) - 134th overall in 2022 (Signed)

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I think we'll see where his skating stacks up against AHL competition. Way tougher game. People see him in the NHL next year -- not many but some -- and that seems hard to believe.

Even in the gin mills are there really people thinking that? With his current skating his offense won’t translate to the pros and his junior experience is being a game controlling star.

He’ll need time to either become a better skater and learn to pick more judicious spots or get more experience to be a turnover generating defensemen.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'll circle back to the guy who he reminds me of in some fashion - Brayden McNabb coming out of Kelowna. Komarov is a better skater upon graduating than McNabb and he isn't as fierce of a hitter, but the guy can play well killing plays in his own zone, breaking the puck out cleanly and then once it's up in the offensive zone he does a good job as a shooter and distributor. That extra bit of kick gives him options to follow plays offensively where filling a lane is the dangerous offensive play in a way that McNabb didn't. There is a strong defensive game to build around for VK already.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Even in the gin mills are there really people thinking that? With his current skating his offense won’t translate to the pros and his junior experience is being a game controlling star.

He’ll need time to either become a better skater and learn to pick more judicious spots or get more experience to be a turnover generating defensemen.

People get a bit drunk on prospects. I get it. It is totally exciting to dream of a player but you have to be realistic. Even with his strong last two years, he's probably still a bit of a long shot to be an impactful player. The talent is just so high in the NHL. If he becomes even a middle pair d-man, that would be a major W getting that in 5th round. Buffalo just hasn't hit on those bets a lot. Or traded them away.

Boergen and Hagel are their only picks beyond the second round who have established much since 2015. Talk all you want about picks in the last four years; let's see NHL success. That does NOT mean you can't be excited about Novikov (I am), but I want really care a ton until I see it it in the NHL

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
What? You don't respect the poster who has to remind us to never get excited about anyone or anything?
I mean it's a prospect thread on a hockey prospect board lol.

I do get what he's saying and you're not an NHL player until you're an NHL player. But VK has a pretty good opportunity. Skating is one of the most fixable issues and whether his offense translates or not, he has good instincts and ability to make those plays. Same on the defense side really. There's not many sure things and VK isn't one but he could also end up being a beauty. It's also a big opportunity for the Sabres prospect development team.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
What? You don't respect the poster who has to remind us to never get excited about anyone or anything?
Apparently there’s people who think komarov should be in the nhl next year (who, I have no idea)… and he deeeeeeply needs to correct that

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
The Remparts drafted at first overall tonight in the QMJHL thanks to Komarov's trade return. Thanks a lot Seva. :)

Have to say that I'm a big fan of the Remparts' logo and jersey.

Probably a dozen years ago, my sons and I had the opportunity to see a Remparts game in Le Colisee. What an experience! We had first row seats right on the goal line, it was a packed arena, and - since we were sitting on the corner curve - we had a great view of the entire ice surface as well the steep incline of the lower bowl seating , not to mention the upper level seats. Brought back memories of The Aud.

Edit:

We ended up taking a cab to the game from our hotel. After the game, we were a little surprised to see that there were no cabs waiting to pick up fans. Of course, the fact that we spent a little extra time inside checking the place out didn't help as if there were any, they were already gone.

A security guard - who barely spoke English - saw us outside in the freezing cold - it was February - searching around for a cab, brought us back into the lobby and called a cab for us.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad