Injury Report: Vlasic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
I saw something somewhere today that said he was still walking with a limp. But i cant remember where I saw that. I am old and forgetful

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I saw something somewhere today that said he was still walking with a limp. But i cant remember where I saw that. I am old and forgetful

I saw that too, but last I saw he was wearing a brace. That may be why. Still would mean he's wearing it which isn't great, but who knows. Seems like he'd be playing if it were the PO's. I'll hold out hope.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area

Was from a Kurz tweet, I think.

You know they say that memory is the 2nd thing to go as you get older? Damn if I can remember what the 1st thing is, though... :sarcasm:

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
So.... Anything new? I like having Demelo in the lineup for sure, but I wish it were over Polak.

Last I heard he was still in a brace and not ready to start skating (that was on Tuesday).

I don't think this is one of those 'if this was the playoffs he'd be playing' injuries either.

Hopefully he'll be able to get into a game or two before the regular season ends as trying to jump into a playoff game after not playing a game for about a month is not a very easy thing to do.

Also, I agree with you on DeMelo...I don't understand how it is that he was not very good in the AHL (earlier this season either) but has been a very good bottom pairing D in the NHL. It's weird.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Also, I agree with you on DeMelo...I don't understand how it is that he was not very good in the AHL (earlier this season either) but has been a very good bottom pairing D in the NHL. It's weird.

Rust in part (sitting on NHL bench). He just seems to "get" NHL hockey. Could be AHL is now "too slow" for him. :dunno:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Rust in part (sitting on NHL bench). He just seems to "get" NHL hockey. Could be AHL is now "too slow" for him. :dunno:

I am going to go with coaching/level of team mates (learning from in practices).

The sharks have had way to many not so great ahl players that come up to the nhl and seem to be better then the ahl version of the same player.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
That's a bummer. Only about 2 weeks before the PO's. :(

Ya. Hopefully Vlasic is one of those 'things can change quickly' situations and he'll get back on the ice soon 'cus he's just a little bit important to the Sharks chances of advancing in the playoffs.

CBJenga

May 30, 2008
Was from a Kurz tweet, I think.

You know they say that memory is the 2nd thing to go as you get older? Damn if I can remember what the 1st thing is, though... :sarcasm:

You know what they say, "When your memory goes..... Forget it."

SacLandshark

Dec 27, 2010
i HATE the way this team reports injuries. The first announcement made it sound like he'd be out for a game or two - a week or two at worst, but CERTAINLY back well before playoffs.

Now we're told that the plan all along was simply to have him ready fo the POs.

Next we'll be told that they hope to have him back in time for POs...

Then hope that he'll be ready for the second round (as if we could get through the first without him)

From 3-22
As far as a timeframe for Vlasic to come back to the lineup, DeBoer said, “I would term it day-to-day, but it could be a week, it could be 10 days.”

Today is day 10

(ok - needed that rant...)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad