Value of: Vladimir Tarasenko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

derkejohnlee

May 3, 2017
Tarasenko numbers have seemed reasonable for his contract and he's a UFA on an underperformed Senators team. Interested to hear what his value might be and insight on how he's played this year. I see he has a NTC so looks like he has all the power of where he can go. If Sens retained, I could see playoff teams being very interested in his offense, his experience, and previous winning pedigree.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
That NTC means nothing. He's playing for a contract he would probably go anywhere for a couple months if he thinks it will help his next contract. He will get the standard 1st and a B prospect.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
5m cap hit. His scoring pace is 19G 42A 61P. I wouldn’t give up a 1st for a one dimensional scorer who is only pacing for 19 goals on the season. Maybe a 2nd + from a team looking for middle 6 wing scoring

Reactions: Voight

h2

Mar 26, 2002
5m cap hit. His scoring pace is 19G 42A 61P. I wouldn’t give up a 1st for a one dimensional scorer who is only pacing for 19 goals on the season. Maybe a 2nd + from a team looking for middle 6 wing scoring

He hasn't been playing one dimensional at all. He's actually pretty responsible on both sides, at least compared to all the other top 6 on the Sens lol

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Tarasenko numbers have seemed reasonable for his contract and he's a UFA on an underperformed Senators team. Interested to hear what his value might be and insight on how he's played this year. I see he has a NTC so looks like he has all the power of where he can go. If Sens retained, I could see playoff teams being very interested in his offense, his experience, and previous winning pedigree.
There won’t be any retaining on salary if he is moved.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I still have no idea what you were trying to say with that "sentence". I was liberal when I used the word sentence
Your reading comprehension is weak at best. It was pretty easy to understand his first post and it couldn't have been more clear after the second but still you fail to follow the straight line.

There won’t be any retaining on salary if he is moved.
Why wouldn't they? Makes the trade easier and more desirable for the acquiring team or even opens him up to other teams that maybe couldn't fit him in otherwise

Reactions: BrokenFace

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Id like him on the leafs but:

1. Leafs dont have any 2nds for a while and Im not sure Id give a 1st straight
2. Not sure if the Sens would deal him to the leafs or do so without a premium

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Canes tried to sign him and I could see them revisiting at the deadline.

Tarasenko 50% retained & Mikkola fetched Blais, Hunter Skinner (Who?), conditional 1st and 4ths last year and I don't think his value has dropped that much since then.

But for the Canes I wouldn't trade more than a 2nd, and would want a bit retained if we're also looking to add in net as is rumored.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Canes tried to sign him and I could see them revisiting at the deadline.

Tarasenko 50% retained & Mikkola fetched Blais, Hunter Skinner (Who?), conditional 1st and 4ths last year and I don't think his value has dropped that much since then.

But for the Canes I wouldn't trade more than a 2nd, and would want a bit retained if we're also looking to add in net as is rumored.
that 4th was always going to be a 3d, the condition was that NYR make the playoffs last year. You could easily value that 3d for Mikkola, meaning the price on Tarasenko was a late first, 4th liner roster vet and a B/C depth prospect.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
that 4th was always going to be a 3d, the condition was that NYR make the playoffs last year. You could easily value that 3d for Mikkola, meaning the price on Tarasenko was a late first, 4th liner roster vet and a B/C depth prospect.
gotcha, what was the conditions on the 1st? If Ottawa doesn't retain, price is probably a 2nd and 3rd or something. 50% retained, could fetch them a 1st. Wouldn't want the Canes to trade a 1st for him though, too much for a rental that doesn't move the needle all that much.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Why wouldn't they? Makes the trade easier and more desirable for the acquiring team or even opens him up to other teams that maybe couldn't fit him in otherwise
Suppose it’s possible, but then the team acquiring him pays more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad