Player Discussion Vitali Kravtsov - Signed 2-Year Deal with Traktor Chelyabinsk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
If he returns it will be in 3-4 years.

The odds that Kravtsov is on an opening night Rick Tocchet roster in October 2024 are somewhere between 'pigs fly' and 'hell freezes'.
In this current political climate, there is no bloody way he doesn't finish his contract. If he decides to not honor it, there could be serious repercussions for his family and when he steps back into russian soil.

Do hope that he develops the other parts of the game to be more NHL ready and come back after his contract expires.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The kinda' surprising thing to me is that despite the war in Ukraine, and Russia being banned from international competition, the contract relationship between the NHL and KHL still holds fairly firm.

The NHL recognizes KHL contracts, and visa versa. So if Kravtsov negotiated an 'out clause' in his contract after one year in the KHL, then I can't see any repercussions if he and his agent decided to exercise it.

Still a chance that with nine Canuck UFA's heading into the off-season, he's back at Canuck training camp in September. I suppose they could always loan him back to KHL if things don't work out.

Last edited:

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
In this current political climate, there is no bloody way he doesn't finish his contract. If he decides to not honor it, there could be serious repercussions for his family and when he steps back into russian soil.

Do hope that he develops the other parts of the game to be more NHL ready and come back after his contract expires.
His family is very well connected in Russia (his dad is literally banned from the United States because of who he is), he would not have any issues

• Wow
Reactions: Son of Petter

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Tomorrow morning is the start of the KHL playoffs, Traktor will be taking on Salivate Yulaev Ufa in a rematch of last years series. Schedule:

Game 1: Tomorrow 6AM
Game 2: Saturday 3:30AM
Game 3: Monday 6AM
Game 4: Wednesday 6AM

Reactions: Lindgren

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
His family is very well connected in Russia (his dad is literally banned from the United States because of who he is), he would not have any issues
that's a double edge sword these days no? because you have connection, you better not do things that are against the higher level directive. Also feels like consequence is really depending on one person's feels.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Tomorrow morning is the start of the KHL playoffs, Traktor will be taking on Salivate Yulaev Ufa in a rematch of last years series. Schedule:

Game 1: Tomorrow 6AM
Game 2: Saturday 3:30AM
Game 3: Monday 6AM
Game 4: Wednesday 6AM
You're late with the report on this morning's game. Get on it!

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
You're late with the report on this morning's game. Get on it!
Krav had some nice forechecking creating some turnovers, he would’ve scored an empty net goal as he got the puck with the empty net but his teammate took a penalty so the whistle went. Zero points for Krav today, but 3-2 Traktor win. They had blew a 2 goal lead but scored a go ahead goal in the dying minutes of the 3rd! (Traktor is the lower seed btw)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Not sure 'whether' or even 'if' Kravstov figures in their future plans.....but they were smart qualifying him to retain his NHL rights, and then letting him make more money by playing in the KHL.

I wonder if that's the route the eventually go with Podkolzin.? If he doesn't make the Canucks next season, they'd be doing him a big favor by qualifying him and loaning him to a KHL team.

The issue with Russians playing the AHL level is that if they're on an ELC they're making far less than they'd made suiting up for a team in Russia.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Not sure 'whether' or even 'if' Kravstov figures in their future plans.....but they were smart qualifying him to retain his NHL rights, and then letting him make more money by playing in the KHL.

I wonder if that's the route the eventually go with Podkolzin.? If he doesn't make the Canucks next season, they'd be doing him a big favor by qualifying him and loaning him to a KHL team.

The issue with Russians playing the AHL level is that if they're on an ELC they're making far less than they'd made suiting up for a team in Russia.
Doesn't Podz lose his waiver exemption next year? Either way, the Canucks can give him a 2 way contract so that he gets paid decently if he is in the AHL. I still think he has a future with the Canucks.

And Kravtsov may yet play for the Canucks again ... he certainly has the skill. If he can just learn to play a 200 ft game.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
LOL ok yeah I see it now, the dude who's stick explodes off the point shot. Makes sense why he ended up at the far end of the bench.
Note as well that VK got a partial block on that shot (though I'll leave it to the experts to comment on his shot-blocking technique).

• Love
Reactions: EdJovanovski

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's pretty obvious that Kravtsov isn't interested in coming back to NA to play in the AHL.....as I understand it, he already declined to go the AHL a couple of times when he was with the Rangers.

So it's the NHL or the KHL for Kravtsov......If he does come back and can't make the Canucks lineup again in the future, then he probably finishes his career in the KHL.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002

Kravtsov is a hockey player, not some double agent spy.
Nobody’s family will be threatened. My god.:rolleyes:

Fact is, if he doesn't finish his KHL contract Bettman wont allow him to play in the NHL. There’s nothing more to it than that.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
It's pretty obvious that Kravtsov isn't interested in coming back to NA to play in the AHL.....as I understand it, he already declined to go the AHL a couple of times when he was with the Rangers.

So it's the NHL or the KHL for Kravtsov......If he does come back and can't make the Canucks lineup again in the future, then he probably finishes his career in the KHL.
2 points

1 - He had the option to play in the KHL, where he would get paid way more money. He did play 39 games in the AHL, then jumped to the KHL.

2 - If he signs with the Canucks, 2 points. One - he can get a 2 way deal that allows him to get paid just as well in the AHL as he would in Russia. Or close. Two - doubtful that they will send him to Abby, because I am pretty sure he would have to clear waivers, and surely some on would take a skilled player like this on a flyer. SJ or Chic etc.

Kravtsov is a hockey player, not some double agent spy.
Nobody’s family will be threatened. My god.:rolleyes:

Fact is, if he doesn't finish his KHL contract Bettman wont allow him to play in the NHL. There’s nothing more to it than that.
We have no idea whether or not he has an out clause for his KHL deal.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
2 points

1 - He had the option to play in the KHL, where he would get paid way more money. He did play 39 games in the AHL, then jumped to the KHL.

2 - If he signs with the Canucks, 2 points. One - he can get a 2 way deal that allows him to get paid just as well in the AHL as he would in Russia. Or close. Two - doubtful that they will send him to Abby, because I am pretty sure he would have to clear waivers, and surely some on would take a skilled player like this on a flyer. SJ or Chic etc.

We have no idea whether or not he has an out clause for his KHL deal.
I'd be shocked if his agent hadn't negotiated an 'out clause' after one year of his KHL contract. I think the Canucks figured all along that they were just sending him to the KHL instead of the AHL for at least one year, so he could earn more money.

Doesn't necessarily mean he will return to NA at the end of this season. But if he didn't at least preserve that option, then his agent has failed him big-time.

Reactions: Chiripa20
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad