Vince McMahon sexual assault lawsuit - John Laurinaitis and WWE named as defendants

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t know how that works. What is considered ‘close’ and who does that leave in charge?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would guess Prichard needs to watch his back. Dunne would have been another but he already left.
Prichard, yes, ‘close to Vince’ has to include Triple H, though, and how far down does that go? Does that mean all of ‘his guys?’ Who is running creative at that point? Shawn? Or is he gone too? I wouldn’t even know who else knows how to do it. Heyman? Jeremy Borash?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Prichard, yes, ‘close to Vince’ has to include Triple H, though, and how far down does that go? Does that mean all of ‘his guys?’ Who is running creative at that point? Shawn? Or is he gone too? I wouldn’t even know who else knows how to do it. Heyman? Jeremy Borash?

HHH has always been painted as outside of Vince's inner circle and he voted along with Steph and Nick Khan to kick Vince out.

I don't think he is who the report is talking about.

Apparently there is some lesser known names that have been close to Vince for a long while, left the company in 2022 when he was forced out, and came back when he forced his way back in.

HHH and Shawn aren't going anywhere unless it comes out they were directly involved in this stuff. They are too well liked inside the company.

Hell there is an expectation now that Steph might come back in some capacity now that Vince is gone.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
HHH has always been painted as outside of Vince's inner circle and he voted along with Steph and Nick Khan to kick Vince out.

Apparently there is some lesser known names that have been close to Vince for a long while, left the company in 2022 when he was forced out, and came back when he forced his way back in.

HHH and Shawn aren't going anywhere unless it comes out they were directly involved in this stuff. They are too well liked inside the company.

Hell there is an expectation now that Steph might come back in some capacity now that Vince is gone.
They’re alluded to as people who may have known and looked past it in the lawsuit as members of the board of directors. I don’t know everything they could’ve done, but depending on what they knew and when they knew it, it’s definitely possible that he, Steph, and Nick Khan could become persona non grata

Reactions: LandfiII

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
thought meltzer had a good take- a lot of people are focusing on if the girl was willingly doing this for awhile but it doesn’t matter if the girl was willingly compliant or if 90% of the stuff is made up. The texts alone are enough to get him shit canned.

And then you see that he’s been making payments to women since the 80s so it makes Janel a lot more believable than Vince

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think it means the board members Vince took back who were previously fired/released. I think everyone you mentioned is safe.

They’re alluded to as people who may have known and looked past it in the lawsuit as members of the board of directors. I don’t know everything they could’ve done, but depending on what they knew and when they knew it, it’s definitely possible that he, Steph, and Nick Khan could become persona non grata
I don't think that's possible at all.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
A reminder:
-Vince still personally owns 34% of TKO
-his estranged wife and daughter still own small percentages
-his son, even though he hasn't been on TV in a long time, is still getting paid as a performer
-his son-in-law and his lackeys who 100% knew exactly what he was doing are still running the company

He may not have the authority to force himself back into an active role anymore but he's still collecting his share of every single dollar that moves through this company and his stink is still all over everything.

HHH, Khan, and Steph all voted (with the rest of the board, it was unanimous) to clear Vince and let him return. All of them knew about this and none of them contacted the victim during their sham investigation even though they all knew who she was.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
A reminder:
-Vince still personally owns 34% of TKO
-his estranged wife and daughter still own small percentages
-his son, even though he hasn't been on TV in a long time, is still getting paid as a performer
-his son-in-law and his lackeys who 100% knew exactly what he was doing are still running the company

He may not have the authority to force himself back into an active role anymore but he's still collecting his share of every single dollar that moves through this company and his stink is still all over everything.

HHH, Khan, and Steph all voted (with the rest of the board, it was unanimous) to clear Vince and let him return. All of them knew about this and none of them contacted the victim during their sham investigation even though they all knew who she was.
Didn't they vote to oust him the last time? IIRC, he had the voting power to overrule the board.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

This will still be news for hardcore wrestling fans in coming days and weeks. But we've gotten the wrap it up signal:laugh:

This has actually been on my local news. The local Fox station in Philly ran it in their open as soon as Smackdown ended.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Didn't they vote to oust him the last time? IIRC, he had the voting power to overrule the board.
He "retired" last time and then they voted to allow him to return. He had the power to overrule the board, but only by unilaterally replacing all of them and he didn't do that. They all just caved and let him come back to save their own jobs.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He "retired" last time and then they voted to allow him to return. He had the power to overrule the board, but only by unilaterally replacing all of them and he didn't do that. They all just caved and let him come back to save their own jobs.
I don't recall it going like that:

In response, the board suggested that McMahon's return would not be in the best interest of WWE because of ongoing investigations into his conduct by the U.S. Attorney's Office and SEC.

There are multiple layers to this whole affair. Earlier this week, McMahon was named executive chairman of WWE’s board of directors. Soon after, Stephanie McMahon resigned from the company, leaving Nick Khan as the sole CEO. The board has changed significantly. And it was no surprise McMahon was unanimously voted to be reappointed as executive chairman, as any potential opposition is no longer part of the board.

Steph quit as a result of his return.

The board attempted to thwart McMahon’s return but clearly was unsuccessful in its attempt. And McMahon did not come back alone. He elected two familiar faces in George Barrios and Michelle Wilson, who were unceremoniously removed as WWE co-presidents and board members in February 2020, to return to the board.

Last edited:

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I believe they did.

People really need to pump up the brakes on calling out "insert name" when they don't have the slightest clue on what is happening then or now. That includes Kevin Dunn's retirement, age aside, which seems a bit fishy to me now.

This has actually been on my local news. The local Fox station in Philly ran it in their open as soon as Smackdown ended.

I believe it.

My point is the prelude to how the rest will go. Problem removed, settlement down the line, the majority moves on. If they haven't already.

Slim Jim already being back on board is hilarious.

Reactions: GKJ

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Can't say I'm surprised about some of the things Vince is alleged to have done and yet I'm a bit surprised by the depravity of some of the acts.

I'm not sure why some would say there is no way Vince could end up in jail. I don't think we have anyway of knowing this at this point in time. Plus there could be new evidence and allegations from other unknown victims in the coming weeks or months ahead.

Offhand, I remember watching that ESPN 30 for 30 special about the XFL 1.0 about 6 or 7 years ago. Ebersol, the head of NBC at the time, and Vince were discussing the league throughout the episode. In an emotional moment, towards the end of the episode, Ebersol said, " Vince, I would let you raise my children." Vince with a tear in his eye said something like, "Thanks, that really means a lot."

Could you imagine someone like Vince McMahon raising your kids?! Imagine all the good values he would instill within them.:rolleyes:

If the inner circle and anyone closely associated with Vince are going to be let go, I would think all the McMahon's, Pritchard, HHH are done. Brock and Laurentius as well.

As for Vince himself, if he does end up in jail, it might not be so bad. With a little luck he might up being a cell mate with his good friend - a friend whose name rhymes with Bottled Rump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad