VII. Texas Stars (AHL) Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Great play to tie the game up on the fake PP! (4 on 4 +1 for Texas with the goalie pulled).

This one's going to OT! :) I was hoping for a nice multiple OT game tonight.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Sorry for no constant updates. My stream was choppy and was not being great. Texas played pretty well for being in OKC. Campbell made some good saves with the two against him not being really his fault.

Troock looked decent and not out of place. Maybe a tad bit unnoticable. It'll be good for Ritchie to get back.

Texas can finish OKC off Wednesday and get the monkey off its back that is OKC in the playoffs!

Can't wait!

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
QUOTE=Stars99Lobo37;84156867]They use to get huge crowd with the Blazers.

The Thunder coming in really hurt hockey in OKC IMO.[/QUOTE]

Blazers sucking badly hurt attendance and then they had no team for a couple of years and then the Thunder came in with a winning team and you basically destroy the hockey culture in OKC.

It also doesn't help that their affiliate is Edmonton when most sports fans in Oklahoma look towards Dallas for pro teams.

These two games averaged 1500 people. If we get twice that Wednesday in CPC then we've failed.

I'll say this about the Austin area, they have a fairly good hockey culture for its size and location.

And for the earlier question about the eligibility of Dallas guys, only Nemeth and Mueller could come down iirc.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Just a question (I'm in no way anywhere knowledgable about the AHL/NHL eligibility)
But is Sceviour and Nemeth eligible to go back down to play for the Texas Stars in the playoffs if Dallas loses against the Ducks?
Oh, and of course, if they would be, would they even send them back down?

More general, when is a player eligible to play in the AHL playoffs? So I know in the future :P

Thanks guys! :)
Sceviour would require waivers to return to the AHL and he would be claimed so that's not an option. Nemeth could be returned to Texas without waivers. How healthy he is could impact whether or not they'd choose to extend his season. Waivers are complicated but suffice it to say Nemeth is on his ELC and hasn't played enough NHL games to require waivers whereas Sceviour is on his 4th contract. This goes back to the whole drama over the season of why they wouldn't call him up and why he got sent down despite being a better player than several on the roster.

MetalGodAOD*

Sceviour would require waivers to return to the AHL and he would be claimed so that's not an option. Nemeth could be returned to Texas without waivers. How healthy he is could impact whether or not they'd choose to extend his season. Waivers are complicated but suffice it to say Nemeth is on his ELC and hasn't played enough NHL games to require waivers whereas Sceviour is on his 4th contract. This goes back to the whole drama over the season of why they wouldn't call him up and why he got sent down despite being a better player than several on the roster.

Here's a good summary:

http://www.100degreehockey.com/2014/04/no-colton-sceviour-is-not-coming-back.html

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Just watched the highlights....what a shot by Morin on his goal, wow. Also Campbell probably should've had the 2nd one.

Pretty wrap around on the winner. Finish em on Wednesday.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
They use to get huge crowd with the Blazers.

The Thunder coming in really hurt hockey in OKC IMO.

Blazers sucking badly hurt attendance and then they had no team for a couple of years and then the Thunder came in with a winning team and you basically destroy the hockey culture in OKC.

Even when the Blazers were bad (which they definitely were in their last years), they still never dropped below 6,500. They were the 9,000 crowds obviously they were known for but that's still a solid number for third tier (at the time I'd put the CHL on that level) hockey in Oklahoma. Heck, their last year when they were their worst was the only year they didn't average at least in the 8,000s.

But yea, having no team so they could go the AHL route adding in the Thunder, just a disaster for hockey in the area.

TestGrave

Nov 30, 2013
Central Florida

Thank you guys! :)

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
So if Nemeth were to be returned, would the Oleksiak-Nemeth pairing be reunited?

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Well, general consensus is that Nemeth, Mueller, and Jeffery returns. Glennie will be back from suspension so no doubt those three will be reunited.

How the defense goes depends on if Gaunce is healthy. Nemeth is either paired with Oleksiak or Jokipakka. I have a feeling Gaunce will be out Wednesday.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
This is official but it still sucks:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Stars place D.Jeffrey and C.Mueller on waivers.

Jeffrey is going to push out a young guy for sure. I'm assuming Ranford has essentially secured top line RW with his play while Hulak has been hurt. Next question is does Peters or Faksa get pushed out. I think Faksa has looked excellent.

McKenzie-Morin-Ranford
Hedden-Dowling-Ritchie*
Jeffrey-Mueller-Glennie
Henderson/Petersen-Faksa/Peters-Stransky/Vause

I think they go with Henderson-Faksa-Stransky.

*Assuming he's healthy soon ... please.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Well, time to take advantage of my Hockeystreams subscription and watch Texas' run to the Cup. Let's go Stars!

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'm just wondering if like Dillion who mainly played LD last year, but played mostly RD this year and didn't look as good as he did last year

I would assume he goes back to LD. Nemeth played RD in Sweden and some in the AHL.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
G is right on Oleksiak. Switched between the two and I want to say mostly LD with Nemeth. Thinking back (it's hard to do right now) I want to say he's been mainly LD.

I'm on the same mindset on the lines too. I think Faksa has outplayed Peters and the chemistry with Stransky and Henderson has worked itself out for the better.

As for Ritchie. No word from the bloggers/media. I know he can walk just fine but is being made to use crutches probably out of precautionary reasons. I can see them sitting him Wednesday since it's not a must win and they've played ok with him out. Add to that with Mueller and Jeffery coming back the need is less.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
So I hope I'm not reading too much into this but Jeffery and Mueller reassigned back to Texas but Nemeth not yet reassigned.

Asked Stepneski on twitter on word if Nemeth will be.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Sean Shapiro ‏@seanshapiro

Looks like Gaunce (injury), Glennie (suspension), Mueller (callup) & Jeffrey (callup) will all play in Game 3 tonight for #txstars.

Ain't that a ***** for the rest of the league.

Texas essentially just add a line tonight that could be most AHL team's number 1 line 3 games into the playoffs.

Jeffrey-Mueller-Glennie

I guess since he wasn't mentioned, Ritchie is still out.

As for Nemeth, you can't assign an injured layer to the AHL during the season (assume that's true even in the post-season) so I'd agree the issue that popped up in Game 4 is probably still bothering him.

If he and Ritchie can both make it back to Round 2 (maybe a bit ahead of myself, but trust TX can win 1 of 3 home games .. hope that doesn't bite me in the ass), TX would be stacked with essentially three #1 scoring lines and above average defense and goaltending.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Shapiro just did the lines, looks like Glennie is with Dowling and Petersen is with Jeffery-Mueller.

Hoping Ritchie will be back soon also. Same with Nemeth. Hopefully with Mueller back that'll kick start the power play which has been down the last few games.

Excited for tonight. Not looking past this series until it's done.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Is there some reason they're enamored with Peterson rather than giving one of the "real" prospects a chance? Not a fan of that coach's decision. Also is Nilstorp in net tonight? If they're swapping every other game it'd be his turn right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad