OT: Video Game Thread Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Black Myth: Wukong looks pretty promising.
Definitely getting that when it goes on sale in a few months. The combat and graphics look phenomenal.

TB87

May 30, 2018
FF VII Rebirth’s Cactuar Gates are the games real villain. Sephiroth is the secondary villain

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Any of yall get into Deadlock? Hoping to grab an invite haha. Unlimited invites to those who do get in to friends.

Edit: literally
Right after I post this I get an invite lol.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
@FLYguy3911 how long ago did you quit FC?
I took like a month off after college football came out. I haven’t really played much. I haven’t touched champs and only played rivals once but I still collect cards when I’m bored.

I think EA wants me back playing. I pulled this bad boy today from squad battle rewards. 15 mill extinct. :laugh:

IMG_4183.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I took like a month off after college football came out. I haven’t really played much. I haven’t touched champs and only played rivals once but I still collect cards when I’m bored.

I think EA wants me back playing. I pulled this bad boy today from squad battle rewards. 15 mill extinct. :laugh:

View attachment 905817
:laugh: Yeah I haven’t been playing that much either. Just what was required to complete worthwhile objectives or for rewards. Been spending much more time on the app.
IMG_2739.jpeg
IMG_2740.jpeg
IMG_2741.jpeg

Reactions: FLYguy3911

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
:laugh: Yeah I haven’t been playing that much either. Just what was required to complete worthwhile objectives or for rewards. Been spending much more time on the app.View attachment 905843View attachment 905844View attachment 905845
Holy f*** :laugh:

Player picks or 85x10s? I was grinding the shit out of those Euro/Copa player picks but kept getting so many dupes I kinda gave up.

IMG_4184.jpeg

IMG_4185.jpeg

IMG_4186.jpeg

Neymar is the loan but I may just buy him since I can’t roll coins over. I just got Palmer and Mendy this morning after stomping bots in Draft. Surprised they are still so much.

I guess I can get Mbappe now, but I hate grinding those big SBCs this late.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Holy f*** :laugh:

Player picks or 85x10s? I was grinding the shit out of those Euro/Copa player picks but kept getting so many dupes I kinda gave up.

View attachment 905849
View attachment 905850
View attachment 905851

Neymar is the loan but I may just buy him since I can’t roll coins over. I just got Palmer and Mendy this morning after stomping bots in Draft. Surprised they are still so much.

I guess I can get Mbappe now, but I hate grinding those big SBCs this late.
Yeah, 95% was grinding 85x10s and 84x10s. I had the same dupe issue with the picks.

It just sucks this is all so late and I had to miss the last two weeks of games. But it’s still fun to collect.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah, 95% was grinding 85x10s and 84x10s. I had the same dupe issue with the picks.

It just sucks this is all so late and I had to miss the last two weeks of games. But it’s still fun to collect.
I did Mbappe last night. I think EA is done with SBCs on '24 now. :laugh:

TB87

May 30, 2018

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Probably. What else is there? :laugh:

Did you try the 25 beta?

I can’t tell if it feels weird because it’s different or because I’m just used to using insane cards for months.
I played like two games. Yeah, probably has to do with the low rated cards and not having the settings and meta tactics sorted.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
PS5 Pro will still probably sell a decent amount of units. Even at that price point. I’m not getting it though. That’s a lot for a mid-gen upgrade.

Anyways, if I’m gonna splurge on a high-end gaming platform it’d be for a PC. Curious about your guys thoughts on this one?
Look around..I am sure you can find that cheaper..even if you don't want to build it yourself

TB87

May 30, 2018
Look around..I am sure you can find that cheaper..even if you don't want to build it yourself

Any suggestions on where I can find it cheaper? I haven’t bought a gaming PC in a very, very long time so I have no idea where to look. I don’t know how to build them either.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Anyways, if I’m gonna splurge on a high-end gaming platform it’d be for a PC. Curious about your guys thoughts on this one?

PC is the way to go. What type of games do you want to play and at what resolution? Budget needs to include a monitor capable of such things.

Your money will go further if you’re willing to build it, but pre-fabs are also fine. They just tend to cut corners in some areas. I promise you that you can build it. You just have to want to do so.

Reactions: Hakroach

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Reactions: TB87

TB87

May 30, 2018
PC is the way to go. What type of games do you want to play and at what resolution? Budget needs to include a monitor capable of such things.

Your money will go further if you’re willing to build it, but pre-fabs are also fine. They just tend to cut corners in some areas. I promise you that you can build it. You just have to want to do so.

- I prefer single player ARPG’s and just RPG’s in general. Co-op is fun too
- Best possible resolution & monitor is my preference
- Where can I find parts and guides on how to build a PC?

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
- I prefer single player ARPG’s and just RPG’s in general. Co-op is fun too
- Best possible resolution & monitor is my preference
- Where can I find parts and guides on how to build a PC?

AAA games like the Souls series?

Best possible resolution is 4k for all intents and purposes. Best monitor is complicated and hilariously expensive if you want it to be. Some people will literally use a 65-75” OLED tv as a monitor. Some people like curved ultra wide screens. Some just want something in the 27-29” range and flat, but nice. Then you get to determine how many monitors you want. My personal PC has 3. My wife’s has 4. Both configurations are one nice monitor and then dirt cheap secondaries.

You also have the option of going higher than 60 fps with a PC. It’s personal preference as to what looks better to your eyes. I prefer 1440p at 144 or 240 fps to 4k at 60 fps. Plenty of people will say the latter looks better. It’s a question of general sharpness (resolution) vs motion blur (frame rate).

Napkin math — a top of the line 27” OLED 1440p 240hz is $700ish, a more budget 27” 4k option would be $400-500ish, and a top of the line 32” QLED 4k 240hz is $1300ish. If you wanted to go Ultrawide, I think the usual suggestion is still the one my wife has, which would be $700ish for a 34” 1440p 165 hz.

I will get back to you tomorrow with some vids and such. In general, Gamers Nexus is the most reliable single outlet in all of tech media. Impeccable research and ethics. Trust their benchmarks for GPUs, CPUs, and cases. They’ve also been doing a bunch of prebuilt reviews. I like Hardware Unboxed for monitors.

If you want to look at parts, just use https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ because it tells you about almost all potential conflicts once you add them to the build.

*Edit* You can also build an entire PC for under 1k and it will be very nice. It just won’t be in 4k. This is why I asked questions first.

Last edited:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
AAA games like the Souls series?

Best possible resolution is 4k for all intents and purposes. Best monitor is complicated and hilariously expensive if you want it to be. Some people will literally use a 65-75” OLED tv as a monitor. Some people like curved ultra wide screens. Some just want something in the 27-29” range and flat, but nice. Then you get to determine how many monitors you want. My personal PC has 3. My wife’s has 4. Both configurations are one nice monitor and then dirt cheap secondaries.

You also have the option of going higher than 60 fps with a PC. It’s personal preference as to what looks better to your eyes. I prefer 1440p at 144 or 240 fps to 4k at 60 fps. Plenty of people will say the latter looks better. It’s a question of general sharpness (resolution) vs motion blur (frame rate).

Napkin math — a top of the line 27” OLED 1440p 240hz is $700ish, a more budget 27” 4k option would be $400-500ish, and a top of the line 32” QLED 4k 240hz is $1300ish. If you wanted to go Ultrawide, I think the usual suggestion is still the one my wife has, which would be $700ish for a 34” 1440p 165 hz.

I will get back to you tomorrow with some vids and such. In general, Gamers Nexus is the most reliable single outlet in all of tech media. Impeccable research and ethics. Trust their benchmarks for GPUs, CPUs, and cases. They’ve also been doing a bunch of prebuilt reviews. I like Hardware Unboxed for monitors.

If you want to look at parts, just use https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ because it tells you about almost all potential conflicts once you add them to the build.

*Edit* You can also build an entire PC for under 1k and it will be very nice. It just won’t be in 4k. This is why I asked questions first. Don't forget RGB lights. Lots of RGB lights.

Fixed it for you Jojo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad