OT: Video Game Talk (oh, also the Week before the All-Star Break Pre-Game Talk "archive")

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Crossposting this here to laugh at Risto

I almost, almost considered buying this. I never buy games at launch and I definitely never buy digital games at full price.

My favourite part is unquestionably the size - 62.87GB for this on Steam. For two PS2 games.
Oh, I suck, I don't play online. I'm having the time of my life. It's just like it used to be.

You know, maybe the happiness thing is on to something.

Reactions: Avs91

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
So far I've put about 60hrs into FF7 Rebirth and I've enjoyed it quite a bit for the most part. But MAN does it come to a grinding halt during chapter 11. That sequence alone nearly took me completely out of the game. I've still got a couple more chapters to go, but I think it's safe to say that Infinite Wealth is the better game IMO.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I've been playing Cyberpunk. It's been... an experience. *LOL* Don't know if it's a bug or not, but no matter where I go, no matter what I do, you can hear some woman in the background getting off very loudly. Other than that basically forcing me to turn the volume off after about 30 minutes, I've been enjoying the missions and gameplay. Lots of varied side stuff to explore, I can see why folks liked it so much.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I've been playing Cyberpunk. It's been... an experience. *LOL* Don't know if it's a bug or not, but no matter where I go, no matter what I do, you can hear some woman in the background getting off very loudly. Other than that basically forcing me to turn the volume off after about 30 minutes, I've been enjoying the missions and gameplay. Lots of varied side stuff to explore, I can see why folks liked it so much.
It's a very loud in game ad that gets blasted all over the city. Cyberpunk is very much a game I recommend playing with headphones.

• Haha
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Too bad Dogma 2 has piss poor performance. Very enjoyable, but nearly unplayable without a beastly PC and even then it doesn´t run that well with the poor optimization.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Onto my 4th - 5th run through of BG3 (beautiful game)

Back to WOW again.

Uninstalled SWTOR (Oceanic servers too quiet)

Playing D4 from time to time.

Waiting for Ashes if Creation.

Reactions: The Merchant

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I'm a solid 10 or so hours into Shadow of the Erdtree and so far it's exactly what you would want it to be...more Elden Ring. Some new weapons and abilities really encourage you to try new builds and experiment. It also goes without saying that the bosses, level design, music and environments continue to be top-notch. Jumping back into this world has felt so damn good.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Has anyone picked up anything good on the Steam summer sale yet?

I'm not seeing anything that is really jumping out at me this time around.
I bought a bunch of stuff. I got the Metal gear master collection vol 1, Sand Land, Enter the Gungeon, Mass effect Legendary edition, Metal Wolf XD, Blaster Master 2 and Blaster Master 3. All have been sitting on my wishlist for a while now, and this just gave me good excuse to go a little nuts. I'm still playing FF7 rebirth right now, but I plan to play Sand Land after I finish it. I've had a strong craving to play that game since Akira Toriyama passed away. I'm hoping it'll pump me full of nostalgia.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
I bought a few older games on the steam sale so far.

Half life 2 orange box for like $2. Hadnt played the DLC before so its been fun reliving that series from when I was a kid and seeing the story continue a bit. Also got Portal 2

Grabbed Dishonored for dirt cheap since I've always heard great things about it and so far it seems good and up my ally, prob will get the 2nd one too.

Plan on getting Doom 2016 and Prey as well. Figure for like $15 total for all these games above I can't go wrong.

Might need to sprinkle in some different genres now that I look at my list though lol.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Kinda wanna get Crash Team Racing and Spyro again. I've of course had them on every previous console, but not the PS5 yet.

Also, unfortunately NHL24 is game of the month, so I've been updating the rosters. Any day now I'm ready to start being annoyed by the gameplay.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I bought a bunch of stuff. I got the Metal gear master collection vol 1, Sand Land, Enter the Gungeon, Mass effect Legendary edition, Metal Wolf XD, Blaster Master 2 and Blaster Master 3. All have been sitting on my wishlist for a while now, and this just gave me good excuse to go a little nuts. I'm still playing FF7 rebirth right now, but I plan to play Sand Land after I finish it. I've had a strong craving to play that game since Akira Toriyama passed away. I'm hoping it'll pump me full of nostalgia.
Enter the Gungeon is generally acknowledged as the one of the best roguelikes, and yet I still think it's underrated. It probably takes a 10-20 runs to really get into it, but once it clicks, it feels really good

Reactions: sethro109

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Enter the Gungeon is generally acknowledged as the one of the best roguelikes, and yet I still think it's underrated. It probably takes a 10-20 runs to really get into it, but once it clicks, it feels really good
I played it for a little while a few years ago when it was on gamepass, but it left when I was only a few hours into it. So I threw it on my steam wishlist and was waiting for a good sale. For $5 bucks, I figured this was a great time to get back into it. It's also nice to have a good rougelike to just pick up and do a quick run in, every now and then.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Enter a Gungan? Nah.
How can you possibly say no to this?
Screenshot 2024-07-06 040351.png

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I finally finished TotK and damn it was amazing. A huge upgrade on BotW on everything except combat, which really lets it down and probably prevents it from being perfect. Also, the story is so much better as well.

I am now playing SW: Fallen Order and so far the aesthetics are amazing but some of the stupidest character movements I have seen. It doesn't make the game unplayable but makes me ask questions about why they didn't allow the player to choose its camera sensitivity option lol.
I'm a solid 10 or so hours into Shadow of the Erdtree and so far it's exactly what you would want it to be...more Elden Ring. Some new weapons and abilities really encourage you to try new builds and experiment. It also goes without saying that the bosses, level design, music and environments continue to be top-notch. Jumping back into this world has felt so damn good.
Curious question, is the game worth getting (Elden Ring that is)? I never played a game from FromSoftware in my life and only played like 2 hours of Bloodbourne before I dropped it. I didn't hate it, but I am not in the mood to spend constant reloading/dying to eventually get good at something. I feel Elden Ring is sort of similar, but what appeals is the open-world concept where if something is too challenging, I can come back to it which I couldn't do with Bloodbourne.

Has anyone picked up anything good on the Steam summer sale yet?

I'm not seeing anything that is really jumping out at me this time around.
Not a baseball fan by any means, but I think I might get OOPT baseball and maybe Franchise Hockey Manager (not sure yet). And @sethro109 mentioned that Mass Effect: Legendary Edition is only six bucks. That is many hours of gameplay for only six dollars.

Grabbed Dishonored for dirt cheap since I've always heard great things about it and so far it seems good and up my ally, prob will get the 2nd one too.
Dishonoured is fantastic, definitely try to play the entire series because I don't think there is a bad game of the bunch in a very unique universe. I definitely loved II personally.

E: Damn, your post makes me really want to replay it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad