Player Discussion Victor Mete

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The best thing to do for his development?

• Bring him to London

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Bring him back with the first team

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Yeah he is but he has work to do on his **** he is still 19 don’t rush him . Reilly has some ahl seasoning
Hes NHL ready as everyone can see it. He can work on his shot during the summer and can still develop that as the seasons go by.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Mete's shot will never be an asset.

He just has to work on keeping it low for tips or getting it through traffic. That's how he can be a more effective defenceman.

If you don't have a NHL shot by the time you're drafted, you're not going to develop one. I can't really think of one good example, the only examples I can find are players who already had a good shot who scored more by increasing the volume of their shots.

Sand94

Oct 5, 2017

He just has to work on keeping it low for tips or getting it through traffic. That's how he can be a more effective defenceman.

If you don't have a NHL shot by the time you're drafted, you're not going to develop one. I can't really think of one good example, the only examples I can find are players who already had a good shot who scored more by increasing the volume of their shots.
I think you’re mistaking “asset” with “weapon”. No his shot will never be a cannon, nor will he pick goalies apart with precision, however right now the kid almost never shoots, doesn’t have anything close to a one-timer and is almost always looking for a pass. If he can work in his shot to at least have it be an option, then it’ll do wonders for him and for the team. Right now he looks like Scott Gomez taking shots from back there.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Sheldon souray always had a cannon, but the accuracy only to came to him after his wrist surgeries. It was bizarre to watch because I tend to remember him constantly missing the net in his younger days.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Can mete even go to Ahl ? Does he not have to back to junior or has he aged out ?

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I dont understand what you guys saw in Mete to think that he should be sent to the ahl...

He has to work on his shot

He better face bigger guys, he will get better playing in the ahl . If he dominates you call him up

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
He has to work on his shot

He better face bigger guys, he will get better playing in the ahl . If he dominates you call him up

His shot won't improve if he plays in the ahl instead of the nhl.
To improve it, he needs to work on it during the summer.

If the reason is so he faces bigger guys, then theres no better place than the nhl.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
His shot won't improve if he plays in the ahl instead of the nhl.
To improve it, he needs to work on it during the summer.

If the reason is so he faces bigger guys, then theres no better place than the nhl.

Even the best in the game went through the ahl even subban

It’s no joke league and since he is small it would help him . If he is that good he will get called up but he will realize it’s not kingergarden anymore

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Even the best in the game went through the ahl even subban

It’s no joke league and since he is small it would help him . If he is that good he will get called up but he will realize it’s not kingergarden anymore

Theres a huge difference between going from junior to ahl vs nhl to ahl.
It could destroy Mete's confidence and motivation if he is send to the ahl after he spent the whole year in the nhl.

Furthermore, Mete has looked good in the nhl. He was easily our 3rd best D.

Anyway, no point in continuing to talk about this since the chance of Mete being sent to the ahl is about 0.0000001%

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
We'll have to see what happens this summer and at camp, he certainly has more the .00000001 % chance to be sent down. He badly needs to improve his offensive game, same for Juulsen.

The management said they want to make the playoffs. So unless we acquire 2 better LD than Mete, there is no chance he is being send down.

He can develop his offensive game in the nhl. His offense will come through his ability to transition the puck. He's not a offensive D like Subban or Sergachev.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
I think most people expect Mete to become something he's not... He's a two-way D, he'll never be an offensive dynamo with a bullet of a shot. That being said, he can easily play on the 2nd PP wave and move the puck efficiently but people expecting more than 25-30 points per season will be disappointed...

He does need to improve his shot though. But his on-ice vision is great, and his defensive game will improve.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The management said they want to make the playoffs. So unless we acquire 2 better LD than Mete, there is no chance he is being send down.

He can develop his offensive game in the nhl. His offense will come through his ability to transition the puck. He's not a offensive D like Subban or Sergachev.

who cares what management says, they also said we had a better defense then last year and look how that turned out. Weber has played 26 games yet he's 2nd on the team in scoring for defensemen.

He needs to get stronger, work on his shot and improve his overall offensive game. He can do that in the AHL and if somehow Lefebvre is fired I would certainly send him there regardless if he's better or not then the rest of our defense. He's far from a Subban/Sergachev but if he's going to play in the top 4 he's got to produce down the road if we ever turn into a legit contender at least.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I dont understand what you guys saw in Mete to think that he should be sent to the ahl...
The only time where I noticed that things didn't work out for him was in St. Louis. Right before the World juniors. There was a video, Joel Bouchard (Armada Bois-Briand) was talking about how Mete was joining the WJHC and .... all the highlights they showed were giveaways or bad plays. I was shocked. lol
If I find it, I'll add it. It's French BUT the eyes show the truth.
Found it == how could they show these as highlights.... ???
get to the 36 seconds mark
Victor Mete aidera grandement ÉCJ - TVA Sports

After he returned from the junior tournament, he was more confident (as he played with lower competition and excelled) he kept on playing good until he got injured.
He is NHL ready in my opinion. Maybe we can argue whether he was ready or not early on... but he is now!

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
who cares what management says, they also said we had a better defense then last year and look how that turned out. Weber has played 26 games yet he's 2nd on the team in scoring for defensemen.

He needs to get stronger, work on his shot and improve his overall offensive game. He can do that in the AHL and if somehow Lefebvre is fired I would certainly send him there regardless if he's better or not then the rest of our defense. He's far from a Subban/Sergachev but if he's going to play in the top 4 he's got to produce down the road if we ever turn into a legit contender at least.

What the management says matter since they are the one making the decision on Mete.
The management wants to make the playoffs, and not having Mete hurts those chance. Mete is our best LD after all.

Getting stronger and working on his shot are mostly done during the summer.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Theres a huge difference between going from junior to ahl vs nhl to ahl.
It could destroy Mete's confidence and motivation if he is send to the ahl after he spent the whole year in the nhl.

Didn't seem to harm Niederreiter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad