Claimed off Waivers: [VGK] Golden Knights claim F Raphael Lavoie off waivers from the Oilers

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
He just turned 24 two weeks ago. Drafted 38th overall by the Oilers in 2019. Oilers mgmt doing a great job cleaning out their young prospect cupboard. Probably just figured, due to his young age, he just wasn't a good fit in the locker room. 40 year old Perry just couldn't relate to him.
The jagr signing is going to be tremendous.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Tyler Wright also ruined the beginning stages of the Red Wings rebuild so I get it @ChaoticOrange
amazing he got to walk right into the same job after proving beyond a doubt he was f***ing terrible at it in Detroit

I did notice Philp and Lavoie do well in the preseason. Surprised but not surprised Oilers brass chose Ryan/Perry over the younger players.
Philp will be back before long. He took all of last year off dealing with some personal stuff so it's likely the organization wants to give him a bit to get up to speed. He'll be the everyday 4C by christmas.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
How old is our roster again?lol

For me, I will be following Yam (2way), JP and Lavoie (2 way) to see who gets the most points this season. I'd say JP has the best chance as he's starting in NHL but I am curious how it plays out for those 3. Actually, I'll add in Holloway too!

My guess
1. Hollo
2. JP
3. Yam
4. Lavoie

Of all the young players Edmonton has given up on I can't recall a single one that has pissed a drop on another team. Not like the days of losing Miroslov Satan and

1. Ethan Bear
2. Yamamoto
4. Lagesson
5. PUljujarvi
6. Caleb Jones

Jury is out on.
1. Reid Schaffer - Young, still lots of deliberation
2. Kesselring - I hear he's done quite will for himself in Arizona so maybe him?
3. Holloway - I'm really interested to see how he does with a much weaker forward depth team. Unique circumstance though.
4. Broberg - Another player I'm interested to see for obvious reasons. Unique circumstance though.
5. Bourgault - I'd be surprised if he amounts to anything in the NHL.

This list is more of a shot at Edmonton's piss poor drafting and development. They've sucked balls at it for the last 20 years.
We produce shit.. you should stay away from our young players haha.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
The jagr signing is going to be tremendous.

The JJ year where the Oilers signed Jussi Jokinen and Flames signed Jaromir Jagr is still one of the strangest coincidences I've encountered as a hockey fan/rival fan.

It's up there with the Kris crossed year for Versteeg and Russell swap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad