Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] D Shea Theodore signs extension with the Golden Knights (7 years, $7.425M AAV)

Raccoon Jesus

We were right there
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Great deal in today's market. He could've fetched around 8.5-8.7, maybe even 9 to a team desperate enough for a guy like him.

I thought for sure he was crusing for 7x9 or 8x8 based on comps even at his age

nice price to pay for a guy to settle into his situation with family as well, great deal for both imo

...Till VGK ruthlessly cuts his ass in year 5 :naughty:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I don't like players taking pay cuts. I just don't think that that's right. I feel like Vegas is taking advantage of the fact that he wants to stay.

• Haha
Reactions: OKR

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Tax rate in his favor, especially with more than half coming from the signing bonus. Shea probably could have squeezed a little more to the 8m range, but this is comparable to getting a much higher deal in a higher tax market, and even more from those teams matching the signing bonus.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I assume he has a full NTC.
Does Hertl still have his trade protection? Or did he lose that when he was moved? If he does, then it's only Karlsson and Barbashev remaining with significant cap hits and limited trade protection.

15 team NTC last 2 years.

Hertl keeps his trade protection.

Tax rate in his favor, especially with more than half coming from the signing bonus. Shea probably could have squeezed a little more to the 8m range, but this is comparable to getting a much higher deal in a higher tax market, and even more from those teams matching the signing bonus.

That's the key... the taxes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad