Pre-Game Talk: Vegas vs Toronto (tuesday game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Now that that tuesday gezame y'all! We still thuggin! WHAT!!!! They ain't no gangsta, we is. They ain't no reaves anymore... WE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

ps remember that "Angel heart" film by Alan Parker. The man Mickey Rourke says in that..."You know what day today is? It's wednesday, its anything can happen day!" But yeah, that day..is after this tuesday sire.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Got a bad feeling this one might get ugly for us .. but who knows we have so much skill in a soft game then we got a chance .. it all depends on how hard Vegas decides to play us .. really hard game to predict

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
If the Leafs play hard the entire game we should win……..but who knows

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
I always love me some late games. The wife and kids are in bed, and hockey absorption in peace and quiet is in full effect.

Leafs, Raptors, Olympics, whatever - I love late night sports. For some reason it's very relaxing. Well, usually relaxing, perhaps not when they're blowing a 4-1 lead! (EDIT: So that wasn't a late game, but let's not do it again).

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Nylander Tavares 7 game streaks snapped, let’s see them come out hungry want to make another one
Campbell was subpar statistically speaking compared to his standards, let’s get back to mr .930+.
Matthews should keep up the beast he unleashed himself
Liljegren should slot in for dermott IMO, dermott was not good from my memory of last game, which I am actively trying to forget, but to no avail.

this game is gonna be tricky. This ain’t the same team we spanked 4-1 or 4-0. They are better, faster, more dynamic offensively and playing with juice. Can’t get caught lacking in the start or we will have to play from being down. But from last game, maybe that isn’t such a bad thing:naughty:

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Absolutely amped for these 2 games coming up. Got Wednesday off work, I can stay up late and catch this one and then the Coyotes game. Hoping JT/Nylander can back to form, Willy looked ok last game but just gotta bury some chances

Reactions: Anthrax442

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
Excited for this game, even though I'll only be able to watch the 1st period, 11pm start is a killer. I think if the Leafs are on their game they can compete with anyone. There was a lot of people thinking the AVs would spank them and it turned out that it was a super close game and they only won with a lot of help from their friends (refs).

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Excited for this game, even though I'll only be able to watch the 1st period, 11pm start is a killer. I think if the Leafs are on their game they can compete with anyone. There was a lot of people thinking the AVs would spank them and it turned out that it was a super close game and they only won with a lot of help from their friends (refs).

We're one of the best teams in the league, of course we can compete with anyone. We will also have our ups and downs, just like any other team. Last 2 games we haven't been at our best (though not terrible), hoping for a better effort tomorrow.

Late start sucks for me too but this game is interesting enough that I just might record it, avoid the news and watch Wednesday night. GLG!!

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I don't know why -- well, actually I do considering their instant success -- but Vegas is one of my least favourite teams in the league. Would love nothing more than the boys to paste them.

In saying that, would love to see a Leaf game there in the coming years. My goodness does the whole atmosphere and production of the game look amazing.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Kase back on the top line in practice.

Marner, Engvall still out.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Kase back on the top line in practice.

Marner, Engvall still out.

Sad but expected.

I'm sure the media will start any second now drooling on about how brave the team is after getting hit by Covid so hard. :sarcasm:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We're one of the best teams in the league, of course we can compete with anyone. We will also have our ups and downs, just like any other team. Last 2 games we haven't been at our best (though not terrible), hoping for a better effort tomorrow.

Late start sucks for me too but this game is interesting enough that I just might record it, avoid the news and watch Wednesday night. GLG!!

But Wednesday is Arizona

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
It’s crazy you can get an infraction and not be able to respond to the person or even know who infracted you. It’s a way the Mods can hide behind a general account and yet not be accountable. There’s a few that hold others to different rules and I’ve caught on that some take their Leafs hate out on us. Even our team forum is moderated very different from the others (I don’t mind ours tbh). It’s hilarious that I’ve seen a few Mods get called out for trolling us. The backpedaling was entertaining.

Yeah, I hate how the same guys show up on our boards after every loss and bash the team in the PGT. I have my own conspiracy theories regarding a few posters :laugh: But i'll keep them to myself.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
The wild card is the goals against.

Anyone keeping track of the goals against without Marner? If not, don't ruin your day by looking.

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains

Wish I had the will power, I'll be checking the updates on my phone in the middle of the night... :laugh:

Reactions: Gary Nylund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad