Seravalli: Vegas interested in Fleury reunion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
At some point here Vegas is going to need to start developing their own players that they drafted, right? They can't continue to just subsist on UFAs and trades....at some point this is all going to catch up with them.

The tail end of the Stone and Petro deals are going to be ugly any way you slice it. They have to maximize this window of the next 3-4 years before Eichel/Theo/Marchessault/Karlsson need new deals.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think if Fleury likes the team and the city he can set aside any issues he has with management for a few months. Especially if the alternative destination is DC.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
22-11-12-07.gif

ezgif-7-9129021c58.gif

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
If they can get away with LTIRing Lehner and Stone until the playoffs
Dumping Broissont+ for Fluery at 50%
Dumping Dadonov somewhere
And roll into the playoffs with:

Pacioretty - Eichel - Stone
Marchessault - Karlsson - Smith
Carrier - Stephenson - Patrick
xxxx - Roy - Kolesar

Martinez - Pietrangelo
Hague - Theodore
McNabb - Whitecloud

Fleury
Lehner

then idk man. they gotta be favorites.

Last edited:

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
And someone just posted this on the Stars board: Jeff Marek apparently said that Vegas has been trying for Radek Faksa from Dallas or has tried

Where exactly are they getting this space?

Now that would be really weird considering he'd be 5th on the center depth chart for Vegas. His cap would be doable if Dadonov got moved, but I'm not sure I see the fit.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Awkward..

I’m sure Fleury would be open to go back despite being unceremoniously dumped, I don’t he really is excited about going anywhere besides Vegas or Pittsburgh.
Why Pittsburgh you don’t think he would want to end his career where it started. Crosby Malkin Letang and him play out the next 3 seasons together he would be great insuarance for Tristan

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Now that would be really weird considering he'd be 5th on the center depth chart for Vegas. His cap would be doable if Dadonov got moved, but I'm not sure I see the fit.

He's not really cheap either salary wise. Would be a lot of money for a 3rd/4th liner on a team that can't afford it right now

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
So Vegas is going to be running 20-30 million in LTIR until the playoffs when everyone will become healthy again?
Give me a frigging break, there should be a limit for teams that can still ice a full roster.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
MAF thought process:

"You guys really screwed me over this off season & you want me to come back? Ballsy I have to admit... Let's see, I go back & play in critical games for them. I've got my name on The Cup multiple times.... Ooops, I just barely missed that puck & got scored on again. Ooops, missed another on. I'm sorry, I don't know why I can't stop anything. Ooops..."

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Vegas was always going to move MAF that's what a salary cap promotes parity. Sure they would have loved to have kept him but having lehner a younger goalie was a simple choice. Chicago took MAF full contract in which what other teams could have done that and at least on paper have been competitive?

Now will MAF consider vegas possibly but I'm sure the price will be high , remember Washington made a full court press to acquire MAF so with that in mind chicago as much as they will try to accommodate MAF they can still do what's best for their own future.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
At some point you kind of have to take a step back and admire how Vegas gives no shits about loyalty and is just trying to do whatever they think is best for their team to win the Stanley Cup.

Is it the way I would do it? No. But hell, you gotta respect it.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Correct me if I am wrong but if Robin is out for the season, Vegas would only need to clear $2m for Fleury with Lehner on LTIR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad