Proposal: Various proposals

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
:edmonton

C Tomas Plekanec ($6.0/2yr)
C David Desharnais ($3.5/1yr)
D Nathan Beaulieu ($1.0/1yr then RFA)

:habs

C Ryan Nugent Hopkins ($6.0/5yr)
D Mark Fayne ($3.25/2yr)

Rationale: Edmonton is set with McDavid and Draisaitl at center, and Plekanec would be a short-term expensive but ideal option at 3C, while Beaulieu would round out their defense nicely. Montreal takes the 5 year plunge on Nugent-Hopkins at 2C, and adds some mediocre depth in Fayne. The long term pieces for each team here are Beaulieu and RNH.

----------------------------------

:devils

D Andrew MacDonald ($5.0/4yr)
C Nick Cousins ($0.84/1yr then RFA)
2nd round pick in 2017

:flyers

C/LW Jacob Josefson ($1.1/1yr then RFA)

Rationale: Philadelphia gets some wiggle room under the cap and Josefson can capably slot in at 3C or 4C for the time being. New Jersey has the room for a 29yo capable NHL defensemen on a crappy contract, and picks up a decent prospect and pick for their trouble.

:panthers

RW Dustin Brown ($5.9/6yr)
1st round pick in 2017
2nd round pick in 2018

:kings

LW Jussi Jokinen ($4.0/2yr)
D Jakub Kindl ($2.0/1yr)

Rationale: Brown's contract is god awful, but his winning experience isn't, and the Panthers could bear the contractual weight with the 2 players they're trading anyways and benefit from Brown's pedigree - he's still only 31, and they get some solid draft picks to boot. LA gets out from under that albatross long-term at the cost of those picks, and adds some veteran talent short term.

:canes

LW/RW Gustav Nyquist ($4.75/3yr)
G Jimmy Howard ($5.3/3yr)
2nd round pick in 2017

:wings

G Eddie Lack ($2.75/2yr)
D Brett Pesce ($0.8/2yr then RFA)

Rationale: Detroit seems to be in a bad way cap-wise, and the losses in talent of Nyquist and Howard are ones they can afford. Carolina has the cap room to absorb Detroit's players and could use the edge in talent the trade offers.

-----------------------------

Bear in mind that I'm pretty clueless about NMCs, positions and team needs in general because I mostly don't care

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

D Mark Fayne ($3.25/2yr)

Rationale: Edmonton is set with McDavid and Draisaitl at center, and Plekanec would be a short-term expensive but ideal option at 3C, while Beaulieu would round out their defense nicely. Montreal takes the 5 year plunge on Nugent-Hopkins at 2C, and adds some mediocre depth in Fayne. The long term pieces for each team here are Beaulieu and RNH.

:devils

D Andrew MacDonald ($5.0/4yr)
C Nick Cousins ($0.84/1yr then RFA)
2nd round pick in 2017

:flyers

C/LW Jacob Josefson ($1.1/1yr then RFA)

Rationale: Philadelphia gets some wiggle room under the cap and Josefson can capably slot in at 3C or 4C for the time being. New Jersey has the room for a 29yo capable NHL defensemen on a crappy contract, and picks up a decent prospect and pick for their trouble.

:panthers

RW Dustin Brown ($5.9/6yr)
1st round pick in 2017
2nd round pick in 2018

:kings

LW Jussi Jokinen ($4.0/2yr)
D Jakub Kindl ($2.0/1yr)

Rationale: Brown's contract is god awful, but his winning experience isn't, and the Panthers could bear the contractual weight with the 2 players they're trading anyways and benefit from Brown's pedigree - he's still only 31, and they get some solid draft picks to boot. LA gets out from under that albatross long-term at the cost of those picks, and adds some veteran talent short term.

:canes

LW/RW Gustav Nyquist ($4.75/3yr)
G Jimmy Howard ($5.3/3yr)
2nd round pick in 2017

:wings

G Eddie Lack ($2.75/2yr)
D Brett Pesce ($0.8/2yr then RFA)

Rationale: Detroit seems to be in a bad way cap-wise, and the losses in talent of Nyquist and Howard are ones they can afford. Carolina has the cap room to absorb Detroit's players and could use the edge in talent the trade offers.

-----------------------------

Bear in mind that I'm pretty clueless about NMCs, positions and team needs in general because I mostly don't care

Edm, Panthers, Devils, and Canes say no I'm assuming.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
No? Please don't say it's so! I don't even understand why you would make several proposals as you are absolutely clueless and don't care by your own admission.

Well at least your reasoning is valid right
I won't even comment on all these asscandies, but the proposal Florida takes Brown's contract after JUST LAST WEEK getting rid of Bolland's and paying a price for it is just so asinine.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I don't see anything in that trade that would be appealing to the Oilers.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
If that's the cost for getting rid of Brown he would be bought out. I imagine the cost to get rid of him was similar to Bolland. Both had similar contracts but Brown has one more year, however Brown can actually contribute something, hey may just be 3rd line contributions but it is still something.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
If that's the cost for getting rid of Brown he would be bought out. I imagine the cost to get rid of him was similar to Bolland. Both had similar contracts but Brown has one more year, however Brown can actually contribute something, hey may just be 3rd line contributions but it is still something.
What??? Brown is UFA 2022 summer and Bolland is UFA 2019 summer.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
no chance Detroit gives up a 20-25 goal scorer and a 2nd just to move a bad contract. They'll probably just buyout Howard next summer if they can't find a taker at a reasonable price. This is not close to reasonable.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
no chance Detroit gives up a 20-25 goal scorer and a 2nd just to move a bad contract. They'll probably just buyout Howard next summer if they can't find a taker at a reasonable price. This is not close to reasonable.

You may have missed it, but you're also getting an under-23, top-4 RHD in Pesce and a not-terrible goalie who probably just needs a change of scenery...the Canes goalie coach is terrible and seems to **** up everybody.

Not that I think you should do it or the Canes would do it...but you're talking like you're not getting anything back for Nyquist and Howard.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
That LA-Florida trade doesn't help Florida at all. Brown doesn't make them better and a late 1st and late 2nd aren't nearly enough to convince a team to take Brown

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Just because the OP made a bad proposal, does that mean you have to make one equally as bad.

Andrew MacDonald is AHL fodder and likely wouldnt make the Devils. He is beyond horrid. 2 seconds and a top 9 forward prospect like Lindblom isnt asking a ton.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC

D Mark Fayne ($3.25/2yr)

Oilers don't need Beauleu, don't care about Desharnais, prefer RNH over Plekanec... Canadiens don't care about RNH since we prefer Galchenyuk, Fayne is a useless throw in to us, losing Beaulieu hurts more to us than it helps them.

This is not a realistic trade for either team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad