Proposal: Vancouver - Toronto Trade.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
I'm not sure where all this Sbisa hate is coming from. He was the only regular defenceman on the Canucks to finish as a plus (+5). This on a team that was one of the worst in the league defensively. And he played the majority of the season playing his off right side. With Hamhuis gone he can play the left side again and will be a decent #5 defenceman. Way more valuable than Lupul.

I am guessing because most people have long since realized that +/- is a poor stat to judge a player's quality. Maybe you should check out his PDO or his even strength SV%. Both should give you a clue as to why his +/- is inflated.

bobg1

Sep 21, 2006
bc
Honestly Sbisa is a fine bottom paring dman his bad play is way overblown on here, he gets paid too much sure, but I'd rather just keep him, then take on Lupul's contract. So no from the Canucks end.

Obviously you do not listen to Canucks radio. Sbisa is an over-paid bottom d-man

Mad Brills*

Nah.

Rather eat the money on lupul than give up assets to get rid of him.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
would you do it if we removed Sbisa from the deal?

lol, prob more likely, right?

but Canucks couldnt afford ..

makes no sense for either team as is

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
So we take Lupul who sucks for 40-45 games over Sbisa who sucks for 65 to 70 games-im sold lets make the trade

It's better from the perspective of the team to have a cap/salary anchor miss half the season with injuries, than play the whole thing.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
I'd take it straight up

Sbisa is a bottom pairing dman earning triple what he's worth

Can snag one off the bargain bin to do what he does, and if Lupul breaks the 30 point barrier it's a win for Vancouver

Wow, actually I didn't realize how bad Lupul was the last two years. Jesus.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'm not sure where all this Sbisa hate is coming from. He was the only regular defenceman on the Canucks to finish as a plus (+5). This on a team that was one of the worst in the league defensively. And he played the majority of the season playing his off right side. With Hamhuis gone he can play the left side again and will be a decent #5 defenceman. Way more valuable than Lupul.

Yes because in 2016 with the ability to have advanced stats on your lap, +/- is the stat to note. Funny how that works with a borderline NHL player...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad